First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The World God Only Knows: Example of a Good Harem?
Banned
3918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
Ok so a lot of people think that I hate all harem anime. That's not actually true at all. I find some harems really good. "School Days" for example. Hahaha, the fact that the main character fucks all the heroines is amusing. The ending was great but I don't wanna spoil it for you guys. That's not the anime I want to talk about though.

I've watched The World God Only Knows and it was so entertaining. I loved the plot of the show. It's pretty much a guy who is a king of eroge games, gets a contract from a demon who wants him to conquer girls (win their hearts) which he thought it would refer to the heroines in eroge games. But when he is introduced to the demon (who is a smokin' hot babe), he now has to win real girl's hearts by kissing them, using his knowledge of eroge games. If he doesn't he would be killed. Love it.

One of the main reasons why I would consider this anime a good harem is because of the main character. He is not into real girls, just girls from eroge games. He does not care about real life and only cares about games. The teacher give up on controlling his behaviour and all he does is play games in class. But when he needs to win a real girl's heart, damn is he good. Haha. The attempts he makes when trying to win a girl over is hilarious. The quote he makes "I can see the ending!" is one of the most epic parts in the anime. It's so damn engaging. And what happens after the effort? Yes he kisses them.

The heroines are actually great in this show. The fact that none of them are slutty! Ok I know what you guys are thinking. Kevin, there's a tsundere in this anime! I don't fucking care, the other heroines are great so I still like this show. All the characters (except miss tsundere) are great. Why? Because they are different in their own way. We have a teacher, we have a rich kid, we have a pop star, we have a person that doesn't want to talk. Keima categorises what sort of heroine they are and how he can approach each one of them depending on the character.

No ecchi crap in this anime. Yes we have one scene where it shows us Elsie showing up naked in front of Keima in the bath. That was just a bit of fan service but other than that, PG rated guys (=^_^=) Oh and the funny scene with Keima doing the a report with Elsie's friend is not considered ecchi. I thought that part was hilarious as hell. I'm pretty sure you guys know the scene I'm talking about, I was laughing like crazy when I saw it.

The cons of this anime is that it can get a bit repetitive. I mean we all know that in 1 or 2 episodes he will win the girl's hearts and kiss them.

But who cares. Great anime, great new plot, epic main character, awesome heroines. Love it.











Oh and do take not that I am not an ecchi hater. I just don't like the fact that creators use it to get perverts to watch that particular anime that it gets so damn annoying. I mean seeing fan service of one of my favourite female character would give me an instant boner
90948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
The moment you start explaining yourself you're in the shits.

Your issue is you are branding themes of anime bad because of bad story/plot. Don't do this.

Try breaking your argument down to the components and replacing the specifics with generics you will find it very disturbing how generic your argument can get, as it pertains to almost every anime.
Banned
3918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12

AnimeKami wrote:

The moment you start explaining yourself you're in the shits.

Your issue is you are branding themes of anime bad because of bad story/plot. Don't do this.

Try breaking your argument down to the components and replacing the specifics with generics you will find it very disturbing how generic your argument can get, as it pertains to almost every anime.


I agree. I should really improve. But I just started doing these sort of threads a few days ago. I suck at reviewing anime but I still do it because I can't play Elsword since windows is not working so I got nothing better to do than to make up a hell shitty thread like this one. Probably I should go back to making troll threads and get banned again.

But yeah, I'm all about the plot and shit. All I care about is plot. Haha. But look on the bright side, at least I'm giving you guys something to discuss about.
31437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Online
Posted 12/2/12
It's a good series. Not one of my favorites by a mile, but a pretty good series.
225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
I really love this anime, the manga isn't as repetitive with the conquests anymore because they moved onto the goddesses and stopping Vintage and some really cool new plots. If you haven't gotten to read it yet, I suggest going to redhawkscans or mangareader and doing so
24100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 12/2/12
Just to correct you, Keima plays dating sims not eroge.
4465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My room where els...
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
The world god only knows is one of my favorites and i hope there planning on making a season 3 after all they are releasing new ova its tenri arc.
48125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 12/2/12
My problem with the manga was I couldnt figure out where the anime stopped in the manga... Id rather read from there than start at the beginning, even if there is plot deviation.

Also this series didnt really strike me as a harem anime, since he isnt really interested in keeping them as girlfriends, nor are they forced on him as potential brides.
63618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12
I agree with pretty much everything the OP said about this show. Now THIS is how you do a Harem show! And I do consider this a harem show even if he technically does not "keep" them. I mean really...how many harem shows have a main protagonist that "keeps" all the girl characters?

In any case I'm not arguing semantics or details. I just love how Keima is NOT, I repeat....NOT like other male harem leads. Most other shows the main character is like Shinji from NGE, or Tenchi from "Tenchi Muyo". And after so many years of shows like that I have to say I HATE lead characters like that. And on the other end of the spectrum are lead characters like Tomoki from "Sora no Otoshimono". And they're not much better.

Keima may come off as a bit of a pompous ass, but the fact that he is so different from what we almost always end up with in most harem shows and the fact that he's closer to what we'd get in real life makes it all the more better. Plus this way it's also fun watching him get pwned, electrocuted or tazed or just plain tortured. Lots of laughs and fun in this show.
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/12
this by far NOT the best harem,...
it is too repetitive and in the end the girls forget everything, so he is not able to genuinely fall in love himself.
i am basing this only on the anime: it would have been way better if he developed some feelings towards a particular girl but he was just too indulged in his GALGEs, so it became boring pretty fast....
BEST HAREM--> TO LOVE RU DARKNESS (only read manga)
34250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
this is not the best, but it is a really good one. Its very enjoyable to watch and keeps you wanting more.
16193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 1/20/13

keknight wrote:

The world god only knows is one of my favorites and i hope there planning on making a season 3 after all they are releasing new ova its tenri arc.


Its already been confirmed that season 3 is in production. No date as to when it will start yet though.
18577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/20/13

Kikusui10 wrote:


keknight wrote:

The world god only knows is one of my favorites and i hope there planning on making a season 3 after all they are releasing new ova its tenri arc.


Its already been confirmed that season 3 is in production. No date as to when it will start yet though.


It's also been confirmed that they're producing a spin-off series based on Kanon.
4465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My room where els...
Offline
Posted 1/20/13

RoyalMoon wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:


keknight wrote:

The world god only knows is one of my favorites and i hope there planning on making a season 3 after all they are releasing new ova its tenri arc.


Its already been confirmed that season 3 is in production. No date as to when it will start yet though.


It's also been confirmed that they're producing a spin-off series based on Kanon.


Yeah i heard about the production of season 3 but i didn't know that there was going to be a spin-off based on kanon.
16193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 1/20/13 , edited 1/20/13
The spin off will be out march 4th i think.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.