First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Ultimate Madoka release!
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
that's just how aniplex rolls with their flagship titles. I'm happy it wasn't as bad as fate/zero, I would love to own that but I need both my kidneys
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

justinhhp87 wrote:

ugh the blu ray releases are bullshit almost 50 bucks for 3 episodes is a hot pile of stank; its a horrible bargain paying 15 dollars an episode


Slightly better (Oh who am I kidding, it's a lot better) than Japan Bluray release. They're paying 55~$ for 2 episodes (total of 6 volumes).

Funimation is the only one that sells anime cheap but apparently anime fans want them to go under.
18234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Jacksonville, FL
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

FallenYmir wrote:


justinhhp87 wrote:

ugh the blu ray releases are bullshit almost 50 bucks for 3 episodes is a hot pile of stank; its a horrible bargain paying 15 dollars an episode


Slightly better (Oh who am I kidding, it's a lot better) than Japan Bluray release. They're paying 55~$ for 2 episodes (total of 6 volumes).

Funimation is the only one that sells anime cheap but apparently anime fans want them to go under.


i actually like funimation i dont understand Aniplex that offers only ultra premium versions of series and no base version

11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
I think ppl hate funimation because all they're releasing is fan service. But that's not their fault that is what is popular in japan
75786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / in your head
Offline
Posted 12/3/12 , edited 12/3/12
I feel an urge to make the figure part of my collection ^^
49525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Bronx New York
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
I have my pre-order for her with Hobby Search and i got an email saying that it would come out this month but i still have not recived my paypal bill from them. I hope it will not be delayed again i really am looking foward to her.
49466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/3/12 , edited 12/3/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

that's just how aniplex rolls with their flagship titles. I'm happy it wasn't as bad as fate/zero, I would love to own that but I need both my kidneys


That's why I decided to just go with the Blu-ray versions, forget all that extra fluff. As with Fate/Zero, I think the price is fair all things considered. For the figurines, I'd never buy something like that for that price. Now, maybe if it was Misato or Shinji figurine I'd shell out at the most $200 for it.
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

I think ppl hate funimation because all they're releasing is fan service. But that's not their fault that is what is popular in japan


I don't think fan-service is the reason considering that their haul consists of titles like One Piece, FMA:B, Steins;Gate, Index, .Hack, etc.

I think the main complaint is that they do dubs or something insignificant that only weeboos would care about.
49466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

FallenYmir wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

I think ppl hate funimation because all they're releasing is fan service. But that's not their fault that is what is popular in japan


I don't think fan-service is the reason considering that their haul consists of titles like One Piece, FMA:B, Steins;Gate, Index, .Hack, etc.

I think the main complaint is that they do dubs or something insignificant that only weeboos would care about.


The deal with all the fan service shows is this: they think, what can we license without any lengthy complications (Geneon rescues anyone) that people will most likely pay for? Granted, not all their shows are fan service and this isn't the only reason they usually license those type of shows. Somewhat related, but I hope they get Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail released spring 2013 as was estimated because it was supposed to be released in 2011 and it's the end of 2012... that's just me though.

11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
they do have black lagoon Shrapnel its on their website. I believe the episodes are even free to stream
40575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 12/3/12

bemused_Bohemian wrote:

I pre-ordered 2 of these on the day GSC would allow pre-orders via AmiAmi. My Dec 2012 item detail still has her "anticipated" late-Dec 2012. Will she be available then? We'll know in a few weeks, won't we. November 2012 was an expensive month for me...over $700 USD and counting for 8 figurines.


Two? One for display and one to keep in mint condition inside the box then?
75824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 12/3/12 , edited 12/3/12

Victoryfraud wrote:


bemused_Bohemian wrote:

I pre-ordered 2 of these on the day GSC would allow pre-orders via AmiAmi. My Dec 2012 item detail still has her "anticipated" late-Dec 2012. Will she be available then? We'll know in a few weeks, won't we. November 2012 was an expensive month for me...over $700 USD and counting for 8 figurines.


Two? One for display and one to keep in mint condition inside the box then?


One to display. One to re-sell eventually (although the open window for ordering this Madoka lasted so long the second one will likely be given to 1 of my young nieces as soon as I determine she's interested in animation beyond Disney--Pixar).

Habs19 
33162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/3/12
I would so buy this if I actually still had a job, because for a 16 year old it ain't easy to accumulate $200
36939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
I am also hoping that Ultimate Madoka doesn't get delayed yet again, i been waiting for it so i can put it next to the 3 Limited edition Madoka releases i got ealier this year.

I like the products that FUNimation licenses, my biggest gripe with the company is the way they strain from original scrips and how 90% of their anime is voiced by the exact same people who most of the time don't match the personality of the character (biggest offender is Ginta's voice actor on Deadman Wonderland).
49466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

they do have black lagoon Shrapnel its on their website. I believe the episodes are even free to stream


I meant on DVD/Blu-ray and dubbed in English with the original cast like was planned.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.