First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Indiana man with 47 guns arrested after school threat
42361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Kagato666 wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Also, has anyone heard the story about the guy in Oregon that faced-down a shooter with his own gun? He was in a mall in Portland with a friend when a masked gunman opened fire. He saw the other guy with the gun (concealed weapon permit), and took his own life.


You dont hear more about heroics like this because it goes against the media agenda to make guns and gun owners out to be evil.


Ya it's sad that the media generally only focuses on the gun use by criminals, but whenever someone uses a gun to defend themselves/others then it isn't "news" worthy.



That is because of ratings. Right now lots of stations rating are going through the roof due to viewership.

The broadcasting media follows the NASCAR effect logic.
People don't watch a group of cars going in circles for hours on end, they watch it for the wrecks, crashes, smoke outs, fires and such.

If they wanted to watch cars go in circles for hours on end, they would have gone to the drivers ed school.
66794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


LynnTerra wrote:

Another great case of American's having to much freedom.


not just america. In China on December 14th a man entered a elementary school and stabbed 22 children



Ah, sorry. To help clarify my statement a little.. I meant that America has more cases of such misuse than any other country in the world (that I'm aware of anyways).
45517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12

LynnTerra wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


LynnTerra wrote:

Another great case of American's having to much freedom.


not just america. In China on December 14th a man entered a elementary school and stabbed 22 children



Ah, sorry. To help clarify my statement a little.. I meant that America has more cases of such misuse than any other country in the world (that I'm aware of anyways).


Much rather have my freedom. Each and every country has their incidents but the state controls the media more tightly or they aren't brought to international attention because its in some third world country. More news in the US makes it international and gets criticized more because we are hated pretty much everywhere. China actually used the incident of having 22 kids stabbed to say hey were better than the US. All that incident proved is it could still happen even without guns. A lot of crazy people out there everywhere in every country. It be better if the media didn't immortalize all the brain dead suicidal idiots who do these stunts.

Gun control is a big a fantasy as the War on Drugs, if you want a gun you dont have to get it thru legal sources. It just become a bigger source of income than narcotics. If anything they should just have registered guns not reported stolen that get used in these crimes punish the owners for not locking up their shit good enough.
Aimyay 
22474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
1. Guns
2. Ammo
3. Kids
4. Kill
5. Infamy
28310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12
Its too bad even though its fiction the anime Psycho-Pass would address this problem.Just a thought. But we could make gun ownership subject to yearly checks.If something amiss the guns go away until the problem is fixed or the person banned from owning them. And I am sure in most cases a 15 round clip would stop most home crimes. Why 30 or more rounds.I am on the fence about assault rifles a higher standard should be applied to ownership and again limit rounds.But again there just as many illegal firearms so how do limit gun ownership when criminals walk the street freely.The drug trade and gangs are the most to blame.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

LynnTerra wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


LynnTerra wrote:

Another great case of American's having to much freedom.


not just america. In China on December 14th a man entered a elementary school and stabbed 22 children



Ah, sorry. To help clarify my statement a little.. I meant that America has more cases of such misuse than any other country in the world (that I'm aware of anyways).


Back that up with proof.

137308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
So much wickedness in this world. Why attack a school full of children and teachers who did nothing to you? .__. I wouldn't be surprised if a gun outlawing is coming in the future.
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
How many people died? Hmm?
40042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
maybe that Indian Man was possessed by the demons.
49919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/18/12

iReflect12 wrote:

Why shoot us? We didn't do anything to them. ;___;


These mass murderers tend to target the weak; people who couldn't defend themselves against them.

That's the nature of this world... the weak tramples the weak while the strong gets stronger.
Posted 12/18/12
The talk radio around here has been hard to listen too. Tougher gun laws, somehow take 40 million guns away from the owners, arm the teachers and train them.. I don't know, people don't want to accept that there really is no stopping someone with nothing to lose.
Posted 12/18/12

Jdaimond wrote:


LynnTerra wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:


LynnTerra wrote:

Another great case of American's having to much freedom.


not just america. In China on December 14th a man entered a elementary school and stabbed 22 children



Ah, sorry. To help clarify my statement a little.. I meant that America has more cases of such misuse than any other country in the world (that I'm aware of anyways).


Back that up with proof.



google foo

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/committees/gun_violence/resources/the_u_s_compared_to_other_nations.html
42361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=tiiQQP4-Ijw <-- Armed girl saved from potential rape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNz-iFykkc <-- 13y/o shoots at intruders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-el_BlWWEFc&NR=1 <-- teen shoots armed intruder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQcoNr6ZIEc <--- 14 y/o shoots armer intruder who aimed gun at the kid off the bat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-q2zHIovOE <-- 15 y/o uses an Assault rifle to shoot at invaders..

There are so many examples of when being armed at home can and will most likely save lives. These examples do not become national stories. They do not get hailed as heros by the nation and the world.
The only thing that becomes a national sensation is gruesome events, only the bad news spread like wild fire. The good news die out locally.

You want to remove guns? Ok fine. These kids would have either been raped or killed. Adding to the small statistics of the year.

Here in Alaska, USA it is so easy to get a gun, so easy that you can walk into a gun store as a 14 y/o and get one with your daddy. The judges tell the lucky robbers that they are incredibly stupid, and incredibly lucky the owner of the home didn't have guns, else they would be dead by now.

In Alaska, this is common to home invaders.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Anchorage police have identified the two men shot dead during an apparent home-invasion robbery attempt in Muldoon early Thursday morning.

Being shot dead.
medmal 
28024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

micdeath wrote:


Kagato666 wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Also, has anyone heard the story about the guy in Oregon that faced-down a shooter with his own gun? He was in a mall in Portland with a friend when a masked gunman opened fire. He saw the other guy with the gun (concealed weapon permit), and took his own life.


You dont hear more about heroics like this because it goes against the media agenda to make guns and gun owners out to be evil.


Ya it's sad that the media generally only focuses on the gun use by criminals, but whenever someone uses a gun to defend themselves/others then it isn't "news" worthy.



That is because of ratings. Right now lots of stations rating are going through the roof due to viewership.

The broadcasting media follows the NASCAR effect logic.
People don't watch a group of cars going in circles for hours on end, they watch it for the wrecks, crashes, smoke outs, fires and such.

If they wanted to watch cars go in circles for hours on end, they would have gone to the drivers ed school.


Actually, it WAS reported, and the young man DIDN'T fire at, or face down the killer. He was hiding behind a pillar some distance away with gun drawn, but felt he would hit a bystander if he missed. He feels he made the right decision, but is very upset about the whole thing. I would consider him a hero none-the-less. As a Texan, I assume at least one person was packing at all the shootings in the South and Midwest and faced the same issue: what if I miss? what if he' s wearing body armor? what if other carriers think I'm with the shooter?
As Texan with friends who are big NASCAR fans, I think you're wrong and I've never heard them say anything bad about anime fans.
27261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 12/18/12 , edited 12/18/12
Another crazy shooter?

How many of these goddamn lunatics are there?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.