First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Just finished watching Toradora
46215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Watch something that makes you emotionally depressed and void, then come back.
20056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / NV
Offline
Posted 12/11/12 , edited 12/11/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Watch something that makes you emotionally depressed and void, then come back.


I wouldn't be able to stomach it haha. I'm not saying this trying to get attention either! I have watched plenty of anime and not said anything. I just watched this series in like two days so it was very vivid in my mind for those two days.

Suggestions on what else I should watch anyone?

44018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Just watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
So far, it's almost on the same level of Toradora
46215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/11/12 , edited 12/11/12

RevenantSXE wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Watch something that makes you emotionally depressed and void, then come back.


I wouldn't be able to stomach it haha. I'm not saying this trying to get attention either! I have watched plenty of anime and not said anything. I just watched this series in like two days so it was very vivid in my mind for those two days.

Suggestions on what else I should watch anyone?



I have a list you can look at, it's on my profile but I'll also post it here. It's not a complete list though. Being me, I always suggest watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and Texhnolyze, but since you said you probably won't be able to stomach emotionally depressing shows I don't think those would be good choices for you. They are both beautiful shows despite the content. For you, I'd say Bunny Drop and 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'll put synopsizes of them for you. Note: These are only two shows of many that I'd recommend, I can always give out more.

5 Centimeters Per Second:


Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, two very close friends and classmates, are torn apart when Akari's family is transferred to another region of Japan due to her family's job. Despite separation, they continue to keep in touch through mail. When Takaki finds out that his family is also moving, he decides to meet with Akari one last time.

As years pass by, they continue down their own paths, their distance slowly growing wider and their contact with one another fades. Yet, they keep remembering one another and the times they have shared together, wondering if they will have the chance to meet once again.

Bunny Drop:

While attending his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is surprised to discover that his grandfather had an illegitimate child with an unknown mother! The rest of his family, fearing the obligation and embarrassment, want nothing to do with the silent little girl, Rin. Sensing her imminent abandonment and outraged by his complacent family members, Daikichi decides to adopt her himself! ...yet he may have underestimated the difficulty of balancing his work, family, and love life with his role as her guardian.

Neon Genesis Evangelion:

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.

Texhnolyze:

In a man-made underground society, descendants of a banished generation vie for control of the crumbling city of Lux. Ichise, an orphan turned prize fighter, loses a leg and an arm to satisfy an enraged fight promoter. On the brink of death he is taken in by a young woman doctor and used as a guinea pig for the next evolution of Texhnolyze. With his new limbs, Ichise is taken under the wing of Oonishi, a powerful leader of Organ, an organization with some hold on Lux. As Ichise is drawn deeper into a war for territorial control of the city, he learns of his possible future from the young girl prophet Ran, who guides him from the shadows in his darkest times. With the explosion of the warfare, Ichise must uncover the truth about Lux and fight for his survival as he realizes his destiny.


The List:


20056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / NV
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


RevenantSXE wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Watch something that makes you emotionally depressed and void, then come back.


I wouldn't be able to stomach it haha. I'm not saying this trying to get attention either! I have watched plenty of anime and not said anything. I just watched this series in like two days so it was very vivid in my mind for those two days.

Suggestions on what else I should watch anyone?



I have a list you can look at, it's on my profile but I'll also post it here. It's not a complete list though. Being me, I always suggest watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and Texhnolyze, but since you said you probably won't be able to stomach emotionally depressing shows I don't think those would be good choices for you. They are both beautiful shows despite the content. For you, I'd say Bunny Drop and 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'll put synopsizes of them for you. Note: These are only two shows of many that I'd recommend, I can always give out more.

5 Centimeters Per Second:


Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, two very close friends and classmates, are torn apart when Akari's family is transferred to another region of Japan due to her family's job. Despite separation, they continue to keep in touch through mail. When Takaki finds out that his family is also moving, he decides to meet with Akari one last time.

As years pass by, they continue down their own paths, their distance slowly growing wider and their contact with one another fades. Yet, they keep remembering one another and the times they have shared together, wondering if they will have the chance to meet once again.

Bunny Drop:

While attending his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is surprised to discover that his grandfather had an illegitimate child with an unknown mother! The rest of his family, fearing the obligation and embarrassment, want nothing to do with the silent little girl, Rin. Sensing her imminent abandonment and outraged by his complacent family members, Daikichi decides to adopt her himself! ...yet he may have underestimated the difficulty of balancing his work, family, and love life with his role as her guardian.

Neon Genesis Evangelion:

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.

Texhnolyze:

In a man-made underground society, descendants of a banished generation vie for control of the crumbling city of Lux. Ichise, an orphan turned prize fighter, loses a leg and an arm to satisfy an enraged fight promoter. On the brink of death he is taken in by a young woman doctor and used as a guinea pig for the next evolution of Texhnolyze. With his new limbs, Ichise is taken under the wing of Oonishi, a powerful leader of Organ, an organization with some hold on Lux. As Ichise is drawn deeper into a war for territorial control of the city, he learns of his possible future from the young girl prophet Ran, who guides him from the shadows in his darkest times. With the explosion of the warfare, Ichise must uncover the truth about Lux and fight for his survival as he realizes his destiny.


The List:




I'll give the top two a try as well! Thanks for the insight! d'-'
46215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

RevenantSXE wrote:



I'll give the top two a try as well! Thanks for the insight! d'-'


No problem man.
20056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / NV
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

Rito2Ru wrote:

Just watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
So far, it's almost on the same level of Toradora


I have been keeping up with this one as well! I love the characters a lot. Quite funny as well! d '-'
36246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/12 , edited 12/11/12

mwhitco91 wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:
Although, I do know what you mean when you say those words, I just don't really see Toradora! as a life-changing masterpiece that leaves you empty afterwards.


This quote came from someone with "Mr. Despair" as his avatar. That being said, I don't think it's even remotely possible for Toradora! to leave you with an empty feeling.

I loved Toradora, and I wished it wouldn't have ended as well, but unfortunately everything good must end (as well as everything bad, right, Zetsubou-Sensei? )


I'm not Zetsubou-Sensei! Now that I think about it though, people with prominent avatars are always judged by their avatars. The Gintama avatars are expected to be lazy and make lots of jokes. The Evangelion avatars are supposed to take things seriously and make philosophical responses. People are always being compared to the original characters in their avatars, but they can never live up to legacy of the originals. They are doomed to constantly fail in comparison to the original...



I'm in Despair!


14384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sweden, Järfälla
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
It's a great anime isn't it?
The only problem I have with it is that it was all about comedy and such in the beginning, then later in the series it changed, got all dramatic and stuff. >_<
Still one of my favorite romantic comedy's though. ^^
4413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
i share your pain

but toradora only left me sad for a little while
IT WAS ZERO NO TSUKAIMA that left me crying for a week

but toradora sparked that tsundere anime hunting stage xD
21178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Ahh Toradora that brings me way back. other than stuff like Pokemon and Yugioh, Toradora was my 1st real anime
46215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/11/12 , edited 12/11/12

Doughboy1212 wrote:

Ahh Toradora that brings me way back. other than stuff like Pokemon and Yugioh, Toradora was my 1st real anime


My first real anime was Ghost in the Shell SAC 1st Gig in 2003, when I was 8. Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek (2004) was a scary show also.... demons stalking and killing/eating children in an abandoned city filled with neon lights and ominous silence... ah... memories...
24135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


RevenantSXE wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Watch something that makes you emotionally depressed and void, then come back.


I wouldn't be able to stomach it haha. I'm not saying this trying to get attention either! I have watched plenty of anime and not said anything. I just watched this series in like two days so it was very vivid in my mind for those two days.

Suggestions on what else I should watch anyone?



I have a list you can look at, it's on my profile but I'll also post it here. It's not a complete list though. Being me, I always suggest watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and Texhnolyze, but since you said you probably won't be able to stomach emotionally depressing shows I don't think those would be good choices for you. They are both beautiful shows despite the content. For you, I'd say Bunny Drop and 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'll put synopsizes of them for you. Note: These are only two shows of many that I'd recommend, I can always give out more.

5 Centimeters Per Second:


Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, two very close friends and classmates, are torn apart when Akari's family is transferred to another region of Japan due to her family's job. Despite separation, they continue to keep in touch through mail. When Takaki finds out that his family is also moving, he decides to meet with Akari one last time.

As years pass by, they continue down their own paths, their distance slowly growing wider and their contact with one another fades. Yet, they keep remembering one another and the times they have shared together, wondering if they will have the chance to meet once again.

Bunny Drop:

While attending his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is surprised to discover that his grandfather had an illegitimate child with an unknown mother! The rest of his family, fearing the obligation and embarrassment, want nothing to do with the silent little girl, Rin. Sensing her imminent abandonment and outraged by his complacent family members, Daikichi decides to adopt her himself! ...yet he may have underestimated the difficulty of balancing his work, family, and love life with his role as her guardian.

Neon Genesis Evangelion:

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.

Texhnolyze:

In a man-made underground society, descendants of a banished generation vie for control of the crumbling city of Lux. Ichise, an orphan turned prize fighter, loses a leg and an arm to satisfy an enraged fight promoter. On the brink of death he is taken in by a young woman doctor and used as a guinea pig for the next evolution of Texhnolyze. With his new limbs, Ichise is taken under the wing of Oonishi, a powerful leader of Organ, an organization with some hold on Lux. As Ichise is drawn deeper into a war for territorial control of the city, he learns of his possible future from the young girl prophet Ran, who guides him from the shadows in his darkest times. With the explosion of the warfare, Ichise must uncover the truth about Lux and fight for his survival as he realizes his destiny.


The List:




Quite The List All genres and this coming from someone whos been watchin awhile
24135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

theYchromosome wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:
Although, I do know what you mean when you say those words, I just don't really see Toradora! as a life-changing masterpiece that leaves you empty afterwards.


This quote came from someone with "Mr. Despair" as his avatar. That being said, I don't think it's even remotely possible for Toradora! to leave you with an empty feeling.

I loved Toradora, and I wished it wouldn't have ended as well, but unfortunately everything good must end (as well as everything bad, right, Zetsubou-Sensei? )


I'm not Zetsubou-Sensei! Now that I think about it though, people with prominent avatars are always judged by their avatars. The Gintama avatars are expected to be lazy and make lots of jokes. The Evangelion avatars are supposed to take things seriously and make philosophical responses. People are always being compared to the original characters in their avatars, but they can never live up to legacy of the originals. They are doomed to constantly fail in comparison to the original...



I'm in Despair!




FLCL I could say changed my life.First I reaaly got into the underground anime. Second I have become a huge Pillows(FLCL) fan.Their music is so good and just takes you away.
16145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
I loved Toradora and missed watching it once it was over but it didn't leave much of an impression on me other than that... I sometimes will take the rest of the day off before I start a new anime if it was emotionally draining but otherwise, I jump right into the next one! I just watched kimikiss pure rouge and before that I watched angel beats on here.... I highly recommend angel beats!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.