First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Sexist Threads
730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12
I agree there's far too many of these types of threads. I've had enough "why are all girls liars?" and "why do all men cheat?" The answer to both is this: they don't. That assumes an absolute. That assumes only one gender engages in such a thing.

One other thing, regarding the standard we are wired differently argument. Please stop assuming men and women's minds run in two completely different directions. The men are fro Mars, women from Venus exaggeration is outdated. We are different, but we are not that different. Additionally, we do have biological differences yes, but social conditioning is greatly being underestimated here. There are many variables that need to be calculated in people's thinking processes and behavior: social conditioning, biological, and how much comes down to the individual. The amount of inconclusive and often contradicting studies don't help. But I think the differences in cultures and the exceptions in individuals shows there is more than is being considered here.
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


kufirst wrote:

First read it as Sexiest Threads.


Gonna be honest, so did I.
Lol. XD


Mwuahaha, so did I. Does it mean we're dirty minded?
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:

Because people want to take out there frustration, especially romantically. It could be anything like a fight with your significant other to just having trouble finding a significant other, even just bad experiences with the opposite sex. So they give into ignorance out of frustration and make vague statements about people as a whole instead of being realistic. That's my perception of it.


You would be 100% accurate in your perception, sir...
16065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"
16065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"


Thats your way of looking at it. I simply see it as frustration or anger taking over, thus leading to a more aggressive statement.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Kikusui10 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"


Thats your way of looking at it. I simply see it as frustration or anger taking over, thus leading to a more aggressive statement.


Ok, so youre saying that these individuals make more aggressive statements due to anger or frustration taking over, sure but because of that frustration and lack of composure those aggressive statements are also often less intelligent and sometimes even imbecilic. I fail to see where knowledge is obtained here.
23563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Kikusui10 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"


Thats your way of looking at it. I simply see it as frustration or anger taking over, thus leading to a more aggressive statement.


You can both be correct on this though, depending on who posted the thread. They might be looking for answers, with a divisive question/statement as a starter to the topic. An innocent question can also start drama if it's interpreted negatively.

If one seeks knowledge, it's better to ask a very specific question, with proper context, or one with as neutral a tone as possible. Aggressive/biased questions tend to get aggressive/biased responses.
16065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"


Thats your way of looking at it. I simply see it as frustration or anger taking over, thus leading to a more aggressive statement.


Ok, so youre saying that these individuals make more aggressive statements due to anger or frustration taking over, sure but because of that frustration and lack of composure those aggressive statements are also often less intelligent and sometimes even imbecilic. I fail to see where knowledge is obtained here.


Dont get me wrong. I definitely agree that angry statements are not the right way to do it. It`s harder to give a proper response to someone using the F word when asking questions. I`m just saying that its easy to give in to the anger and just let the words flow.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Spazticus wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

No need to get offended. People are simply seeking knowledge.


Looking for explanations for blanket statements about large groups of people is hardly seeking knowledge, sir. Where im from, we call it "causin' drama" or "stirrin' the pot"


Thats your way of looking at it. I simply see it as frustration or anger taking over, thus leading to a more aggressive statement.


You can both be correct on this though, depending on who posted the thread. They might be looking for answers, with a divisive question/statement as a starter to the topic. An innocent question can also start drama if it's interpreted negatively.

If one seeks knowledge, it's better to ask a very specific question, with proper context, or one with as neutral a tone as possible. Aggressive/biased questions tend to get aggressive/biased responses.


Truth
69716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Naicisum wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


kufirst wrote:

First read it as Sexiest Threads.


Gonna be honest, so did I.
Lol. XD


Mwuahaha, so did I. Does it mean we're dirty minded?


Another one for reading it sexiest. We should just change the topic of discussion to that.
38294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

-Elo- wrote:

Why do people feel the need to establish threads that either criticize or stereotype a certain gender?
We're all the same regardless of gender.
Anyone can do anything.


Why do people feel the need to establish threads that either criticize or stereotype a certain thread?
They're all the same regardless of the type of thread.
Any thread can have useful posts.

Lay off the threadism. Not everyone posts sexist threads, you know. You might say that it's pretty clear that you don't think ALL threads are sexist, but usually you assume someone using a stereotype doesn't believe EVERYONE is actually that way -- a stereotype is merely a trend that someone sees. Threads on stereotypes are just comments on those trends. I will grant that there are people that actually do apply stereotypes uniformly, but that doesn't diminish the usefulness of stereotypes. Don't apply the bad traits of one group of people to all of them.

Secondly, if we're all the same, then any attribute that holds for one person, holds for all people, which means that stereotypes ought to be 100% accurate, which would make them useless, because there would only be one stereotype. Stereotypes exist because people are different, and certain groups have different tendencies. People recognize that these tendencies don't apply to everyone; they're still useful.

Lastly, on the point that anyone can do anything: it's irrelevant. Would you claim that professional basketball players shouldn't be considered more athletic than pro chess players or gamers? After all, a given chess player might be more athletic than a given basketball player (in fact there are quite a few), but the stereotype still makes sense because it's only to be considered as a "guideline" of sorts.
45745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/16/12
In my opinion, people are becoming too politically correct. You can't say anything without fear of retaliation.
Posted 12/16/12

plainknights wrote:

misleads other to believe only (or all) men cheats.


If they're dumb enough to believe it, then it's well deserved.
2929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Naicisum wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


kufirst wrote:

First read it as Sexiest Threads.


Gonna be honest, so did I.
Lol. XD


Mwuahaha, so did I. Does it mean we're dirty minded?


Same here. Haha.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.