First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Feeling Lonely
3895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / up your ASS. AHAH...
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

Winterfells wrote:

I personally believe loving yourself and learning to be content being by yourself, are important before you seek company and happiness being around other people in your life. Or else you're going to be self-reliant on other people for the rest of your life.

It's not bad to want acceptance, and for other people to share in your passions and interests. That's perfectly normal. But I don't think only being able to enjoy something you like be depending on having other people participate in it is necessarily a healthy thing.


I'm just curious, but why isn't it a healthy thing?
23873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Reading, UK
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
I have quite a few friends, but they live quite far from me so i don't get to see them much, i do wish that they live closer so that we could hang out more
4789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
i use to be able to have convo with my frends about games all the time slowly they all lost interest im losing interest to and only 2 of my m8s watch anime but cnt really make convos with them 4 to long they just end it even tho they are more into it then me i can only watch anime so i can talk about it with other
Posted 12/3/12
Alot of the people I know share my interest in anime, so I can go talk to them about it.

Sometimes, I just still feel lonely anyway...
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

Anime_Owns_You wrote:


Winterfells wrote:

I personally believe loving yourself and learning to be content being by yourself, are important before you seek company and happiness being around other people in your life. Or else you're going to be self-reliant on other people for the rest of your life.

It's not bad to want acceptance, and for other people to share in your passions and interests. That's perfectly normal. But I don't think only being able to enjoy something you like be depending on having other people participate in it is necessarily a healthy thing.


I'm just curious, but why isn't it a healthy thing?


I guess I just feel people who are chronically lonely and can only find happiness in the presence of others, and crave for the acceptance and approval of others, are not really addressing the root of their problem.

Sometimes people who struggle being in the company of only themselves have some self-esteem problems, or abandonment issues. And if they don't learn how to be happy by themselves and love themselves, they'll have to rely on people for the rest of their life for assurance.
37219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
Hmmm I can't imagine why you would be feeling down. Your life has you feeling constrained. There's a fair bit of "duty" there and not enough satisfying socializing. Especially losing your girlfriend. And your future isn't a clear-cut blueprint. So, your life is pretty amorphous right now. Loneliness makes sense.

I'm going to say it honestly. You're checking-out with your anime and gaming. From what you say you didn't used to be this involved with it. However, you've shown you're concerned about it so, you won't let it go too far.

Stop paying for your friends. Be friends with them doing what they can afford.

If you like talking about anime more than any of your friends, then get tons more friends so you can spread it around.

My friends and I accept each other as we are. I have found that many people have uncommon interests which only they can "understand". I had a friend who loved to draw maps. Excuse me, cartography. He would read novels and non-fiction and spent hours coming up with maps related to them. He's the only person I have ever met with that hobby.

We're all different and our hobbies are not always where we find our common ground. Maybe it's the fact that we passionately pursue unusual interests that gives us the affinity.
Posted 12/3/12
I like being alone - It's peaceful.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
^ Yeah, what he said.
Sharb8 
21641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

WhatzFun wrote:

Hmmm I can't imagine why you would be feeling down. Your life has you feeling constrained. There's a fair bit of "duty" there and not enough satisfying socializing. Especially losing your girlfriend. And your future isn't a clear-cut blueprint. So, your life is pretty amorphous right now. Loneliness makes sense.

I'm going to say it honestly. You're checking-out with your anime and gaming. From what you say you didn't used to be this involved with it. However, you've shown you're concerned about it so, you won't let it go too far.

Stop paying for your friends. Be friends with them doing what they can afford.

If you like talking about anime more than any of your friends, then get tons more friends so you can spread it around.

My friends and I accept each other as we are. I have found that many people have uncommon interests which only they can "understand". I had a friend who loved to draw maps. Excuse me, cartography. He would read novels and non-fiction and spent hours coming up with maps related to them. He's the only person I have ever met with that hobby.

We're all different and our hobbies are not always where we find our common ground. Maybe it's the fact that we passionately pursue unusual interests that gives us the affinity.


You are right on anime involvement. I started getting into anime late senior year I believe. I would always hear my friends talk about anime and I would always ask, wtf is that? and they would tell me but never payed attention to it. Until finally one day, I decided to youtube some anime series, and came across Death Note, Bleach and Elfen lied. Which were the first to get me into anime. I remember watching 100 episodes of Bleach in 2 weeks, I got really hooked on it. By then it was a bit late, to share my anime experiences with my friends because high school ended and everyone split. Some moved away because of college and others I lost contact with.
Ever since I've tried getting some of my current friends into anime, Haven't really been successful. They will watch it with me when ever they come over to my house but won't watch it on their own time.

And not paying for my friends is really hard to do. What I can do is end up doing things that are not expensive, that way I only spend a little and not a couple hundred in one day.
Me and my friends have always accepted each other, regardless of our flaws and different interests we have. So ,acceptance has never been an issue. Maybe I do feel like I don't fit in, because I have always seen myself as different, compare to everyone else.
I'm computer savvy, love gadgets/technology, metal, anime, etc. And of if you see me, you would never guess that, I don't represent any of that. lol Sometimes you can tell someones interests on how they dress or look. But not me.
1767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / shioshishio ♥
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
Honestly, I feel the same way, but..
most of the time, I feel proud that nobody shares the same interests than me, because then we're all unique. o 3 o
Sharb8 
21641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

iReflect12 wrote:

Honestly, I feel the same way, but..
most of the time, I feel proud that nobody shares the same interests than me, because then we're all unique. o 3 o


That is true.
37219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12


When I burn though a series 20 hours in a week would be tops. I'm the only true fan in the house. My family enjoys it, but not usually enough to stick with a whole series. Plus our tastes can be different. Often I can only watch shows after everyone has gone to bed. Then the big TV is mine, all mine!

Bleach is a great series. I discovered it through Hulu. The show got me to notice manga. I'd never paid much attention to it before. Now I'm a pretty avid manga reader.

Death Note is also great. I haven't seen Elfen lied. I like stories such as Darker Than Black and Phantom: requiem for the phantom. But I enjoy shoujo too.

Anomalous or facetious or anomalously facetious. I guess I like things that are a little left-of-center.
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

I can honestly say I that I understand what you're feeling. I'm experiencing something similar.
4016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / somewhere quiet
Online
Posted 12/5/12
I grew up sheltered by location so I never really had alot of friends and now am to socialy acward to try make any so I kinda relate.
Posted 12/6/12
Don't act like such a causality.
Sometimes I think some people are robot copies of each other with no personal interests, but only have shared interests between one another.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.