First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
What is the worst anime ever?
Posted 12/23/12 , edited 12/23/12
I'm going to have to say School Days but only on the grounds of the main character just makes me want to throw up. At first he reminded of how I was in high school, but then as the story progress, I wanted to kill him because I knew how it was the story was going to end because of his actions.
39706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 12/23/12 , edited 12/23/12
I'm going to agree with those who disliked Sword Art Online.

We ought to expect better of those who write to entertain us that they don't create sensless plots. Seriously, this guy claims that a single person with no outside help developed and manufactured an entire line of virtual headsets for use in a video game OR that not one single person involved in the manufacturing process of said VR device had any idea how to safely remove them OR that no world government had the capacity to hack into a video game to allow players to log out safely OR that no engineer in the world could figure out how to take out a battery from a headset OR how to block microwaves from being emitted into one's brain FOR OVER TWO YEARS.

That's well beyond bad writing people and we must expect better from our entertainment or people will continue to write nonsense garbage because it sells. Whenever something this bad is created we should do the right thing, turn away from it and find something else to watch.
16033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/23/12

Tekrelious wrote:

I'm going to agree with those who disliked Sword Art Online.

We ought to expect better of those who write to entertain us that they don't create sensless plots. Seriously, this guy claims that a single person with no outside help developed and manufactured an entire line of virtual headsets for use in a video game OR that not one single person involved in the manufacturing process of said VR device had any idea how to safely remove them OR that no world government had the capacity to hack into a video game to allow players to log out safely OR that no engineer in the world could figure out how to take out a battery from a headset OR how to block microwaves from being emitted into one's brain FOR OVER TWO YEARS.

That's well beyond bad writing people and we must expect better from our entertainment or people will continue to write nonsense garbage because it sells. Whenever something this bad is created we should do the right thing, turn away from it and find something else to watch.


You must have it hard being so picky over the details. In some series you should ignore the logic and just enjoy the anime. If you can`t do that then anime is not really the thing for you, seeing that 90% of the animes have a thing or two that doesn`t make sense.
56234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Temple, Tx
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
Gah! You guys don't know about horrible anime!! Haiyore! Nyarko san? Excel Saga!? While I personally loved those shows, here are some I think are not even worth using as a drink coaster.

Tekken: The animated movie
Battle Royal High School
Hanappe Bazooka
Master of Martial Hearts

The titles in the middle are pretty old school, so some of you may have to look them up. Regardless, they really suck!
39706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 12/23/12

Kikusui10 wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:

I'm going to agree with those who disliked Sword Art Online.

We ought to expect better of those who write to entertain us that they don't create sensless plots. Seriously, this guy claims that a single person with no outside help developed and manufactured an entire line of virtual headsets for use in a video game OR that not one single person involved in the manufacturing process of said VR device had any idea how to safely remove them OR that no world government had the capacity to hack into a video game to allow players to log out safely OR that no engineer in the world could figure out how to take out a battery from a headset OR how to block microwaves from being emitted into one's brain FOR OVER TWO YEARS.

That's well beyond bad writing people and we must expect better from our entertainment or people will continue to write nonsense garbage because it sells. Whenever something this bad is created we should do the right thing, turn away from it and find something else to watch.


You must have it hard being so picky over the details. In some series you should ignore the logic and just enjoy the anime. If you can`t do that then anime is not really the thing for you, seeing that 90% of the animes have a thing or two that doesn`t make sense.


No, no no no no no no no no!

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=The_Core

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_%28film%29

or do you demand better from those who try to entertain you? We demand better. Stop watching crap!
16033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/23/12

Tekrelious wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:

I'm going to agree with those who disliked Sword Art Online.

We ought to expect better of those who write to entertain us that they don't create sensless plots. Seriously, this guy claims that a single person with no outside help developed and manufactured an entire line of virtual headsets for use in a video game OR that not one single person involved in the manufacturing process of said VR device had any idea how to safely remove them OR that no world government had the capacity to hack into a video game to allow players to log out safely OR that no engineer in the world could figure out how to take out a battery from a headset OR how to block microwaves from being emitted into one's brain FOR OVER TWO YEARS.

That's well beyond bad writing people and we must expect better from our entertainment or people will continue to write nonsense garbage because it sells. Whenever something this bad is created we should do the right thing, turn away from it and find something else to watch.


You must have it hard being so picky over the details. In some series you should ignore the logic and just enjoy the anime. If you can`t do that then anime is not really the thing for you, seeing that 90% of the animes have a thing or two that doesn`t make sense.


No, no no no no no no no no!

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=The_Core

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow

Do you ignore logic here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_%28film%29

or do you demand better from those who try to entertain you? We demand better. Stop watching crap!


If they limited animes to things that were only possible, do you know how few animes there would be? Not to mention the lack of imagination in the anime. By letting things remain as it is, even though its not really possible, they are able to expand the animes and create much more entertaining ones.
39706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 12/23/12 , edited 12/23/12
I'm not talking about things which are logical I'm talking about things that are SENSIBLE. You can't take criticism of a show you like when you know damn well it's garbage. Admit you're wrong and move on.

Edit: Oh, and I absolutely DENY that most anime is illogical. That's a horrible argument and it's wrong.
4340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / My room where els...
Online
Posted 12/23/12

dizy111 wrote:

School days for me was the worst thing i've ever set eyes on. Poor story and abrupt ending. Even though it originated from an VN and some things were changed it still didn't make the cut. Bottom line it's S#%*!


I hate school days but seriously i wish i could forget about it completely worst anime ever made!. the ending no don't want to remember that anime made scared to watch anime i almost quit watching anime because of it. Scarred for life.
17079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
I'm sort of new to anime and haven't seen a lot, but so far I'd have to say that Casshern Sins was pretty disappointing. At the beginning I thought it would be interesting but at the middle I started to lose interest, however I watched it to the end.
13431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
I can't even remember the name it was so bad, just loads of guys living in a house together, it was more of a drama anime, meh, it was so long ago so...

The worst, for me, in recent times has been Accel World, just couldn't enjoy it at all. Which is weird as everyone told me because I like SAO I'd probably like Accel World, but heh, different strokes different blokes right?

I'll probably give it another go during the break between Season 1 and 2 of SAO (mhmm, here's hoping) but I can't see much changing.
18053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
Issho ni Sleeping: Sleeping with Hinako

plot summary - "Hinako, former human who now lives in the anime world, has fallen asleep. This is the video documentary of her defenceless sleeping pattern."
kmfcm 
19741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/23/12

Odin Space Sailor Starlight is the most boring thing I have ever seen. I like tons of old anime, tons. . . .not that one.

MD Geist wasn't very good either.

Tekken was horrible


Everyone seems to hate this "School Days" show. I just happened to watch the ending on youtube, and that was fucked. I doubt I'd like the rest of the show though.
3211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Vancouver,British...
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
For me Bokura ga Ita..there were some nice parts... but just too much kissing >.<
15046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
eh Bobobobobo was pretty random but i wouldn't really say its the worst anime I've watched but it was pretty random. I don't really have an anime that i hate as of now.
63155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 12/23/12

DomoKevin wrote:


metalsmith wrote:


DomoKevin wrote:


FrolixxMo0n wrote:


DomoKevin wrote:

Sword Ass Online


Just because you hate Asuna doesnt mean you can dislike the anime itself. I was fascinated with all the aspects of the anime... except for Asuna.

and im totally not stalking you


Read my forum post? Sword Art Online went into complete crap. Plus, people don't recognize the whole flaws of this anime. There are so many reasons on why this show is bad. Such as Kirito being a Gary Stu character (too perfect and good at everything). How plain stupid the villains are. We would never know why Kayabe trapped the people inside the game, or maybe it was just for his amusent and then he just randomly commits suicide. The second villain is just evil for no reason, not to mention how he gets turned on by raping Asuna's virtual body that's not even one bit real! Hahahaha! This show is a joke.


Kirito is driven to do good by the guilt he feels from abandoning people along his journey. He left the first guy he met behind, got a bunch of friends killed, but survived himself. As a child, he trained in kendo and had a strong mental fortitude, which served him well as far as reaction time in the game. His overall reaction time was the fastest of any player in the game, allowing him to perform skill combinations without the assistance of the game code. In this way, he was an example of skill superseding stats.

Kayabe trapped people in the game because he was tired of the world. He wanted to create his own world to live in, and to gather people and lead them. His ultimate goal was to be the leader to the end of the game, and then betray everyone, becoming the final boss. The result would be the most epic story every created in a game, and the most moving and emotional story ever told, for those individuals. In the end, he realizes what he's done and becomes half hearted about the idea. When Asuna and Kirito both overpower the suppressants being used on their minds to move their avatar bodies to attack him while paralyzed and such, he realizes the strength of the mind, and fully understands what he's tried to do, and ends up taking his own life.

The second villain is an old dude who thinks asuna is beautiful, but she flatly rejects him in real life. He also sees potential in the full dive simulated reality to possible affect the memory of individuals directly through electrical impulses in the brain. When SAO ends, he hijacks 300 minds and locks them in the game to experiment on. He's a sick bastard who wants to put asuna 'in the kitchen'. He gets off at seeing her terrified face, and thus abuses her in the game to see the reactions that he can't get while in real life.

hope that helps you appreciate the level of thought they put into the character progression in the anime. I've never read the light novels.



*Ahem* If you have not read the light novels. Then you probably made up this crap in your head. The anime doesn't show reveal to us these information. Are you dense in the head?


I think the show does reveal this information. I think this was the purpose of showing the early days of the SAO area, and his relationships with people. I think that there was much revealed in kayabe's attitude at the end of SAO in how he talks to the two, and how much respect he has for them. That I got this from the anime is why I enjoyed it, and that you did not get anything out of it is why you did not. If you still don't after seeing my point of view, then we definitely just differ in tastes. No harm no foul.

But I tend to read into things. I think that everything, down to the facial expressions used, were well thought out and used appropriately. The main character is full of guilt and regret, and becomes very kind and gentle in the end because of it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.