First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Pros and cons of being male or female?
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

esavsage wrote:

As a man
Pro: No Boobs
Con: No Boobs


LOL okay obviously you've never seen a really obese man xD

Males

Pro: Mole job opportunities in certain fields (vice-versa for females too)
- Probably have better friends (ugh hate girls lol)

Con: Expected to be the Man of the House
- Are often misunderstood

Females

Pros: Maternity leave
- Have a lot of outfits to choose from
- we can cosplay as girls (or guys) and still be deemed "hot"
- lol say you're a female gamer/anime fan and watch the friend requests FLY

Cons

- LOL Females HATE FEMALE BOSSES!
- as brutally mentioned - periods......
- Not to be sexist but I really can't stand women who are jealous, gossip, territorial, etc
44453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 12/17/12
Eh... it really depends on the guys you pick as friends. Ive known some guys I would call friends without hesitation, others I would like to tie up and toss them into a swamp. It's like that for both sexes.
58926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Penis. Nuff said.
36219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Age, men become "distinguished" as they get older and remain "great catches"; while women can be viewed as "old" and undesirable by their mid twenties. The pro for women is that we can do more of what we want without worrying about said desirability.

I agree with you about that aspect of feminism. You're welcome to hold a door open for me anytime.
44453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 12/17/12
They become less desirable by their mid-20s? Really? That largely depends on the girl and if she has been taking care of herself. If she looks like shes been living in a whiskey bottle and smoking three packs a day, then yeah shes going to look hideous. lol
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Wow, I'm impressed by the way this thread has evolved! It's fun seeing what people's different points of view are.

I actually don't find menstruation to be a con. It's just how our bodies work and we shouldn't fight it - it has to be taken in stride. And just to let you know, I'm not one of those girls who has an easy time of it either. I've passed out a couple times on the first day (don't know what caused it, but it had something to do with my period... )

I hadn't thought about people being condescending towards girls and not taking them seriously - that's a good one

And I too find myself annoyed that there aren't many good strong female characters out there with proper characterization (too often they're just there for fanservice or supporting a male lead - not in their own right). If you're looking for proper female protagonists in fiction (fantasy), may I recommend any novel by Tamora Pierce? I love her!!
akerk7 
17353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Northeast America
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Cons of being a guy:

Your junk is always in the way when you sit down.
You have a very limited wardrobe compared to a girl's; to me it always felt like the gray coveralls from 1984 (an Orwellian movie).
It gets hard every morning and sometimes sticks out in random embarrassing angles.
Girls wont hang out with you because they think all you want is to get into their pants.
You're not supposed to cry or show emotion because, remember, you're a man and men are automatons, not people
Girls ignore you because you're not an unrealistic sex-god with six pack abs.
You're looked at oddly if you say you like romances.
You're assumed to just like girl-girl romance because it's double the boobs.
You're assumed to love porn and think about sex all the time.
Masturbating is disgusting and is way to short-lived.
A guy's body has maybe three erogenous zones.
You're supposed to be aggressive and macho.
If you say you like pink people ask if you're gay.
If you can tell several shades of any colour from each other people look at you funny.
Same thing as above, but with flowers.

This post is not a claim that guys have it worse than women, just that I personally hate being a guy and would trade places with a girl on her worst period days any time.


I've never seen an opinion like this I'm glad you wrote it! I usually get so stuck on thinking that it really sucks to be a girl but those are some legitimate draw backs of male-dom. Its nice to hear the opinion of a guy who doesn't believe he is of the dominant gender
akerk7 
17353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Northeast America
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Tamora Pierce is the shit
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

akerk7 wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Cons of being a guy:

Your junk is always in the way when you sit down.
You have a very limited wardrobe compared to a girl's; to me it always felt like the gray coveralls from 1984 (an Orwellian movie).
It gets hard every morning and sometimes sticks out in random embarrassing angles.
Girls wont hang out with you because they think all you want is to get into their pants.
You're not supposed to cry or show emotion because, remember, you're a man and men are automatons, not people
Girls ignore you because you're not an unrealistic sex-god with six pack abs.
You're looked at oddly if you say you like romances.
You're assumed to just like girl-girl romance because it's double the boobs.
You're assumed to love porn and think about sex all the time.
Masturbating is disgusting and is way to short-lived.
A guy's body has maybe three erogenous zones.
You're supposed to be aggressive and macho.
If you say you like pink people ask if you're gay.
If you can tell several shades of any colour from each other people look at you funny.
Same thing as above, but with flowers.

This post is not a claim that guys have it worse than women, just that I personally hate being a guy and would trade places with a girl on her worst period days any time.


I've never seen an opinion like this I'm glad you wrote it! I usually get so stuck on thinking that it really sucks to be a girl but those are some legitimate draw backs of male-dom. Its nice to hear the opinion of a guy who doesn't believe he is of the dominant gender


totally agreed! And I may add that I'm learning a whole lot about the opposite gender just by reading through this... funny how women know so little about men! (and I'm sure it works in the opposite direction too)
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

akerk7 wrote:

Tamora Pierce is the shit


I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one... Any particular grievance against her and her books?
9138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12
I dunno about guys' pros and cons, so I can only vouch for us girls. But I guess guys' pro are our cons and vice versa~

Pros: No nuts to get hit in.
Can sometimes wear the other gender's clothing without being looked at funny.
Less chance of being thought of as crude or perverted for no reason.
Can wear black or pink without being judged. (though I will NOT wear pink if I can avoid it... _ _ )
You can cosplay as either gender without being stereotyped.
One piece swimsuits. Guys have no skin protection but sunblock~ xD
Sensitivity or romanticism doesn't call unwanted attention
You can break gender roles with less ridicule and rude reactions


Cons:
That time of the month and pregnancy/childbirth. (There's a reason I'm tempted to say 'only adoption')
The frickin' toilet seat (put it down, man!)
Parents' seem to get more bothersome about relationships. If you don't seem to be interested in any guys, they start asking if you like girls instead....
Sexist jokes and pervs target more females
People assume you can't be tough and straight, especially if you have short hair.
Nothing fits anymore when your chest develops... - -
More pressure on looks, especially with the pop culture crap and all the makeup/self-image correlations advertising's trying to pull~

9138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

Kurenai_Taka wrote:


akerk7 wrote:

Tamora Pierce is the shit


I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one... Any particular grievance against her and her books?


I believe "the shit" is used as a compliment here, like "the bomb" .... not sure, but I think~
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12

NatakeErru wrote:


Kurenai_Taka wrote:


akerk7 wrote:

Tamora Pierce is the shit


I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one... Any particular grievance against her and her books?


I believe "the shit" is used as a compliment here, like "the bomb" .... not sure, but I think~


Oh... if that was the idea, then don't I feel stupid now! haha we'll have to see if akerk7 will kindly clear up the confusion for us! (and then we can return to the original topic of discussion... )
44453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12
Yeah saying something "is the shit" is a compliment... it sounds kinda backhanded but its a compliment. lol I always thought saying something is "sick" sounded odd too.

Its funny (as in lol-funny) that Natake mentions the toilet seat, because my mom will sometimes leave the toilet seat up after cleaning it (the toilet), or leave the lid down and it drives me crazy. I sit down all the time, I've always felt weird standing up to pee.
Gextiv 
50302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12

Oldthrashbar wrote:

Penis. Nuff said.


Hi 5! We give! We don't receive!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.