First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Feeling Lonely
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

haikinka wrote:

The only reason I have friends at all is to not feel lonely, but they're kinda shitty.


You think surrounding yourself with bad people is better than being alone?
69819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

DetectiveAlex wrote:

You think surrounding yourself with bad people is better than being alone?


It's not that they're bad, just not the kind of people I usually have as friends. And to a point, yes.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

haikinka wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

You think surrounding yourself with bad people is better than being alone?


It's not that they're bad, just not the kind of people I usually have as friends. And to a point, yes.


I've heard that notion several times before, and it seems more strange every time. Wouldn't you rather be alone, enjoying a good book or something instead of being around people you don't really like?
69819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

DetectiveAlex wrote:

I've heard that notion several times before, and it seems more strange every time. Wouldn't you rather be alone, enjoying a good book or something instead of being around people you don't really like?


Not everyone enjoys being alone lol. I could do it for a few week maybe, but I'd start to miss talking to people. It's not that I don't like them either, they're just kinda.... boring.
eos 
28752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
My small amount of friends don't like anime. Even so, that's fine. It gives me motivation to look onward to meet new people. So far I've talked to people from The UK, China, Russia, Australia,Germany,Japan, and even Italy. So I suppose yeah I can say it's lonely at times... But It wont stop me from meeting new people and talking about anything and everything, Especially Anime/Manga/lolis/Light Novels/Visual Novels/ OSTs/OVA/Figmas.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

haikinka wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

I've heard that notion several times before, and it seems more strange every time. Wouldn't you rather be alone, enjoying a good book or something instead of being around people you don't really like?


Not everyone enjoys being alone lol. I could do it for a few week maybe, but I'd start to miss talking to people. It's not that I don't like them either, they're just kinda.... boring.


Oh yes, I understand that not everyone enjoys being alone. I just don't get the whole "rather feel pain than nothing at all" mentality. But in your case, your friends aren't bestowing any negative emotions upon you. Perhaps you should find more interesting friends. It's a lot easier than you may think it is.
23977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / North Pole
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

ChickenAndBeer wrote:

I know what you mean, none of my friends even know i watch anime.. not even my brothers, sisters or even my gf whom ive been dating for 4 months now. I know they would all just make fun of me if they ever found out ... you guys can call me a coward or what ever but i don't plan on telling any of them any time soon..

So yea i know exactly how you feel.



You should at least tell your gf, if shes loves you, she won't mind at all.
My bf was shy to tell me he watched 'Bleach', I'm not a huge fan of anime but I still watched a few with him because I love him.
I don't look down on him, i respect his taste and his passion.
47572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
I'm going to quote a Carpenters' song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evETS8_WFGE

"After long enough of being alone,
Everyone must face their share of loneliness,
In my own time, nobody knew
the pain I was going through
and waiting was all my heart could do."


This feeling is terrible, and it's something that's going to keep repeating itself throughout our life.
All we can do is wait for that opportunity to meet the right friend. And sometimes you might lose them again and end up feeling even lonelier than before... so it's all about how to control the balance between negative and positive thoughts.

I know I sound... like a therapist... but it's really just my own experience. I try not to think about the negative feelings and focus on the positive feelings and what I already have.


33656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Construction land!
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
There's a reason I live on the internet. I suck at meeting people IRL, so yeah, my actual life is pretty lonely. (I was almost going to jokingly tyle ronery, but I figured that wouldn't help my cause...) This persona I portray is closer to how I want the real me to be. And I guess I also want to find happiness that can last off the internet...
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
I don't mind "alone" since being "alone" is an illusion. You are never alone.
Banned
34165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

-Vega- wrote:

I don't mind "alone" since being "alone" is an illusion. You are never alone.


THEY'RE ALWAYS WATCHING.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

CarboKill wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I don't mind "alone" since being "alone" is an illusion. You are never alone.


THEY'RE ALWAYS WATCHING.


The Illuminati? LOL.

Banned
34165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

-Vega- wrote:


The Illuminati? LOL.



REPENT YOUR SINS AND GOD WILL SAVE US ALL!
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

CarboKill wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


The Illuminati? LOL.



REPENT YOUR SINS AND GOD WILL SAVE US ALL!


Okay.
4461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Online
Posted 12/2/12
Sometimes maybe a little bit "talk-lonely".
And on top... not even a hardcore-anime-adict-cosplay-girlfriend in sight
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.