First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Do you think the U.S.A government is failing to help its citizens?
50511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 12/4/12
Politicians don't have any knowledge of its citizens nor do they try to learn. Politicians focus on what keeps their job over actually accomplishing anything. As seen in the 2008 election all a politician needs is a crazy amount of celebrity status and charisma. The 2012 election was a joke. The house and senate have been changed so much from its original architecture that it is impossible to get anything done. People are stupid they elected Obama who is a "Foriegn policy" president during the time we needed changes domestically. It is not entirely the governments fault mostly the complacency of the populace. However we will eventually reach the limit and drastic changes will either occur or the government will fail.
4955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

The governments throughout most of the world are meant to control you mind, body, and spirit. They give don't give a shit about you. To them, you are nothing but cattle; an resource to be used and owned. We are all actually property of the government. We are all economic slaves to the system. The word government is derived from two words. Ment = Mental and Govern = Control. Government is mind control of the masses; just like organized religion.

"Organized" religion and government are intertwined entities that rule mankind.


I beg to differ. People are "controlled" because they allow it. They either don't care until it affects them, or are too lazy or squeamish to do anything about it. There are too many gullible "sheep" in this country....when you vote for/allow the fox to watch the hen house, what can you expect than all hell breaking loose? ..... And I'm tired of all this crap people believe about organized religion. NOBODY is brainwashed to do/believe anything. That's why people come and leave a faith, and there are so many (what I call) pseudo adherents, they pick and choose what they want to believe but still (call themselves) consider themselves belonging to that group. That's like saying you believe in equal rights, but you don't think everyone should be allowed to vote...WTF?

It also works the other way. Someone could say that those who don't believe in a faith is brainwashed by whomever (atheists, government, media, etc.)...."A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln I think all this anti-political party/ anti-organized religion BS, is the crap the government stirs up to bring division among the people to keep them from accomplishing anything productive......like kicking (the government's) their asses out of office, getting them to do their job, or, at the very least, listen to the people (like they're supposed to) they govern. Don't fall for their scheme.


I have no problem with 'Faith'

Religion, however, all to often is the Abuse of Faith into a tool to oppress others.



I used the word "faith", because I wanted to generalize and not post about any specific religion. It is not religion that abuses the people, but PEOPLE who use it AS AN EXCUSE by twisting meanings and words to suit their agenda to abuse the people.....just like how our government twists meanings and words of our constitution to suit their agenda and abuse the people.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

PhyongHwa wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

The governments throughout most of the world are meant to control you mind, body, and spirit. They give don't give a shit about you. To them, you are nothing but cattle; an resource to be used and owned. We are all actually property of the government. We are all economic slaves to the system. The word government is derived from two words. Ment = Mental and Govern = Control. Government is mind control of the masses; just like organized religion.

"Organized" religion and government are intertwined entities that rule mankind.


I beg to differ. People are "controlled" because they allow it. They either don't care until it affects them, or are too lazy or squeamish to do anything about it. There are too many gullible "sheep" in this country....when you vote for/allow the fox to watch the hen house, what can you expect than all hell breaking loose? ..... And I'm tired of all this crap people believe about organized religion. NOBODY is brainwashed to do/believe anything. That's why people come and leave a faith, and there are so many (what I call) pseudo adherents, they pick and choose what they want to believe but still (call themselves) consider themselves belonging to that group. That's like saying you believe in equal rights, but you don't think everyone should be allowed to vote...WTF?

It also works the other way. Someone could say that those who don't believe in a faith is brainwashed by whomever (atheists, government, media, etc.)...."A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln I think all this anti-political party/ anti-organized religion BS, is the crap the government stirs up to bring division among the people to keep them from accomplishing anything productive......like kicking (the government's) their asses out of office, getting them to do their job, or, at the very least, listen to the people (like they're supposed to) they govern. Don't fall for their scheme.


I have no problem with 'Faith'

Religion, however, all to often is the Abuse of Faith into a tool to oppress others.



I used the word "faith", because I wanted to generalize and not post about any specific religion. It is not religion that abuses the people, but PEOPLE who use it AS AN EXCUSE by twisting meanings and words to suit their agenda to abuse the people.....just like how our government twists meanings and words of our constitution to suit their agenda and abuse the people.


When those people are the ones who appointed themselves in charge of the religion or as it's holy defenders. What's the difference? At least with a democratic government dissent is tolerated and there is even lip service given to it being encouraged. Most religions call dissent Blasphemy.

4955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

The governments throughout most of the world are meant to control you mind, body, and spirit. They give don't give a shit about you. To them, you are nothing but cattle; an resource to be used and owned. We are all actually property of the government. We are all economic slaves to the system. The word government is derived from two words. Ment = Mental and Govern = Control. Government is mind control of the masses; just like organized religion.

"Organized" religion and government are intertwined entities that rule mankind.


I beg to differ. People are "controlled" because they allow it. They either don't care until it affects them, or are too lazy or squeamish to do anything about it. There are too many gullible "sheep" in this country....when you vote for/allow the fox to watch the hen house, what can you expect than all hell breaking loose? ..... And I'm tired of all this crap people believe about organized religion. NOBODY is brainwashed to do/believe anything. That's why people come and leave a faith, and there are so many (what I call) pseudo adherents, they pick and choose what they want to believe but still (call themselves) consider themselves belonging to that group. That's like saying you believe in equal rights, but you don't think everyone should be allowed to vote...WTF?

It also works the other way. Someone could say that those who don't believe in a faith is brainwashed by whomever (atheists, government, media, etc.)...."A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln I think all this anti-political party/ anti-organized religion BS, is the crap the government stirs up to bring division among the people to keep them from accomplishing anything productive......like kicking (the government's) their asses out of office, getting them to do their job, or, at the very least, listen to the people (like they're supposed to) they govern. Don't fall for their scheme.


I have no problem with 'Faith'

Religion, however, all to often is the Abuse of Faith into a tool to oppress others.



I used the word "faith", because I wanted to generalize and not post about any specific religion. It is not religion that abuses the people, but PEOPLE who use it AS AN EXCUSE by twisting meanings and words to suit their agenda to abuse the people.....just like how our government twists meanings and words of our constitution to suit their agenda and abuse the people.


When those people are the ones who appointed themselves in charge of the religion or as it's holy defenders. What's the difference? At least with a democratic government dissent is tolerated and there is even lip service given to it being encouraged. Most religions call dissent Blasphemy.



Well, it all depends on what religion you're talking about, and what "dissent" you're talking about...not all religions/situations are the same. I can't answer you unless you're talking about a specific faith, because they are not all the same.

12109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
63 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
The government is made up of the people, for the people and by the people. If your willing to sit back and watch it like a sideshow instead of getting involved by voting, online petition signing, calling or emailing your Congressmen or women, then you have no right to complain when it doesn't work.

Social Security is not an Entitlement program, it's been paid into by all of us to help the seniors in this country that do NOT have the ability to work any longer but still have to take care of themselves.

So yes it works, when it's citizens insist that their representatives work for us, not Grover Norquist, coroporate businesses or wall street.
12685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
The US is doing a lot better than China, at least. It's obvious we disagree on various laws and proposed laws and such, but there are SO MANY laws and regulations that there is really no way to deal with everything in a way that 100% of the people will agree with. No matter what you do, somebody somewhere will not like it. Certain issues need regulations but will be split pretty evenly down the middle.

As with any position of power, a position as a government official will invariably be too tempting for some, who will use their opportunity to abuse their power and focus on self-gain.
24163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
All depends on what your definition of "help" is.

To put in perspective "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" and healthcare.

One camp believes it up to the individual to provide there own method to health care, and if you can't, sorry about your luck (even if it kills you).
Another camp believes it up to the government to enable affordable care to everyone at a basic level and spreading the cost across society.

toxxin 
38157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
I think the citizens are failing to help their government. Wlefare instituted during the great depression to help all of the displaced jobless people was only meant as a temporary measure to help them get back on their feet. Now there are entire generations of people living off of welfare who have never held down a job in their life and living where they do (commonly low income apartment complexes) surrounded by people of like mind are taking advantage of the good will of the government and are offering nothing to society in return. I commonly refer to people like that as leeches, feeding off of the host until they bleed it dry and then move onto the next one or die. President Roosevelt would be turning in his grave if he knew how people were misusing his kindness.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

PhyongHwa wrote:

Well, it all depends on what religion you're talking about, and what "dissent" you're talking about...not all religions/situations are the same. I can't answer you unless you're talking about a specific faith, because they are not all the same.



Well the Major Judea-Christian ones come to mind. Christianity seems to be growing up a bit but there are still people in this world who'd be happy to turn their countries into a christian version of Iran. Islam too, especially from it's loudest proponents and in countries where it was born. Name your Cult: Jones, Koresh, Moon, etc. all seem to pursue their agenda to the detriment of their followers. In general: As soon as Faith get's 'Organised' into Religion. The potential for abuse by human agents increases dramatically and suddenly everyone is drinking the koolaid or being killed for trying to make others aware of the flaws in the emperor's sartorial choices.

50256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/4/12 , edited 12/4/12

-Vega- wrote:


haikinka wrote:

The government never wanted to help it's citizens you silly billy.


This.



This and this. This too. Also you have a typo... it's supposed to be its not it's. Proper grammar yo.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


haikinka wrote:

The government never wanted to help it's citizens you silly billy.


This.



This and this. This too. Also you have a typo... it's supposed to be its not it's. Proper grammar yo.


LOL. Funny!

50256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/4/12 , edited 12/4/12

-Vega- wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


haikinka wrote:

The government never wanted to help it's citizens you silly billy.


This.



This and this. This too. Also you have a typo... it's supposed to be its not it's. Proper grammar yo.


LOL. Funny!



34320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Parallel Mooniverse
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
I think that the US Government is just going thru harsh times right now because of the deficit. We put them in office and they can't do anything but argue among themselves. Hopefully the economy will go back up and the government will find out how to compromise.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
Illuminati: Origins of Secret Government:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHi3xeTTHP4
6019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

-Vega- wrote:


brawnhilda wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

The word government is derived from two words. Ment = Mental and Govern = Control.


Not to disagree with your point but the "-ment" in government is not short for "mental". It's a noun suffix the denotes an action or resulting state, a product, or means.


That's just one meaning only found in the mainstream dictionaries.



Or from Latin students; they'd tell you the same thing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.