First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Feeling Lonely
Sharb8 
20621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol





- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-783367/feeling-lonely-?pg=2#41710549
9616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12

Sharb8 wrote:

You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol


I think of the awesome friends I have, even though it's not a great amount of them or anything, and my awesome mother. And when I do I don't feel alone at all. But I do find it hard to find people with similar interests.
1643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Boston Mass
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
I know what you mean, none of my friends even know i watch anime.. not even my brothers, sisters or even my gf whom ive been dating for 4 months now. I know they would all just make fun of me if they ever found out ... you guys can call me a coward or what ever but i don't plan on telling any of them any time soon..

So yea i know exactly how you feel.
19950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
None of my friends watch anime except for the ones I have in Norway.
And yes, it does get lonely. My current friends aren't all that great, and I have a lot of trouble getting new friends because I'm very shy and feel uncomfortable around people I think are judging me.

But hopefully it'll all blow over, I hate feeling alone so I'll probably just force myself to get out there more.
Sharb8 
20621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:


Sharb8 wrote:

You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol


I think of the awesome friends I have, even though it's not a great amount of them or anything, and my awesome mother. And when I do I don't feel alone at all. But I do find it hard to find people with similar interests.


Well I have friends or know people and share some interest. But the interest aren't any that we can go on talking about for hours. lol



ChickenAndBeer wrote:

I know what you mean, none of my friends even know i watch anime.. not even my brothers, sisters or even my gf whom ive been dating for 4 months now. I know they would all just make fun of me if they ever found out ... you guys can call me a coward or what ever but i don't plan on telling any of them any time soon..

So yea i know exactly how you feel.

Well, I'm pretty open when it comes to anime. I talk about it all the time, I'll post stuff here and there on Facebook but can't really find anyone who is into it as much as me. I watch anime almost everyday and talk about it like once a month. :/
I just have no one to talk about anime with. I guess I can visit these forums more often but its just not the same xD
16234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Jacksonville, FL
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
who really cares though; i got more of my friends into anime by knowing what they would like and watching it on my tv during college and they would watch too; it allows room for talk after
Punk29 
8923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / England
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
I have some amazing freinds and I share absolutely no interests with them! But I'm really close to them and I would tell them pretty much anything, they do think im a bit crazy sometimes though
They've accepted who I am, I'm grateful for it .... But yeah I do get frustrated about not being able to discuss anime xD
That's why I do you tube, it's a really easy way to make new anime loving freinds and discuss your anime
27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

Sharb8 wrote:

You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol


There are times I feel the need for new friends. Simply because my friends tend to be more anti-social than I am at times. I'm lucky enough to have friends who are at least into gaming, some who enjoy anime as well, but none to the same extent as I do.

Our discussions on anime tend to be shallow (Except one friend, I can get into deeper conversations with him about most anything, but he's also the one most likely to not show up to an event.) Gaming can lead to a few interesting conversations about balance/strategy but they just don't have the same level of endurance for it as I do.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Online
Posted 12/2/12
I don't exactly feel lonely, as I have to rely on the internet for most of my socializing, and that works well enough for now. The friends I have now are spread out all over the place, and I am not yet in a good position to get to know anyone locally. I'm home-bound, can't drive, and since I take care of an ailing parent 11-13 hours a day, I spend much of the rest of my time working - on the board game I hope to publish next year.

I know I'll eventually have to branch out, make some local connections, and so on, but for now...I wouldn't be able to get out enough to get to know anyone. So I'll just wait for now. I haven't had a gaming group since college, and I will need one, eventually. The board game I'm creating is not solo-friendly, and must eventually be playtested.
9616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

Spazticus wrote:

I don't exactly feel lonely, as I have to rely on the internet for most of my socializing, and that works well enough for now. The friends I have now are spread out all over the place, and I am not yet in a good position to get to know anyone locally. I'm home-bound, can't drive, and since I take care of an ailing parent 11-13 hours a day, I spend much of the rest of my time working - on the board game I hope to publish next year.

I know I'll eventually have to branch out, make some local connections, and so on, but for now...I wouldn't be able to get out enough to get to know anyone. So I'll just wait for now. I haven't had a gaming group since college, and I will need one, eventually. The board game I'm creating is not solo-friendly, and must eventually be playtested.


Sorry to hear about your parent. I'm sure they feel amazing having you around caring for them!
Sharb8 
20621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

niarBaD wrote:


Sharb8 wrote:

You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol


There are times I feel the need for new friends. Simply because my friends tend to be more anti-social than I am at times. I'm lucky enough to have friends who are at least into gaming, some who enjoy anime as well, but none to the same extent as I do.

Our discussions on anime tend to be shallow (Except one friend, I can get into deeper conversations with him about most anything, but he's also the one most likely to not show up to an event.) Gaming can lead to a few interesting conversations about balance/strategy but they just don't have the same level of endurance for it as I do.


I know how you feel. None of my friends have jobs , so half them play video games and the other just drink.
I have a job and I work from 2:30 pm - 11pm which sucks because it doesn't allow me to go out as much as I wish and can socialize and meet knew people because I also work 6 days a week . And friends having no jobs means we cant go to events or go out.. Last time I took 3 of my friend to the Anime Expo at the Convention Center in Los Angeles but I payed for them, And I;m sure it will be the only time we go because I cant spend money like that all the time. Or I can just go by myself or something. lol

I guess I really need to find a way to go back to school and make some new friends, and hopefully find some with the same interests. That or start adding people on facebook who actually share my interests? haha
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Online
Posted 12/2/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:


Spazticus wrote:

I don't exactly feel lonely, as I have to rely on the internet for most of my socializing, and that works well enough for now. The friends I have now are spread out all over the place, and I am not yet in a good position to get to know anyone locally. I'm home-bound, can't drive, and since I take care of an ailing parent 11-13 hours a day, I spend much of the rest of my time working - on the board game I hope to publish next year.

I know I'll eventually have to branch out, make some local connections, and so on, but for now...I wouldn't be able to get out enough to get to know anyone. So I'll just wait for now. I haven't had a gaming group since college, and I will need one, eventually. The board game I'm creating is not solo-friendly, and must eventually be playtested.


Sorry to hear about your parent. I'm sure they feel amazing having you around caring for them!


Thank you for that sentiment. I don't feel upset about the path I've chosen. I just know that he needs my help to take care of him, and after all both my parents have done for me, I can do nothing less.
349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
Not really. That's because even if my real life friends don't share my interests, I can chat about anime and manga with my online friends. Good thing I met them during one of my random Internet journeys. Known them since 2009, and still friends till this year. And they're online a lot of the time, so yeah. Besides that, I'm the sort of person who lives in her own world, so I'm comfortable with using the Internet as a means of socializing.

There are also times when I make up an excuse not to join my school friends for a reunion/shopping, because I'm not sure what to talk about with them since our interests are so different - besides the fact that we went our separate ways after graduating secondary school. Also, I enrolled in a college far from where they study - and unlike them, I didn't talk about my study options with each other before I decide on what courses to take; I've always had that mindset that if its my business then I should be the one to deal with it alone, and add with my poor ability to actually keep in touch with them makes for a lot less topics to talk about. So yeah.

I'm not awkward in socializing either, I can make new friends real quick, but I guess I'm not really good in keeping up with friends - although this seems to be the case only if those friends come from my primary and secondary school. I'm able to keep in touch better with people I know online that shares the same interests that I do, and I don't even mind if they don't share my interests to my extent.
30054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver B.C.
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

Sharb8 wrote:

You guys ever feel lonely because you're friends don't share the same interests as you?
Of if they do, they are not into it as much as you are?

Not sure how I feel.
I need new friends lol


Same
69683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
The only reason I have friends at all is to not feel lonely, but they're kinda shitty.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.