First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you believe in spirits or the afterlife
9815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Vancouver, BC.
Offline
Posted 1/31/14
I don't know. The way I see it is like this, do you remember what it was like before you were born? Do you have any memory of your non-existence back in the 1800's? Neither do I. I think that's what it would be like when we die.
3259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 1/31/14
No. It's a fairy tale made up because people can't cope with loss.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 8/17/14
I've seen and heard things I can't understand with logic, but when it comes to believing in Ghosts or Spirits, not really. And DEFINITELY no Afterlife. All near Death experiences are is the Brain flooding with DMT which is the most potent Psychedelic on planet Earth. It is secreted by the Pineal gland. So all those tunnels, spirits, "going into the light"...Your mind is basically flooding with a chemical much more powerful than LSD as a defense maneuver, keeping the Body safe and regulatory in it's own manner. So there Yah go!

Here is a great Link and Read concerning the Subject.

http://www.academia.edu/1970764/Role_of_DMT_in_Near_Death_Experience
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


Koyu wrote:

I honestly wish I could come to a solid conclusion about this. I grew up in a christian family but I have my doubts ya know? Deep down I can't say I'm a true believer, I mean I hear the stories and go to church and all of that, but I guess its just the way human beings are, were programmed to only believe something that can be proven true.

I hope there is an afterlife of some sorts, and there is more to life than just passing on your genetic material. Maybe someday well be able to figure it out for sure, but until then, or at least until I have some kind of spiritual enlightenment of my own, I really don't know


You and me, we're the same, beside the whole going to church (I don't do it anymore) :p But yeah I grew up as a Christian too, but I just became more of a person that believe's in "proof" more than a Religion :L


Koorii wrote:

yes, there's no reason not to


There's just as much of a reason for it to be a afterlife than not to be one-.- It's 50/50 Because no human on earth really "knows"


Pretty much this. ^
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/27/14
No I don't believe in an afterlife or spirits.But I wish they were real so I can go back to the planet and haunt people and make them paranoid and wonder if spirits exist .
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/27/14
Yes i do, mostly because i think i've seen ghosts and been in haunted places.
Posted 8/27/14

JayVeeDees wrote:

(And why I'm talking about God is because without one there is no afterlife yeah? <.< *I guess depends on what religion*)
But spirits is just complete BS, no offence.

I believe/hope in an Afterlife but don't believe in a God. A lot of people do.
Skunki 
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/27/14
My place is built from brick from the execution wall of the German Wehrmacht. If there are ghosts, I'd ask them for rent. But there are none unfortunately.
Posted 8/27/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

I've seen and heard things I can't understand with logic, but when it comes to believing in Ghosts or Spirits, not really. And DEFINITELY no Afterlife. All near Death experiences are is the Brain flooding with DMT which is the most potent Psychedelic on planet Earth. It is secreted by the Pineal gland. So all those tunnels, spirits, "going into the light"...Your mind is basically flooding with a chemical much more powerful than LSD as a defense maneuver, keeping the Body safe and regulatory in it's own manner. So there Yah go!

Here is a great Link and Read concerning the Subject.

http://www.academia.edu/1970764/Role_of_DMT_in_Near_Death_Experience


While I think OBEs and NDEs are hallucinations, it's perfunctory to say that the afterlife doesn't exist due to such things being proven false.
3019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego
Offline
Posted 8/27/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


Koyu wrote:

I honestly wish I could come to a solid conclusion about this. I grew up in a christian family but I have my doubts ya know? Deep down I can't say I'm a true believer, I mean I hear the stories and go to church and all of that, but I guess its just the way human beings are, were programmed to only believe something that can be proven true.

I hope there is an afterlife of some sorts, and there is more to life than just passing on your genetic material. Maybe someday well be able to figure it out for sure, but until then, or at least until I have some kind of spiritual enlightenment of my own, I really don't know


You and me, we're the same, beside the whole going to church (I don't do it anymore) :p But yeah I grew up as a Christian too, but I just became more of a person that believe's in "proof" more than a Religion :L


Koorii wrote:

yes, there's no reason not to


There's just as much of a reason for it to be a afterlife than not to be one-.- It's 50/50 Because no human on earth really "knows"


I wouldn't be so sure ^_^
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 8/27/14 , edited 8/27/14

Gmochi wrote:



I wouldn't be so sure ^_^


haha, that's the point, nobody's sure about anything, that's why it's called religion (You believe in something that might exist, but there is no proof <.<) Though, this is coming from an atheist, -.-


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:

(And why I'm talking about God is because without one there is no afterlife yeah? <.< *I guess depends on what religion*)
But spirits is just complete BS, no offence.

I believe/hope in an Afterlife but don't believe in a God. A lot of people do.


I do too, though I'm not one who wants to wait for the answer to be given to me when I die xD That's why I think there is nothing there in the end, then you can see your life in a new way and enjoy it the way you should.
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / All up in yo mouth!
Offline
Posted 8/27/14
I believe because I've seen.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 8/27/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

I've seen and heard things I can't understand with logic, but when it comes to believing in Ghosts or Spirits, not really. And DEFINITELY no Afterlife. All near Death experiences are is the Brain flooding with DMT which is the most potent Psychedelic on planet Earth. It is secreted by the Pineal gland. So all those tunnels, spirits, "going into the light"...Your mind is basically flooding with a chemical much more powerful than LSD as a defense maneuver, keeping the Body safe and regulatory in it's own manner. So there Yah go!

Here is a great Link and Read concerning the Subject.

http://www.academia.edu/1970764/Role_of_DMT_in_Near_Death_Experience


While I think OBEs and NDEs are hallucinations, it's perfunctory to say that the afterlife doesn't exist due to such things being proven false.


Touché My Friend. That's the good thing about Opinions; We're all allowed to have them.
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Far Shore
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
the nerd inside me wants to believe in spirits and demons.... but i just don't. it's interesting to read up on beliefs and legends but it's more like indulging in fantasy to me.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
A lack of evidence may not constitute as evidence to say it doesn't happen.
but It also gives me no reason to believe it does.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.