First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Nearly all Harem Genres Sucks
24157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
Harem anime has to good in order for me to have interest.
My first exposure to harem was Tenchu Muyo (Universe Series not Tokyo or OVA series).

In essence - well written and/or very likable character's that draw you in.

46239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

cannibalcarrot wrote:

If you go into a harem expecting an Evangelion or Madoka you're gonna be disappointed.
But if you see it for what it is, a playful romp with slapstick jokes and egregious fanservice they are somewhat enjoyable.


If you go into shows like that expecting anything happy you're terribly mistaken
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


cannibalcarrot wrote:

If you go into a harem expecting an Evangelion or Madoka you're gonna be disappointed.
But if you see it for what it is, a playful romp with slapstick jokes and egregious fanservice they are somewhat enjoyable.


If you go into shows like that expecting anything happy you're terribly mistaken


Or you've been terribly lied to.
44072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

AnimeKami wrote:

A few things:

I loved this,


DomoKevin wrote:
If you're an experienced anime fan like me


Using ethos right off the bat *smirking as I type this* anyways moving on...

More of a rant like my predecessors have mentioned, I did however read the post.

I must say that if Rito2Ru sees this thread he would make an effort in commenting this thread(don't make me look bad Harem King).

Let me try this tactic, If you're as experienced in anime as I am, you would know there are various factors to the Harem THEME like with all anime; if a person can see through the boobs, shower scenes etc... you would actually get to know what the anime is trying to convey.

Effective??? >.>

EDIT: adding fan service to a story doesn't mean the whole thing sucks, it gives you something to look at, guess some people just don't like boobs, sad day...

...
AnimeKami...I saw this thread lol

You know, I don't even care anymore, DomoKevin can like and dislike whatever shows and I will have my own opinions
I'm sticking to my harem shows (unless it pulls some Mashiroiro Symphony BS), I'll admit some of the shows do fall in line with his list of complaints, but when you find those shows that dare to do something different with the genre, it was all worth it
But seriously, if you are going into these shows expecting Monogatari style level of goodness every time, you're setting yourself up for disappointment

31911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
I've disliked harems ever since I watched School Days.
25498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 12/2/12
I've disliked harems ever since I watched Love Hina.

that being said, the only harem anime I truly enjoyed was Shuffle!.. with the exception of Sia/Kikyo's story. was so poorly done.
27139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

kaamaru wrote:

I've disliked harems ever since I watched School Days.


School Days is the oddball of harems. No other harem is like that at all. THAT series is one you shouldn't base your decision of harems on.
Banned
3918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12

Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

A few things:

I loved this,


DomoKevin wrote:
If you're an experienced anime fan like me


Using ethos right off the bat *smirking as I type this* anyways moving on...

More of a rant like my predecessors have mentioned, I did however read the post.

I must say that if Rito2Ru sees this thread he would make an effort in commenting this thread(don't make me look bad Harem King).

Let me try this tactic, If you're as experienced in anime as I am, you would know there are various factors to the Harem THEME like with all anime; if a person can see through the boobs, shower scenes etc... you would actually get to know what the anime is trying to convey.

Effective??? >.>

EDIT: adding fan service to a story doesn't mean the whole thing sucks, it gives you something to look at, guess some people just don't like boobs, sad day...

...
AnimeKami...I saw this thread lol

You know, I don't even care anymore, DomoKevin can like and dislike whatever shows and I will have my own opinions
I'm sticking to my harem shows (unless it pulls some Mashiroiro Symphony BS), I'll admit some of the shows do fall in line with his list of complaints, but when you find those shows that dare to do something different with the genre, it was all worth it
But seriously, if you are going into these shows expecting Monogatari style level of goodness every time, you're setting yourself up for disappointment



Like I said, I used to like all harem genre. They were so entertaining (when I was new to them). But then as I continued watching them I noticed that they were so generic and annoying. Seeing tsunderes in almost every harem is a pain. I still like harem genre but it only depends on which ones. One of my most favourite anime is The World God Only Knows. It's so damn good because I love the parody of eroge games and that we see a kiss scene every 1 or 2 episodes. The characters were actually interesting in my opinion, mainly the girl who was scared of talking. Keima (the protagonist) was shown introduced as an otaku who is only interested in playing games and didn't like real women. That's new. I thought he was gonna be a loser. But instead he was so damn epic and hilarious. He was actually likable and one of the most interesting protagonist I've seen. What really made the anime really good is that he actually has to put in an effort to make them love him

I might as well make a thread about the anime to show my opinions about it. People probably think I hate all harems but I don't. Harem animes have so much potential but it seems as if most creators of them don't even have a brain to make up a good one.
Banned
3918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

EJHicks wrote:


kaamaru wrote:

I've disliked harems ever since I watched School Days.


School Days is the oddball of harems. No other harem is like that at all. THAT series is one you shouldn't base your decision of harems on.


School days was great because of the ending XD Plus, I liked how there were no generic scenes where kiss scenes are interupted EVERY SINGLE TIME. And that they choose the protagonist to actually have sex with the girls. I mean a lot of harems should do this. Just because it's an anime doesn't mean the protagonist isn't allowed to have sex. They can. They just gotta not put the sex scene into it but let us audience know that he just had sex. That's it. Like freakin make a scene where they just put their clothes on so we know that they just fucked the shit outta each other.
28465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / PALO ALTO, CA
Online
Posted 12/2/12
I think you have probably watched too many Harems that is why you dislike them now; too much of anything is not good for you. Personally Harems are my second favorite genre to watch. Also it depends on the anime there are quite a few Harems that generally suck but there are also a good number of Harem anime's that are really good. In the end it boils down to personal opinion.
4419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
There are some nice harem shows out there and some are plain stupid.
Its like with everything in life.. once you consume to much of it, it will start tasting vapid..

So not all harems are bad, not all Germans are Nazis and not all volks from southern US are hillbillies...
12375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
I think harem shows are a rather nice change of pace from the usual shows I watch. So I don't think it matters all that much if it's generic or not. As long as I can get a nice chuckle out of the time spent it was well worth it.
14958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
-The world god only knows- is part harem, and i loved it. Dont know how a serie with just harem as genre is though.
72162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
You shouldn't say this...


DomoKevin wrote:
Harem animes have so much potential but it seems as if most creators of them don't even have a brain to make up a good one.


let's replace harem with all.

~ "All animes have so much potential but it seems as if most creators of them don't even have a brain to make up good one."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you can see through the boobs panties etc... and dislike most harems because harems are generic and bland, with that being established. You can dislike any parts of any anime, so why brand harems, and separate harems out of all anime themes?





Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

A few things:

I loved this,


DomoKevin wrote:
If you're an experienced anime fan like me


Using ethos right off the bat *smirking as I type this* anyways moving on...

More of a rant like my predecessors have mentioned, I did however read the post.

I must say that if Rito2Ru sees this thread he would make an effort in commenting this thread(don't make me look bad Harem King).

Let me try this tactic, If you're as experienced in anime as I am, you would know there are various factors to the Harem THEME like with all anime; if a person can see through the boobs, shower scenes etc... you would actually get to know what the anime is trying to convey.

Effective??? >.>

EDIT: adding fan service to a story doesn't mean the whole thing sucks, it gives you something to look at, guess some people just don't like boobs, sad day...

...
AnimeKami...I saw this thread lol

You know, I don't even care anymore, DomoKevin can like and dislike whatever shows and I will have my own opinions
I'm sticking to my harem shows (unless it pulls some Mashiroiro Symphony BS), I'll admit some of the shows do fall in line with his list of complaints, but when you find those shows that dare to do something different with the genre, it was all worth it
But seriously, if you are going into these shows expecting Monogatari style level of goodness every time, you're setting yourself up for disappointment



Wait what about symphony BS? Am I a noob I thought it was ok lol, let me guess you wanted Sana???
7463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / cσηѕтαηтℓу тнιηкιηg
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
omg yes all the girls are annoying and the guy is ugly
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.