First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Do you think the U.S.A government is failing to help its citizens?
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
Failed to help its citizens in what way?
28223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
Honestly, we've hit a point where about 250 years worth of bad decisions are coming back to bite us in the butt. Basically, things went wrong as soon as Washington left office. He specifically warned against the formation of political parties, and look where it got us. We're caught in a political deadlock between two parties that have become such polar opposites that neither one is willing to cooperate or compromise with the other, to our detriment. Plus, it is widely held that no other political party is worth taking seriously, when in reality this is only the case because we say so of our own free will.

That, or course, is only part of the problem. Another major element is the kickback system. Wall Street, major Corporations, Hollywood, the RIAA, you name it. All of them make huge contributions to political campaigns, and in exchange the politicians sneak or force through policies that benefit those groups, again to our detriment. Not only that, but a respectable chunk of our deficit is the accumulation of various projects, mostly on the state and local levels, that barely benefit anyone except the congressmen who receive kickbacks.

It's our fault too, though. Plenty of people squander their college grants, abuse the welfare system, go on unemployment without bothering to actually look for work, go on Social Security for a condition that in no way prevents them from working, the list of ways Americans have found of abusing the system goes on and on. Not only that, but unless someone goes out of their way to rally support, like what happened with SOPA, Americans rarely do anything to keep their congressmen in check or even know what is currently going on in congress.
26363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
The Prob is that everyone has forgotten that our elected officials serve a PUBLIC OFFICE not a political office. I say that these elected officials need to be held accountable for the whole mess. Trillions in debt? I want to know what you did with the money, and I don't want to hear " he did it, he did it" Your all at fault, every mothers son of ya. All I can do is vote and pray that it works. I'm sick of it having to choose between bad and bad it's not a choice at all. Your all self serving and out of touch with reality. I think your salary should be what ever the national average income per capita is. Look it up, live on what I live on, get your heads out of your ....sand and start serving the people. thats your job, Republican or democrat.
Totavo 
51453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri, United...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
The Government should not try to do so much that it can't do anything. I can't really explain my thoughts without writing a story that needs a tl;dr at the end so I won't post it since I know I just scroll past those posts myself.

I believe in a minimal government, just enough to make sure things are taken care of here at home, not problems that some thrid world county had thrown itself into. If it doesn't stop what its doing now we will end up in a bad situation in the future. If I actually own more than my government then something is wrong. It should not be in such a huge debt hole, that always leads to problems. I may be wrong on that since it could probably sell so much crap to get out of it that its not really a debt, but still I could keep jabbering on with this nonsense forever if I let myself.

If you have any opinions on my views go ahead, I'm always open to new opinions.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Best Virginia
Offline
Posted 12/4/12

haikinka wrote:

The government never wanted to help it's citizens you silly billy.


I feel like this is the smartest thing any 13 year old has said ever.
50413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/5/12
I just find it amusing when 1st world people complain about the country they're living in.

Would you rather live in somewhere like China where they pay you $1 per hour?

No society system can be perfect; just be happy with what you have.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

santosoldato wrote:


haikinka wrote:

The government never wanted to help it's citizens you silly billy.


I feel like this is the smartest thing any 13 year old has said ever.


Ha ha ha!

53784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

kennk5 wrote:


Proxy_Echo wrote:
As i notice more and more americans care about what happens to famouse people lives. They have lose touch into what is happening around them, each day the government is taking more control of the citizens. I mean why should the government be able to pass laws we the people dont agree on sounds more like a dictatorship telling us what we can do and what we cant do. the system is to corrupted and there is a reason why the founding fathers gave the government minimal power over the people. I really think people need to stand up against the government take the power back that always belonged to them. 1 thing i hate is how you they flood the jails over people having weed JUST weed. we pay with our taxes each time they put someone who was stoped and had weed really stupid thing to do. the war on drugs i laugh at that its a huge waste of tax payer money that can really be used for something els, something meaningful. what do you think about this situation.

If you are unhappy here I propose that we at CR take up a collection of say 25 cents each to buy you a [non-refundable] one-way ticket [by boat] to Iraq or Somalia for the fun of learning by being there. Should you make it back you can let us stupid peeps in the USA know what you learned in your travels. Maybe it could be made into a funny travel anime so that all of us that don't understand how bad we have it can be allowed to have a smile again. Remember to wish all you meet a Merry X-mas.




POSTED FOR THE SMILE FACTOR ONLY!


This. Having visited and/or traveled near these places, America has it GOOD. Despite what the media says. That being said, can things be better? Sure. Could they be worse? Oh hell yes.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

brawnhilda wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


brawnhilda wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

The word government is derived from two words. Ment = Mental and Govern = Control.


Not to disagree with your point but the "-ment" in government is not short for "mental". It's a noun suffix the denotes an action or resulting state, a product, or means.


That's just one meaning only found in the mainstream dictionaries.



Or from Latin students; they'd tell you the same thing.


You're just wrong.

The etymology of government means to control the mind. From Latinised Greek gubernatio "management, government", from Ancient Greek κυβερνισμός, κυβέρνησις (kybernismos, kybernesis) "steering, pilotage, guiding", from κυβερνάω (kybernao) "to steer, to drive, to guide, to act as a pilot" plus Latin mente "mind".

All the mainstream dictionaries have omitted the true meaning of "ment or mente". Go get an older dictionary or ask a legitimate linguist.

23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alhambra, CA
Offline
Posted 12/5/12 , edited 12/5/12
The [U.S.] Government exists NOT TO BABYSIT and GIVE HANDOUTS!

I mean come on really? Weed? Are you really using that weed argument to indicate the U.S. government is failing to help its citizens?
17114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Oregon coast
Offline
Posted 12/5/12
Too many people think of the government as the Parent. They make all the decisions and tell you how to live, what to eat, what to think.

The government is NOT the PARENT. The government is the CHILD.

That child needs to be taken out behind the woodshed for some attitude adjustment.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/5/12 , edited 12/5/12

RGCelestine wrote:

The [U.S.] Government exists NOT TO BABYSIT and GIVE HANDOUTS!

I mean come on really? Weed? Are you really using that weed argument to indicate the U.S. government is failing to help its citizens?


The reason why the government illegalized weed is so that we can't get natural medicine that has no harmful side effects that can actually cure us of many diseases. Did you know that?

Weed is the cure for cancer and the government doesn't want us to have it.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/12/03/miracle-babys-brain-tumor-shrinks-to-nothing-with-natural-treatment-of-cannabis-oil/

Why marijuana is illegal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93pvKrGNO9o

Also, pretty much all of the Presidents smoked weed for it's medicinal properties. The government keeps the weed for themselves.

23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alhambra, CA
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

-Vega- wrote:


RGCelestine wrote:

The [U.S.] Government exists NOT TO BABYSIT and GIVE HANDOUTS!

I mean come on really? Weed? Are you really using that weed argument to indicate the U.S. government is failing to help its citizens?


The reason why the government illegalized weed is so that we can't get natural medicine that has no harmful side effects that can actually cure us of many diseases. Did you know that?

Weed is the cure for cancer and the government doesn't want us to have it.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/12/03/miracle-babys-brain-tumor-shrinks-to-nothing-with-natural-treatment-of-cannabis-oil/



LOL! Really? What makes you so sure that it was deemed illegal so people can't get natural medicine?

Cannabis is used for medical treatments. So if the government really want Cannabis out of the picture, then it would have not been used for medical treatments.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/5/12 , edited 12/5/12

RGCelestine wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


RGCelestine wrote:

The [U.S.] Government exists NOT TO BABYSIT and GIVE HANDOUTS!

I mean come on really? Weed? Are you really using that weed argument to indicate the U.S. government is failing to help its citizens?


The reason why the government illegalized weed is so that we can't get natural medicine that has no harmful side effects that can actually cure us of many diseases. Did you know that?

Weed is the cure for cancer and the government doesn't want us to have it.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/12/03/miracle-babys-brain-tumor-shrinks-to-nothing-with-natural-treatment-of-cannabis-oil/



LOL! Really? What makes you so sure that it was deemed illegal so people can't get natural medicine?



Cannabis is used for medical treatments. So if the government really want Cannabis out of the picture, then it would have not been used for medical treatments.


It's called independent research, man. That is why I am sure.

The "federal" government wants it out of the picture so that Big Pharma which is run by the federal government can pump YOU with toxic pharmaceuticals. Most "state" governments wants it legal. Have seen you the trend lately of many states going towards legalization of marijuana? There are good reasons why that is happening and one reason is that people are waking up to the idea that Fed is a totalitarian regime that want to control every aspect of your life; from birth to death.



23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alhambra, CA
Offline
Posted 12/5/12

-Vega- wrote:


RGCelestine wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


RGCelestine wrote:

The [U.S.] Government exists NOT TO BABYSIT and GIVE HANDOUTS!

I mean come on really? Weed? Are you really using that weed argument to indicate the U.S. government is failing to help its citizens?


The reason why the government illegalized weed is so that we can't get natural medicine that has no harmful side effects that can actually cure us of many diseases. Did you know that?

Weed is the cure for cancer and the government doesn't want us to have it.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/12/03/miracle-babys-brain-tumor-shrinks-to-nothing-with-natural-treatment-of-cannabis-oil/



LOL! Really? What makes you so sure that it was deemed illegal so people can't get natural medicine?

It's called research, man.

Cannabis is used for medical treatments. So if the government really want Cannabis out of the picture, then it would have not been used for medical treatments.


The "federal" government wants it out of the picture so that Big Pharma which is run by the federal government can pump YOU with toxic pharmaceuticals. Most "state" governments wants it legal. Have seen you the trend lately of many states going towards legalization of marijuana? There are good reasons why that is happening and one reason is that people are waking up to the idea that Fed is a totalitarian regime that want to control every aspect of your life; from birth to death.





Again.... LOL!

Pharmaceutical companies are in a race to get patents on the derivatives from Cannabis as one of their products.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.