Remove this ad
Metro 2033 for free for a few days
50747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
Just a heads up that THQ is giving away free steam codes for the full PC version of Metro 2033 for the next few days if you like their Facebook page.

Be warned, you need to have a powerful computer to play at the highest settings and get decent framerates.

Link to their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782
35326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/12 , edited 12/12/12
Or, alternatively, you can get it along with some other good games in the current Humble Bundle.
http://www.humblebundle.com/
14327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhere in CA
Offline
Posted 12/15/12

Outsidebox wrote:

Or, alternatively, you can get it along with some other good games in the current Humble Bundle.
http://www.humblebundle.com/


Yup that's how I got it, but theres nothing wrong with free though

Metro 2033 is well worth the price of that bundle (whatever amount you donate), very good game even on low-med settings (graphics were still impressive imo)
1837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Rotterdam
Offline
Posted 2/1/13
I have it, it's worth every dollar spent on it. I love it.
14404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York, NY
Online
Posted 3/21/13
Best atmosphere in a game I've ever played. Wish I caught the deal. Then again I have it on every platform. Even have both books. Unfortunately I can't read the second one because it isn't translated.
Gyava 
11770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Online
Posted 3/21/13
Damn it.. Wish i saw this earlier.
F40PH 
16256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
I picked it up from that facebook promo, but I still haven't had time to play it. =/
13182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I got it from the FB promo but still havent gotten around to playing it. Is it any good?
49872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

-Chris311- wrote:

Just a heads up that THQ is giving away free steam codes for the full PC version of Metro 2033 for the next few days if you like their Facebook page.

Be warned, you need to have a powerful computer to play at the highest settings and get decent framerates.

Link to their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782


GTX 650M with 6 gigs of RAM good enough?
and an i5
50747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

demo_Animation wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:

Just a heads up that THQ is giving away free steam codes for the full PC version of Metro 2033 for the next few days if you like their Facebook page.

Be warned, you need to have a powerful computer to play at the highest settings and get decent framerates.

Link to their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782


GTX 650M with 6 gigs of RAM good enough?
and an i5



Depending on the resolution of your laptop screen, or if you plan on running it on an external monitor, you should be able to play the game on medium settings and achieve a playable 40-50 fps. You will probably need to turn off DoF and run a low AA and AF.

On the highest settings, Ultra, no matter what resolution you run the game at your 650m will struggle to keep the frame rate in the double digits.
49872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

-Chris311- wrote:


demo_Animation wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:

Just a heads up that THQ is giving away free steam codes for the full PC version of Metro 2033 for the next few days if you like their Facebook page.

Be warned, you need to have a powerful computer to play at the highest settings and get decent framerates.

Link to their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782


GTX 650M with 6 gigs of RAM good enough?
and an i5



Depending on the resolution of your laptop screen, or if you plan on running it on an external monitor, you should be able to play the game on medium settings and achieve a playable 40-50 fps. You will probably need to turn off DoF and run a low AA and AF.

On the highest settings, Ultra, no matter what resolution you run the game at your 650m will struggle to keep the frame rate in the double digits.


or maybe my laptop will just explode..? XD
mipegg 
16322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/13/13
Remember that a laptop I5 is alot less powerful than a desktop I5 aswell
Sailor Candy Moderator
161785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/25/13
Closed due inactivity. 0 new posts in months. Locked.
You must be logged in to post.