Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Washington state's two new laws
34217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 12/7/12
About the pot law. I don't care as long as smokers keep it to themselves. I no longer have to tolerate working in small offices with chain smokers. I want those same kinds of protections to continue.


Some background information for what it's worth. Washington had the Domestic Partnership Registration prior to the new law. It provided many rights except the recognition of marriage. (Seattle has had it since 1994.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_partnership_in_Washington_state

The new law gives the last piece of legal acknowledgement to people who have already had most of the rights and responsibilities available to them. It provides legal recognition of the state of marriage as opposed to a registered partnership. Religious groups are still allowed to refuse to perform or acknowledge same-sex marriages according to their faith's tenets.

It caught my attention that of some 9K plus registrations only about 900 had been dissolved. That's less than the divorce rate.
41329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 12/7/12

theYchromosome wrote:


querkle wrote:

Nothing wrong with a natural plant.


I agree with you that there's not really any good reason to make pot illegal, but I absolutely hate the above statement. Go smoke some nightshade and tell me there's nothing wrong with a natural plant -- one of the most infuriating arguments I've heard. "It's natural, so it can't be bad!" Bullshit. "Natural" poisons exist too, dude. People have the strangest leaps in logic sometimes. Of all the legitimate reasons to make pot legal, it bothers me to no end that people hang on to the shitty ones. Anyway, I'm glad it's starting to get legal.


I know quite well about nightshade it's used in a prescription medicine i have taken on a daily basis for over a year. While I understand your argument the law isn't to support recreational use of poisonous plants. Its to support a plant that's been used for 1000's of years and outlawed for less than a century.
34092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/12 , edited 12/7/12

querkle wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:


querkle wrote:

Nothing wrong with a natural plant.


I agree with you that there's not really any good reason to make pot illegal, but I absolutely hate the above statement. Go smoke some nightshade and tell me there's nothing wrong with a natural plant -- one of the most infuriating arguments I've heard. "It's natural, so it can't be bad!" Bullshit. "Natural" poisons exist too, dude. People have the strangest leaps in logic sometimes. Of all the legitimate reasons to make pot legal, it bothers me to no end that people hang on to the shitty ones. Anyway, I'm glad it's starting to get legal.


I know quite well about nightshade it's used in a prescription medicine i have taken on a daily basis for over a year. While I understand your argument the law isn't to support recreational use of poisonous plants. Its to support a plant that's been used for 1000's of years and outlawed for less than a century.


I understand that marijuana is not poisonous. What I don't understand is the claim that "there's nothing wrong with a natural plant." The fact that marijuana isn't poisonous has nothing to do with the fact that it's a plant. There are many poisonous "natural plants" in existence, and to say that there's nothing wrong with them is not true by any standard of the word. As for the nightshade, I can say with pretty good confidence that even if parts are used in prescription, intaking it is extremely toxic. I have no problems with the fact that marijuana is not poisonous, has been used for medicine, and has been used for 1000's of years. That's all irrelevant to the argument, but since you decided (for whatever reason) to bring it up, I will at least respond by saying that I agree. You haven't explained though, why anything that's a natural plant cannot be bad for you. Even if nightshade is used in prescription, that means it may have some "good" things about it, but the fact remains that it's still poisonous naturally. In fact, saying that it's used in prescription means that the prescription is not natural, which means that the prescription nightshade is irrelevant to your point. All you need to do is explain how nothing bad can come from plants. Not marijuana, plants. The claim that marijuana is not poisonous is legitimate. The claim that plants are not poisonous, and therefore marijuana is not poisonous, because marijuana is a plant, is not legitimate. Do you see my point?
rconiv 
14238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I had no issue with either of them, which is why I voted for both of them.
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
you only need to have faith in Jesus Christ to be saved....

Ephesians 2

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

your not saved by bapitism,good works,etc....the worst criminal,murder can still go to heaven through Christ Jesus.

John 3

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

when you see the word believe in the bible epsecially when it's refeering to the messiah...you can also look at the word believe to mean trust.










http://www.wordoftruth.net/component/content/article/234.html
41329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 12/10/12 , edited 12/10/12

theYchromosome wrote:


querkle wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:


querkle wrote:

Nothing wrong with a natural plant.


I agree with you that there's not really any good reason to make pot illegal, but I absolutely hate the above statement. Go smoke some nightshade and tell me there's nothing wrong with a natural plant -- one of the most infuriating arguments I've heard. "It's natural, so it can't be bad!" Bullshit. "Natural" poisons exist too, dude. People have the strangest leaps in logic sometimes. Of all the legitimate reasons to make pot legal, it bothers me to no end that people hang on to the shitty ones. Anyway, I'm glad it's starting to get legal.


I know quite well about nightshade it's used in a prescription medicine i have taken on a daily basis for over a year. While I understand your argument the law isn't to support recreational use of poisonous plants. Its to support a plant that's been used for 1000's of years and outlawed for less than a century.


I understand that marijuana is not poisonous. What I don't understand is the claim that "there's nothing wrong with a natural plant." The fact that marijuana isn't poisonous has nothing to do with the fact that it's a plant. There are many poisonous "natural plants" in existence, and to say that there's nothing wrong with them is not true by any standard of the word. As for the nightshade, I can say with pretty good confidence that even if parts are used in prescription, intaking it is extremely toxic. I have no problems with the fact that marijuana is not poisonous, has been used for medicine, and has been used for 1000's of years. That's all irrelevant to the argument, but since you decided (for whatever reason) to bring it up, I will at least respond by saying that I agree. You haven't explained though, why anything that's a natural plant cannot be bad for you. Even if nightshade is used in prescription, that means it may have some "good" things about it, but the fact remains that it's still poisonous naturally. In fact, saying that it's used in prescription means that the prescription is not natural, which means that the prescription nightshade is irrelevant to your point. All you need to do is explain how nothing bad can come from plants. Not marijuana, plants. The claim that marijuana is not poisonous is legitimate. The claim that plants are not poisonous, and therefore marijuana is not poisonous, because marijuana is a plant, is not legitimate. Do you see my point?


That argument was born to appease the christian saying of everything god gave us is for our use. Its just general propaganda speech that i slipped in because the people purely against this are generally rather religious. Marijuana being illegal in the US actually makes more than just making the herb drug harder to get though. It bans production of lots of other products oil, rope, paper, medicine lots of things can be made from the plant. But back to the point, I know lots of plants can harm you i grew up playing outdoors in the woods, but if nightshade was illegal would it have been as easily studied to make medicines from? Hemp was a major cash crop, when this country was young that's why in some areas you can find it growing wild. It was made illegal right before it could be studied. Sorry don't click on the forums part less im real bored. Think that should answer your question.

Edit: and no im not saying it was made illegal before it could be studied is some conspiracy. But if you want to know more you can always look up things like The Union: The Business Behind Getting High on netflix.
41329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 12/10/12
and ^ lol at post above mine
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
actually can every single tragedy in past several hundred years can be linked to them. every single one of our presidents except two I think were freemasons,or illuminati.all of the presidents that died in office,or that were assassinated decided to stop believeing in satan's lies. satan's going to come this world after a great tragedy,and many are going to worship him. don't accept his mark of the beast which is 666.it's a mark on the right hand or forehead...basically I wouldn't accept any mark on my body. when jesus comes back it's going to be obvious read matthew 24
Banned
31582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 12/12/12 , edited 12/12/12

keelo wrote:

actually can every single tragedy in past several hundred years can be linked to them. every single one of our presidents except two I think were freemasons,or illuminati.all of the presidents that died in office,or that were assassinated decided to stop believeing in satan's lies. satan's going to come this world after a great tragedy,and many are going to worship him. don't accept his mark of the beast which is 666.it's a mark on the right hand or forehead...basically I wouldn't accept any mark on my body. when jesus comes back it's going to be obvious read matthew 24


Jesus is coming. I'm serious. We have been ruled by Satan for the past 5,000 years. All evil in Earth's history has been instigated by The Fallen Ones.

806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
No one move yet!! We need all fair minded people to stay where they are and help continue the fight!! If we all move to WA, or CO, we'll be leaving the rest of the world without people to fight for what's right in places of oppression.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.