Accel World vs Sword Art Online
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/8/12


Both light novels were made by Reki Kawahara and have been adapted into anime
Accel World with 24 eps, Sword Art Online with 25 eps
And both series revolves around the virtual reality concept

Now what I want to know is what every one thinks about:

Who has -

- The best/worst plot?
- The best/worst main character(s)?
- The best/worst cast of characters?
- The best/worst battles?
- The best/worst animation?
- The best/worst music?
- The best/worst twists?
- The best/worst emotional moments?
etc etc

You get the idea, so don't just reply with "SAO is better!" and nothing else or "Accel World is better" without explaining what it is better for
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I don't know if it was the hulu ads, or if I just didn't like it. But I couldn't get past the first episode of Accel World. It was only a few weeks ago that I tried...but all I remember is something about a bullied pig boy who likes badminton or something.

Meh. I'll give it another try later on I guess.
76468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12
You guys know its written by the same writer right?

Accel World is suppose to be many years after SAO is.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

iashakezula wrote:

You guys know its written by the same writer right?

Accel World is suppose to be after many years after SAO is.


yes I pointed it out in my post that the author is the same (the very first post)
its not the same story though
I don't see the problem here, its a comparison between the two
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
versus threads are generally not allowed on CR due to the limited amount of discussion it generates
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

uhohimdead wrote:

versus threads are generally not allowed on CR due to the limited amount of discussion it generates


whoops, ok, didn't know that

alright mods, close down this thread, we are done here!
104075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 12/8/12
versus threads create many discussion topic especially ones done by the same author

you can compare lots of stuff personally i don't think it is going to close

so reserved i'm studying anatomy and all i know is there is a lot of shit for anatomy
76468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
I dont like comparing works from the same author . Each are individual of their own especially when the plot are totally different.

But since I have more training in character development , I prefer the SAO series.


63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

AnimeKami wrote:

versus threads create many discussion topic especially ones done by the same author

you can compare lots of stuff personally i don't think it is going to close

so reserved i'm studying anatomy and all i know is there is a lot of shit for anatomy


I don't know what to believe in anymore!
I'll just wait for the mods to pass judgement then
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

Rito2Ru wrote:


iashakezula wrote:

You guys know its written by the same writer right?

Accel World is suppose to be after many years after SAO is.


yes I pointed it out in my post that the author is the same (the very first post)
its not the same story though
I don't see the problem here, its a comparison between the two


Certain things intermingle with each other is what I think he meant. Like in Accel World the NervGear from Sword Art Online appears at one point. Same author, same universe.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


iashakezula wrote:

You guys know its written by the same writer right?

Accel World is suppose to be after many years after SAO is.


yes I pointed it out in my post that the author is the same (the very first post)
its not the same story though
I don't see the problem here, its a comparison between the two


Certain things intermingle with each other is what I think he meant. Like in Accel World the NervGear from Sword Art Online appears at one point. Same author, same universe.


alright, I get what you and iashakezula are saying
spoiler...spoiler? yeah I'll spoiler tag it just in case
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/8/12 , edited 12/8/12

Rito2Ru wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


iashakezula wrote:

You guys know its written by the same writer right?

Accel World is suppose to be after many years after SAO is.


yes I pointed it out in my post that the author is the same (the very first post)
its not the same story though
I don't see the problem here, its a comparison between the two


Certain things intermingle with each other is what I think he meant. Like in Accel World the NervGear from Sword Art Online appears at one point. Same author, same universe.


alright, I get what you and iashakezula are saying
spoiler...spoiler? yeah I'll spoiler tag it just in case


Of course I agree, but I also disagree by the fact that they are by the same author. If you picked a different show (meaning different author as well) to make comparisons and differences to I think it would work out better.

107174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 12/8/12
Next time you can make this into a poll in the proper section!

Thanks.
You must be logged in to post.