First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Tentacles, why are you still in anime?
5202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Eastern Washington
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
I know, I hated that part in SAO. And I hated the whole sister/cousin falling in love with him. Just a huge awkward turn off for the story.
50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13

Kikusui10 wrote:

Idk maybe because tentacles are one of the things closest to something sexual, which doesnt bypass the rule of showing porn?



deadpanditto wrote:

I'm not defending tentacles, but they've been part of Japanese culture for a long, long time. Hokusai, a famous wood block artist from the 1800s created a print called "The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife". Guess what that featured?


Yes, tentacles have been around in Japanese art for a long time... I have seen "the fisherman's wife" wood block carving of a women and an octopus...

But the censorship reason is the real reason in recent anime and manga. With censorship laws you cannot show genitals in most anime or manga aside from restricted hentai or porn so to get around the laws they draw tentacles instead of penises. Watch "Wicked City" to see what they can use instead of a vagina... I scarred some friends for life with that anime movie! It's crazy what censorship laws have done, spawning entirely new fetish categories! Tentacles aren't the worst thing they've spawned, believe me!!!
2041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Jacksonville, Flo...
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

blackdahlia90 wrote:

I find it pretty annoying how "fans" are always trying to conform anime into what they think should happen, and how if it doesn't fit into that conformity it makes it a bad anime. Writers and artists write and draw THEIR story how they see it. If you think anime's should happen in a certain way, then write your own story or simply don't watch it. But don't be a spoilsport because you want to exaggerate something miniscule as ruining the entire story. There's nothing productive or attractive about it.


Although your point may be true they just don't care.... They want it seen in their point of view -_-
16065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

hpulley wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

Idk maybe because tentacles are one of the things closest to something sexual, which doesnt bypass the rule of showing porn?



deadpanditto wrote:

I'm not defending tentacles, but they've been part of Japanese culture for a long, long time. Hokusai, a famous wood block artist from the 1800s created a print called "The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife". Guess what that featured?


Yes, tentacles have been around in Japanese art for a long time... I have seen "the fisherman's wife" wood block carving of a women and an octopus...

But the censorship reason is the real reason in recent anime and manga. With censorship laws you cannot show genitals in most anime or manga aside from restricted hentai or porn so to get around the laws they draw tentacles instead of penises. Watch "Wicked City" to see what they can use instead of a vagina... I scarred some friends for life with that anime movie! It's crazy what censorship laws have done, spawning entirely new fetish categories! Tentacles aren't the worst thing they've spawned, believe me!!!


Yea in one anime i saw this mushroom that was supposed to be a vagina i suppose. Think it was from the anime called "Daimao".
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
The same reason they still put lolicon, bukkake, rape, and every other Japanese fetish known to life: People are supporting it.
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / Morioh-cho
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
Because they can't censor tentacles.

You know how they a law about all privates need to be censored even in adult videos?
Yeah they found a loop hole through tentacles.

Seriously Japan.
16065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

Bleidkhord wrote:

Because they can't censor tentacles.

You know how they a law about all privates need to be censored even in adult videos?
Yeah they found a loop hole through tentacles.

Seriously Japan.


Its not really a loop hole, more of a replacement. I suppose they subconsciously want us to think of them as penises, thus making the scene more exciting or dirty. In some cases people are just grossed out though.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
There are still tentacles because they've yet to have their day.

806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
I read the title and laughed till it hurt a little bit.
22988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Here and now, Ete...
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
Don't see what the big deal is. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it, after all.
They shouldn't remove tentacles. what about the people who do like them~? I love tentacles~ XD

As for people thinking its just japan, feast your eyes on Shuma Gorath~!


Coolest tentacled squid beast to come out of the states, courtesy of Marvel (And Capcom)
The Wise Wizard
76603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

hpulley wrote:
It's crazy what censorship laws have done, spawning entirely new fetish categories! Tentacles aren't the worst thing they've spawned, believe me!!!

True. Bukkake, to give one example, is something else that was spawned from Japanese censorship.




Kikusui10 wrote:
Its not really a loop hole, more of a replacement. I suppose they subconsciously want us to think of them as penises, thus making the scene more exciting or dirty. In some cases people are just grossed out though.

Tentacles also have the "advantage" of being as long and thick (make them larger or just add more) as desired.

For those that are into rape porn, the violation by an inhuman beast adds another layer. For those that are more interested in consensual sex, it is no doubt the appeal of the unusual and taboo.

49233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/16/13 , edited 1/16/13
2396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
I feel as if that picture really shouldn't be there.
45763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
The first experience I've had with tentacle was in the anime, "Berserk", I think. I was creeped out but at the same time a little turned on.

I don't mind tentacles. It is an expression of art, just because I find it weird, doesn't mean it's not legitimate.
46090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/17/13
I remember when I thought they were disgusting years ago, Now I dont hate them XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.