First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Metal Heads that Love Anime?
13657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 12/4/12
I feel as if they are not really out there or I just can't find them. I love Pantera, Slipknot, The Agony Scene, Suicide Silence, White Chapel, Job for a Cowboy, etc. And just about anything heavy.

Are there any metal lovers of anime out there? And what genre of Anime is your favorite? I like anything from Cowboy Bebop to Clannad: After Story. I'm a mixed bag.
Scarve 
16069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wales, UK
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
Yea dude I'm into the whole metal scene, perhaps not as much conventional metal as yourself but some of my favorites are: Soilwork, Monuments, The Safety Fire, Periphery, Veil of Maya, Sybreed, Meshuggah, I'll stop there for now the list would just keep expanding, I play guitar in a UK Prog Metal band called Transitions as well.

And yea I like all the Anime's you mentioned, i.e Claymore, Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night, Clannad/After Story, Trigun, GITS, Outlaw Star, Gosick two quite new oens I've really gotten into are Muv Luv's Total Eclipse and Sword art online etc.

I agree though I've noticed the lack in metal fans that also like anime :/, I don't just like metal of course but it is one of my main Genre's.

9616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
I used to listen to metal all the time. I still do, just not as much recently.

Some of the bands I like are (no particular order):

Killswitch Engage
All Shall Perish
Periphery
August Burns Red
Unearth
Veil of Maya
The Contorionist
Suicide Silence
12022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Chicago IL
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
Im a metalhead some of my favorites are also Pantera, Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, White Chapel, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, ect.
I have been in 2 metal bands myself I play guitar.

As for shows I will watch pretty much anything I like comedy, adventure, and romance are some of my favorite generes.
13657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 12/6/12

Scarve wrote:

Yea dude I'm into the whole metal scene, perhaps not as much conventional metal as yourself but some of my favorites are: Soilwork, Monuments, The Safety Fire, Periphery, Veil of Maya, Sybreed, Meshuggah, I'll stop there for now the list would just keep expanding, I play guitar in a UK Prog Metal band called Transitions as well.

And yea I like all the Anime's you mentioned, i.e Claymore, Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night, Clannad/After Story, Trigun, GITS, Outlaw Star, Gosick two quite new oens I've really gotten into are Muv Luv's Total Eclipse and Sword art online etc.

I agree though I've noticed the lack in metal fans that also like anime :/, I don't just like metal of course but it is one of my main Genre's.






KaddeKyoto wrote:

Im a metalhead some of my favorites are also Pantera, Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, White Chapel, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, ect.
I have been in 2 metal bands myself I play guitar.

As for shows I will watch pretty much anything I like comedy, adventure, and romance are some of my favorite generes.


Nice to know there are a few of us people out there Awesome
5432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gothenburg, Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/6/12 , edited 12/6/12

Scarve wrote:

Yea dude I'm into the whole metal scene, perhaps not as much conventional metal as yourself but some of my favorites are: Soilwork, Monuments, The Safety Fire, Periphery, Veil of Maya, Sybreed, Meshuggah, I'll stop there for now the list would just keep expanding, I play guitar in a UK Prog Metal band called Transitions as well.

And yea I like all the Anime's you mentioned, i.e Claymore, Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night, Clannad/After Story, Trigun, GITS, Outlaw Star, Gosick two quite new oens I've really gotten into are Muv Luv's Total Eclipse and Sword art online etc.

I agree though I've noticed the lack in metal fans that also like anime :/, I don't just like metal of course but it is one of my main Genre's.



Hi!
I listen to alot of progressive metal and instrumental djent (read Chimp Spanner) as well as some death and black metal.
I also play drums and do backup vocals in a progressive metal band, Eta Carinae. Aside from EtaC I also play in two other bands, Panorama and Chugger.
My favourite animes are the following Michiko to Hatchin, Mushi Shi, Tokyo 8.0, Kino's Journey, Denno Coil, Now and then Here and there, Texhnolyze, Arakawa under the Bridge, Nichijou, Eve no Jikan, Eden of the East, Welcome to the N.H.K, FLAG.
I don't know about you guys but I've been very disappointed by the new anime-titles recently...
Sharb8 
20627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

KillerZEK87 wrote:

I feel as if they are not really out there or I just can't find them. I love Pantera, Slipknot, The Agony Scene, Suicide Silence, White Chapel, Job for a Cowboy, etc. And just about anything heavy.

Are there any metal lovers of anime out there? And what genre of Anime is your favorite? I like anything from Cowboy Bebop to Clannad: After Story. I'm a mixed bag.


Of course!!!

I listen to
The Black Daliah Murder
Suicide Silence
Unearth
Dethklok
All That Remains
Fintroll
Amon Amarth
Hammerfall
Rhapsody
Rhapsody of Fire
Norther
Wintersun
All Shall Perish
Graveworm
Nile
Kataklysm
As Blood Runs Black
As I Lay Dying

AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!! lol



I even been to 2 shows this year.
The first one was in Los Angeles, Ca at the House of Blues - Watched the Black Daliah Murder, Nile, and Katyklysm (I think they were there, dont remember lol )
Last month on the 27th I watch the Black Daliah Murder, All That Remains and Dethklok play :DDD and this one also took place in LA but at the Hollywood Palladium
5432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gothenburg, Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Sharb8 wrote:

The first one was in Los Angeles, Ca at the House of Blues - Watched the Black Daliah Murder, Nile, and Katyklysm (I think they were there, dont remember lol )


Sweet! How was Nile on stage? They are playing here in Gothenburg next week together with Morbid Angel and Kreator =D
Sharb8 
20627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
To tell you the truth, I don't remember. That day of the show was the first time I herd of Nile.
They must of been pretty good since I ended up buying the album there.
Only reason I went to that show was to wach the Black Daliah Murder play.

The other cool thing is after Nile finished playing, they came down and join in the pit!

Since Kreator and Morbid Angel is also playing, you should go. lol
5432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gothenburg, Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Sharb8 wrote:


The other cool thing is after Nile finished playing, they came down and join in the pit!

Since Kreator and Morbid Angel is also playing, you should go. lol


Haha, that's pretty cool!

Oh you know I will! I just wish that Marko Minnemann played with them. He's one of my favourite drummers =)
Sharb8 
20627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/10/12

Pergamaster wrote:


Sharb8 wrote:


The other cool thing is after Nile finished playing, they came down and join in the pit!

Since Kreator and Morbid Angel is also playing, you should go. lol


Haha, that's pretty cool!

Oh you know I will! I just wish that Marko Minnemann played with them. He's one of my favourite drummers =)



let me know how it goes! Kreator was suppose to play this year her in LA, I think they already did I missed it :/
5249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
I love metal. My preferences are pretty broad..... Opeth, Meshuggah, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Be'lakor, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Deicide, Children of Bodom, and Whitechapel, among a fair few others.

As for anime, I don't really have a favourite genre. I can watch (and enjoy) most things, really.
1042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Of course! I'm a metal head, particularly a nu-metal head.
-40 Below Summer
-Atomship
-korn
-Nothingface
-slipknot
-old linkin park

I also mainly like anime from 90's through early 2000's. Spiral, Evangelion, FMA, Fruits Basket, Cowboy Bebop too
5432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gothenburg, Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Here's a cool song for ya'll! =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQwhuMKJPRE
15073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Lake Elsinore, CA
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Gonna see 'The Sword' tomorrow! Rock is my favorite music, although I'm not much of a metal head anymore I still wear my T-shirts with bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, I own about 30 shirts! Now a days I'm into the Stoner Rock like 'Clutch' and 'The Sword'
I also enjoy some Indie stuff...

My favorite animes are mostly the really awesome, sci-fi, trippy ones...
Ghost in the Shell, Fist of the North Star, FLCL, Eva, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, this can go on forever... Peace.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.