First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Pretend to like someone?
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I wouldn't recommend it.

Playing with someone's heart to put up a front that you've found someone special, so that you can manipulate and provoke jealousy in the person you really like is just...being a cowardly bitch.

Whether it's men or women who do it.
38294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

evenstar95 wrote:

So in turn you can potentially break someone else's heart? The situation isn't complex, rather you're complicating it by being selfish and irrational. I'll say go for it so you can come back with an emo thread about hating men, which I'll laugh at.


^^Couldn't have said it better



Haha, Miriam gives excellent advice.
15027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12
never play with someone's feelings
809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Way outside the box
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12
ok I feel bad cuz I've done this under like one different circumstance but anyways no its really bad and it backfires even worse I learned it that the hard way Luckily I was the one who got hurt the worse and everybody else walked away clean
1643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Boston Mass
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
Yea its perfectly ok, its called rebounding.. then when your emotions are ok again and you break up with that person and if they are heartbroken they can do the same thing and it just continues from there... its like a endless cycle.

I don't see what the big deal is
71237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

lieutenanthawkeye wrote:

Is it okay to pretend to like someone just to cover up your broken heart and to make the person that you truly love think that you had found someone, which is not true?

complex.!


Would you like someone to do that to you? Not complex at all.
23563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

ChickenAndBeer wrote:

Yea its perfectly ok, its called rebounding.. then when your emotions are ok again and you break up with that person and if they are heartbroken they can do the same thing and it just continues from there... its like a endless cycle.

I don't see what the big deal is


Aside from it being a cycle of pain, and it starts with a choice that doesn't need to happen? Being used by others is one of the reasons a lot of people have trust issues, and it can really fuck with their ability to have trusting, healthy relationships later on. So how the hell is that perfectly ok?
27351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I don't think I would do that, I would do something pathetic, but I wouldn't do that xD

But what you should do is, just to come clean, its the best thing you can do, it lifts the heavy burden, you might cry or get really hurt by the answer, but in the end it will work out, because you found out the answer. Never lie to yourself, be a little selfish in life, it's like all those anime series that have that one good friend that helps the other friend get together with the same love interest as they both have, that's not right.. The first friend should be more selfish, I don't care about what anyone says about *well she/he tried to help her friend to be a good friend* That's just stupid, if they both say that they confess their feelings for the other person while they are together, it should go either way, acceptance or war -.- If the war part happens.. Well then the other person isn't a *good friend*

I just think it's stupid that you would try to ruin yourself for another person's gain (Sure if talking big here, saving millions for one person that wouldn't be bad in the eye's of a spectator, but I mean imagine if you are the one person. Sure many would probably do it because of it's a good deed, but it's still cruel to the one person)
31067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

Spazticus wrote:

No, it's not okay. You're just using the other person, if there's someone playing along with it, and setting yourself up for more embarrassment if the truth is revealed. Also, if there is someone else involved, it's possible for them to actually fall for you, complicating matters further.

Don't be the kind of person who plays those sorts of games. Leave it up to the experts (in this case, the ones who only exist in fiction.)


+1
Aimyay 
22452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I've been on the ass end of that situation once.

I called it out and left her to herself. I don't think she's ever made eye contact with me since.
2531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
There's nothing complex about it. Don't lie to yourself or to this other person you're pretending to like. Nothing good will come out of it. ~___~
18774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
Generally speaking, I don't think there's anything necessarily "immoral" about pretending to like someone.
However the situation you describe sounds rather pathetic. Like your trying to make a complex puzzle out of a simple issue. If you're heartbroken, surround yourself around people who care, don't fake feelings in a petty attempt at causing he who broke your heart jealousy. I mean, honestly, is messing with another's feelings really the best choice when you yourself are suffering?
Of course, I couldn't tell you it's either "right" or "wrong", just that your situation seems silly and I personally feel it's not the best choice.
1643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Boston Mass
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

Spazticus wrote:


ChickenAndBeer wrote:

Yea its perfectly ok, its called rebounding.. then when your emotions are ok again and you break up with that person and if they are heartbroken they can do the same thing and it just continues from there... its like a endless cycle.

I don't see what the big deal is


Aside from it being a cycle of pain, and it starts with a choice that doesn't need to happen? Being used by others is one of the reasons a lot of people have trust issues, and it can really fuck with their ability to have trusting, healthy relationships later on. So how the hell is that perfectly ok?


Thats the way i feel.. no reason to get all butt hurt about it.. relax
23563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

ChickenAndBeer wrote:


Spazticus wrote:


ChickenAndBeer wrote:

Yea its perfectly ok, its called rebounding.. then when your emotions are ok again and you break up with that person and if they are heartbroken they can do the same thing and it just continues from there... its like a endless cycle.

I don't see what the big deal is


Aside from it being a cycle of pain, and it starts with a choice that doesn't need to happen? Being used by others is one of the reasons a lot of people have trust issues, and it can really fuck with their ability to have trusting, healthy relationships later on. So how the hell is that perfectly ok?


Thats the way i feel.. no reason to get all butt hurt about it.. relax


Bear in mind, you also posted this:


i have trust issues in the first place because of some shit that has happened to me with past girl friends.


I'm not assuming this sort of thing happened to you, but it's shitty when it happens to anyone. Relationships would be a hell of a lot easier if people would stop playing mind games and using people.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 12/9/12



Relationships would be a hell of a lot easier if people would stop playing mind games and using people


Amen to that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.