First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply An anime that you had high hopes for but turned out to be your most hated anime.
1860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
Definitely SAO, it's not my most hated anime, it's my most hated story, which includes anything from Japan, America, etc. It ranges from bad to sometimes just plain disgusting and manipulative scenes.
14597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lavender town
Online
Posted 6/28/13
Oreimo and SAO were lacking i think. I really wanted an Ayase ending and the characters in SAO are bland. im mad bruh
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / New England
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
First I'll go with the more than obvious SAO complaint that's been said over and over again.

Second would be Bleach. I honestly liked it in the beginning, but dat filler made me drop that show out of pure spite.

third would be Rosario Vampire. Now this seems pretty odd, but it has a reason to be here. The manga for Rosario Vampire, especially season 2, is amazing, has plot that isn't "plot" (fanservice), and the main character isn't whiny and useless. I can't emphasize this one enough. The anime was just this awful fanservice and ecchi piece of unintelligible garbage that has none of the positve aspect of the manga anywhere in it. It's truly sad.

Fourth would be the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya. The endless 8 crap was such a ridiculous joke and I watched maybe 2-3 of them before skipping to the last one.

Last, but not least is Gosick, Now part of my dislike for the show comes from my friend hyping it up so much, but the rest comes from the show just being bad in my opinion. It had awful pacing, and equally awful story telling.
11082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
Definitely Sword Art Online. It started out good then sort of went downhill, but it still managed to stay in the "not bad" rating until the second arc. Then it turned outright terrible real fast.
11072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Guilty Crown,

It started with an amazing opening with jaw dropping animation and beautiful music by Supercell..... and then five minutes into the show the main character talks about his "problems" and I already had a bad feeling in my gut. The show honestly felt like the writers were playing hot potato with the script or something.
25342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

drakedogma wrote:

Definitely SAO, it's not my most hated anime, it's my most hated story, which includes anything from Japan, America, etc. It ranges from bad to sometimes just plain disgusting and manipulative scenes.


If by manipulative, you mean scenes that are meant to toy with your emotions and feeling about the characters, isn't that what all shows are trying to do? Manipulate your emotions, thoughts, etc. in a certain direction? Or maybe you mean something different...
1429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Mirkwood Forest
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
blue dragon
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

drakedogma wrote:


Stewker wrote:

Guilty Crown.

While the show isn't my most hated by any stretch of the imagination, it was a let down for me. I had heard how it's such a good show and I had pretty high hopes. I struggled through it, and it did get better near the end, but it took so long for the main character to get any sort of back bone, excluding some very rare moments, that it was driving me up a wall.


k11keeper wrote:

it's funny how a few months can shift the opinions of the masses so drastically. When it was new and episodes were going out each week people were raving about SAO and now everyone seems to hate it. I guess I was in the majority and now I'm in the minority because I still love it.

Do you think this will happen with attack on titan? Everyone is ranting and raving about how great it is will we all hate it in a few months?


You aren't in the minority, the haters are a vocal minority. A very small fraction of people that watch anime ever use forums to discuss them. The fact that it's still among the most popular shows on CR half a year after it aired, just goes to show you that people still love to watch it and and/or it continues to draw in new viewers. I think the haters are just frustrated that a show that they see as being mediocre is still so popular and they feel the need to vent.


Popularity does not mean quality. Twilight gets alot of fans, you think that makes it good too? The "haters" just don't like a show that's terribly written with disgustingly bad characters and horrible character development. You want to know why SAO is popular? Because it appeals to the lowest common denominator, Anime has devolved from plot to cheesy romance BS, people care about Romance more than they care about Plot, Almost every Bleach and Fairy Tail video has high rated comments saying "Nalu or Ichiruki" People don't care about quality, and so SAO appeals to that, without the romance in SAO, the show would have been nothing, because it was mostly the main focus, not the non-existent plot. Popularity does not mean quality


That Sword Art Online is defined by any of the interesting characteristics you named is called an opinion.

There's always one bonehead in every thread who has to come forth and enlighten everyone as to how popularity isn't equivalent to quality therefore hate on X show is justified because what is being said must be true.

Yes...we can see that there's a difference between the popular opinion...and your opinion. One of those opinions brings in the money and I can guarantee you it isn't yours.

It's always Twilight too. I don't think many would describe Twilight as a masterpiece but you honestly have to consider what Twilight was going for...a pants novel that the reader (in most cases female, that was the target audience) can put herself in the shoes of the protagonist. Twilight is written with this in mind, so while of course it's no "The Giver" it accomplished exactly what it set out to do, and achieved precisely the effect with its readers it aimed to create.

If you're going to bastardize popular opinion as being un-important, and hold yourself in higher regard than the majority as a critic for who can decide what is good and what isn't...what's really even the point of trying to pass your opinion off as fact? What is this "lowest common denominator"? What makes you better? Because you hate SAO?
1860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

zipzo wrote:


drakedogma wrote:


Stewker wrote:

Guilty Crown.

While the show isn't my most hated by any stretch of the imagination, it was a let down for me. I had heard how it's such a good show and I had pretty high hopes. I struggled through it, and it did get better near the end, but it took so long for the main character to get any sort of back bone, excluding some very rare moments, that it was driving me up a wall.


k11keeper wrote:

it's funny how a few months can shift the opinions of the masses so drastically. When it was new and episodes were going out each week people were raving about SAO and now everyone seems to hate it. I guess I was in the majority and now I'm in the minority because I still love it.

Do you think this will happen with attack on titan? Everyone is ranting and raving about how great it is will we all hate it in a few months?


You aren't in the minority, the haters are a vocal minority. A very small fraction of people that watch anime ever use forums to discuss them. The fact that it's still among the most popular shows on CR half a year after it aired, just goes to show you that people still love to watch it and and/or it continues to draw in new viewers. I think the haters are just frustrated that a show that they see as being mediocre is still so popular and they feel the need to vent.


Popularity does not mean quality. Twilight gets alot of fans, you think that makes it good too? The "haters" just don't like a show that's terribly written with disgustingly bad characters and horrible character development. You want to know why SAO is popular? Because it appeals to the lowest common denominator, Anime has devolved from plot to cheesy romance BS, people care about Romance more than they care about Plot, Almost every Bleach and Fairy Tail video has high rated comments saying "Nalu or Ichiruki" People don't care about quality, and so SAO appeals to that, without the romance in SAO, the show would have been nothing, because it was mostly the main focus, not the non-existent plot. Popularity does not mean quality


That Sword Art Online is defined by any of the interesting characteristics you named is called an opinion.

There's always one bonehead in every thread who has to come forth and enlighten everyone as to how popularity isn't equivalent to quality therefore hate on X show is justified because what is being said must be true.

Yes...we can see that there's a difference between the popular opinion...and your opinion. One of those opinions brings in the money and I can guarantee you it isn't yours.

It's always Twilight too. I don't think many would describe Twilight as a masterpiece but you honestly have to consider what Twilight was going for...a pants novel that the reader (in most cases female, that was the target audience) can put herself in the shoes of the protagonist. Twilight is written with this in mind, so while of course it's no "The Giver" it accomplished exactly what it set out to do, and achieved precisely the effect with its readers it aimed to create.

If you're going to bastardize popular opinion as being un-important, and hold yourself in higher regard than the majority as a critic for who can decide what is good and what isn't...what's really even the point of trying to pass your opinion off as fact? What is this "lowest common denominator"? What makes you better? Because you hate SAO?


When I see a rock, it's a rock, you can go on and on about how that's perception, but sometimes a rock is just a rock. There's always one bonehead in every thread who thinks EVERYTHING in existence is just an opinion but that's BS, sometimes lazy writing is lazy writing and that's simply a fact, you can invoke "opinions" all you want, but one of these days, we will have to separate absolute fact from opinions. I have a very good reason why I call SAO what it is too, I just didn't want to type it all out.
23559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

drakedogma wrote:


When I see a rock, it's a rock, you can go on and on about how that's perception, but sometimes a rock is just a rock. There's always one bonehead in every thread who thinks EVERYTHING in existence is just an opinion but that's BS, sometimes lazy writing is lazy writing and that's simply a fact, you can invoke "opinions" all you want, but one of these days, we will have to separate absolute fact from opinions. I have a very good reason why I call SAO what it is too, I just didn't want to type it all out.


"Meanings lie in people, not words." What you say is a rock, could be a pebble to someone larger than you, or a boulder to someone much much smaller then you.

Unfortunately, anything we as individuals say is generally opinion, unless we're citing something that has been either published and "peer reviewed" and proven to be true by numerous other researchers attempting to prove it right/wrong.
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
I would say.. Reborn!
It got old prety fast. To be fair, I don't really hate it.
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
I don't hate it, but Sword Art Online greatly disappointed me. I expected it to have a gripping, great plot and play the feeling of fear well.. but not even that disappointed me the most. It was the characters, because they didn't really have much depth whatsoever and were pretty boring in my opinion.

That's how I see it, though. Can't lie; I did love watching the first arc when it was airing. But when the second arc came, that's when I struggled to watch it. I was banging my head against the keyboard at the tentacle scene..

Uraboku as well. With it's animation and artstyle, I was thinking it'd be probably one of the only anime with gay romance between two boys in it to look so good (besides NO.6).. But then I began hoping for a good plot too. And in the end, I only watched two episodes. It was much too cheesy in my opinion, but very pretty to look at.

Angel Beats also. SPOILERS I thought it was going to be great, but honestly I just felt as if everything just dragged on and on... and I never liked Yui either, always wanted to kick her for how she treated Noda, the blue-haired guy. What I especially didn't like was how the relationships ended- Otonashi and Angel made a very boring couple, and I thought him and Yuri would've ended up far better. Yui and Noda didn't spark anything for me, and I felt like all the relationships were really rushed and jumped from friendships to love in a few days.. The romance was cheesy too, in which Yui wanted to get married and randomly Noda said that he'd marry her. I just didn't really like it. It seemed great but ended up not so great.

Mirai Nikki- This show wasn't terrible, but wasn't all that great. The first episode I was super excited, and the few after that I was too, but then afterwards I just found it kind of.. boring. The blood and gore was cool and exciting. Also, the romance was pretty bland and boring. But it wasn't horrible, just.. meh. Not what I had hoped it'd be.
23180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
I guess i'm the only one here that liked SAO. But my pick would have to be Fairy Tail. The story started to be so predictable. I'm still reading the manga though.
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

twin1234 wrote:

I guess i'm the only one here that liked SAO. But my pick would have to be Fairy Tail. The story started to be so predictable. I'm still reading the manga though.


Not the only one. I enjoyed it, but it disappointed me. It was fun to watch regardless, though.
1860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Also I don't know if this counts, but Season 2 of Oreimo, this is difficult because I hate the season rather than the show. The first season was brilliant, clever, satirical, smart, emotional, gripping, cheerful, and analytic. I loved the show to death, but season 2 was a massive load of let down, it was barely anything, it was more of a continuation of character lives rather than actually having a plot this time
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.