First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Your brain is a quantum computer.
desh92 
23322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ringgold, Georgia
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

wyrvan wrote:

This raises some interesting questions. Is telepathy and precognition possible as a form of quantum commuication? Is the human brain just a collection of cells or does it extend into a nonphysical constuct at the quantum level? When quantam computers are created, can a human mind be downloaded into it? If the soul exists, is it a quantam construct or effect? This just scrathes the surface of possiblites. something to think about.


^ download your brain into a cyborg body like ghost in the shell o.O that'd be crazy. Maybe not even fully download it. Maybe telling the computer to control a fake body with your mind through this communication.
37266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/12 , edited 12/6/12

seekerperson7 wrote:

You know, since i started taking introduction to modern physics, this kind of thing sounds 10x more confusing because its combining stuff i don't understand very well with other stuff that I do understand. If you could answer these questions, I would be most appreciative, as i actually think it may help me better understand my physics class.

Grasping the nature of the wavefunction itself is hard enough, but now there's evidence of macroscopic quantum systems? I was under the impression that decoherence prevented this. Actually, did we ever even find out what decoherence really is or how it occurs? Have we solved the measurement problem already? Are we sure that the Copenhagen interpretation is the correct one and not the many worlds interpretation or the many minds interpretation? Doesn't quantum mechanics kind of "dissolve" into classical mechanics for macroscopic systems? I don't know that much about it, but if it didn't, i'm under the impression that the world would be much weirder than it is.

Quantum physics is so confusing. I'll stick with the classical stuff until my math reaches a higher level lol.


It's confusing for Math majors too. But when it finally does start to come together, it can feel pretty awesome. To answer most of your questions, I will just say that in science, no theory should be taken for truth. The best theories are simply the ones that have stood up to experimentation. Very little is actually "proof" (which is why I love Mathematics so much -- it's dependent on proof). There is a lot of doubt among scientists, especially in modern physics, about how much of theory is actually accurate, and to say that we are "sure the Copenhagen interpretation is the correct one" is to misunderstand the meaning of being "sure" about something. If you haven't already, you might want to discuss this on some Physics forums, they would be better able to answer your questions, and in more detail too. It really is an interesting topic, but to be honest, I only took Modern Physics for fun last year (it's not required in Math), and I am not confident enough to answer those questions in detail.

Edit: As for the topic -- It would be awesome if that turned out to be true. Hopefully, I live long enough to explore the issue in detail, but for now, I'll just wonder at the possibilities.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

desh92 wrote:


wyrvan wrote:

This raises some interesting questions. Is telepathy and precognition possible as a form of quantum commuication? Is the human brain just a collection of cells or does it extend into a nonphysical constuct at the quantum level? When quantam computers are created, can a human mind be downloaded into it? If the soul exists, is it a quantam construct or effect? This just scrathes the surface of possiblites. something to think about.


^ download your brain into a cyborg body like ghost in the shell o.O that'd be crazy. Maybe not even fully download it. Maybe telling the computer to control a fake body with your mind through this communication.


Actually, an organic body has the potential to be superior to any type of machine body. Going to a machine body is a downgrade, in my opinion.

Posted 12/6/12
my brain is more like a 386
notjzr 
38366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

-Vega- wrote:


Actually, an organic body has the potential to be superior to any type of machine body. Going to a machine body is a downgrade, in my opinion.



This is true....I actually appreciate the ability to adapt to a given situation...or in our case even one up that and adapt our situation to fit us.
notjzr 
38366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
Honestly I don't know anything about the topic.....

But to say we have unlimited potential.... that is a good place to start.
18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
Your brain is 3lbs of flesh that is able to comprehend it's own existence!! total mindph^k!


You know like how scientists say we only use 10% or so of our brainpower? I wonder if the other 90% is like magic stuff (throwing fireballs and telekinesis).
59936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 12/6/12
Sorry, but I call BS. I haven't seen any evidence or research that indicates the mind uses quantum entanglement to communicate with the rest of your body. If that was the case, you could sever your arms and legs and still control them through entanglement. Most of the article "sounds" good, but I think that's all it is.
Lexxuk 
54207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

JayVeeDees wrote:

Guys, we are all AI's. Now that's an idea!

But yeah I love these type of paradox/facts/theory's Like the "cat in the box" theory, which claims that it's our conscious that controls the world, how it works, or so to say.

Btw: Did you just copy and paste it from that other site xD?


The cat in the box is an example of a quantum state, the cat is both alive and dead at the same time, you put the cat in the box, the cat will die at an unspecified time but you will not be aware that the cat is dead until you open the box and see a dead cat. So as long as the cat is in the box it's both dead and alive.

Although, anyone who says they fully understand quantum mechanics is an idiot.
21524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 12/6/12
As long as I can play SAO in the quantum computer on max graphics with a vr helmet

It be like lucid dreaming, but cooler
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/6/12 , edited 12/6/12

deadpanditto wrote:

Sorry, but I call BS. I haven't seen any evidence or research that indicates the mind uses quantum entanglement to communicate with the rest of your body. If that was the case, you could sever your arms and legs and still control them through entanglement. Most of the article "sounds" good, but I think that's all it is.


Did you you know that all things in the universe are connected? Before the Big Bang, all matter in the universe was once one mega particle hence all things in existence are already entangled. Wake up.

25681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

-Vega- wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:

Guys, we are all AI's. Now that's an idea!

But yeah I love these type of paradox/facts/theory's Like the "cat in the box" theory, which claims that it's our conscious that controls the world, how it works, or so to say.

Btw: Did you just copy and paste it from that other site xD?


Yes, I copy and pasted the article and the source of the article is at the bottom.

The bold part: That is true. I don't believe that to be a theory anymore. That theory implies that we are all God/Gods creating the Universe.


Not actually gods, cause those don't exist >;)


Well, what are we? Creators?



We are the makers
25681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

Lexxuk wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:

Guys, we are all AI's. Now that's an idea!

But yeah I love these type of paradox/facts/theory's Like the "cat in the box" theory, which claims that it's our conscious that controls the world, how it works, or so to say.

Btw: Did you just copy and paste it from that other site xD?


The cat in the box is an example of a quantum state, the cat is both alive and dead at the same time, you put the cat in the box, the cat will die at an unspecified time but you will not be aware that the cat is dead until you open the box and see a dead cat. So as long as the cat is in the box it's both dead and alive.

Although, anyone who says they fully understand quantum mechanics is an idiot.


Yeah exactly :D

And about the last part, that's true, we won't know for many decades to come It's too complicated and plus we can't even see them,
But I love it I'm totally a physics geek *even though I am not really that great at it, but I love it:)*
59936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 12/6/12

-Vega- wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:

Sorry, but I call BS. I haven't seen any evidence or research that indicates the mind uses quantum entanglement to communicate with the rest of your body. If that was the case, you could sever your arms and legs and still control them through entanglement. Most of the article "sounds" good, but I think that's all it is.


Did you you know that all things in the universe are connected? Before the Big Bang, all matter in the universe was once one mega particle hence all things in existence are already entangled. Wake up.



That is not the same thing as quantum entanglement. Go learn what it really is and means before you start applying a mystical connection between everything.
9616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
I've always thought of a computer as a human attempt to re-create a brain. Just because of how a computer works. Granted, a computer these days is like a genius in a vegetative state.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.