Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Making Friends
557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
Random Friend Requests are the best! It is not hard to make friends on here or in real life. Be more confident!
6334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

Tiff-Chan wrote:

Random Friend Requests are the best! It is not hard to make friends on here or in real life. Be more confident!


I'll take your ad into consideration.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Online
Posted 12/18/12
It is tremendously hard to make friends here in the US when you are not into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or casual sex.
557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
I disagree. Everyone is not all into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or causal sex, etc. That is only the most mainstream part of American culture.
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/18/12 , edited 12/18/12

Tiff-Chan wrote:

I disagree. Everyone is not all into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or causal sex, etc. That is only the most mainstream part of American culture.


I also disagree, but bear in mind the guy you're responding to also considers himself a waste of resources, and doesn't even want to be alive. With that attitude, is it any wonder he makes that kind of statement?
557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
Good point! I did not know that. I do wonder if he has any friends to begin with. Life is too short to be wallowing in self sorrow and questioning why you are alive. But best advice I can give is to put yourself out there, take small steps, the world may be a fucked up place but there are good people out there.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Online
Posted 12/18/12

Spazticus wrote:


Tiff-Chan wrote:

I disagree. Everyone is not all into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or causal sex, etc. That is only the most mainstream part of American culture.


I also disagree, but bear in mind the guy you're responding to also considers himself a waste of resources, and doesn't even want to be alive. With that attitude, is it any wonder he makes that kind of statement?


I'm sorry, but I have never had the privilege to meet anyone who hasn't fallen under this category.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Online
Posted 12/18/12

Tiff-Chan wrote:

Good point! I did not know that. I do wonder if he has any friends to begin with. Life is too short to be wallowing in self sorrow and questioning why you are alive. But best advice I can give is to put yourself out there, take small steps, the world may be a fucked up place but there are good people out there.


I have never had a friend in my entire life. I grew up being anti-social due to bullying. I would be more willing to put myself out there if that did not consist of drinking alcohol, listening to repulsive music and having sex with a random woman.
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

lordseth23 wrote:


Spazticus wrote:


Tiff-Chan wrote:

I disagree. Everyone is not all into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or causal sex, etc. That is only the most mainstream part of American culture.


I also disagree, but bear in mind the guy you're responding to also considers himself a waste of resources, and doesn't even want to be alive. With that attitude, is it any wonder he makes that kind of statement?


I'm sorry, but I have never had the privilege to meet anyone who hasn't fallen under this category.


While you've not met me in person, I can honestly say that I've been completely sober since 1992, I neither seek nor would accept casual sex, and I haven't been to a party since high school. We have had plenty of discussions, however. If that "counts" for you, great. But if there's anything you might have gleaned from our discussions, I would hope it's an understanding that I am a candid person.
Posted 12/18/12

a619ko wrote:

I just accept random friend requests.


I don't send out any friend requests due to my inability to cope with rejection.

I also don't talk unless spoken to, I just say hello when added.
Due to my inability to carry a good conversation online.
Don't get me wrong, I can carry a conversation, just not by posting on someones wall and stuff.
I just don't really feel it and forget and leave the conversation altogether.



I'm gonna send you a friend invite. If you don't accept i will come to your country and shoot you where it reaaaaaaaally hurts, capisce? .
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Online
Posted 12/18/12

Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


Spazticus wrote:


Tiff-Chan wrote:

I disagree. Everyone is not all into partying, cannabis, alcohol, or causal sex, etc. That is only the most mainstream part of American culture.


I also disagree, but bear in mind the guy you're responding to also considers himself a waste of resources, and doesn't even want to be alive. With that attitude, is it any wonder he makes that kind of statement?


I'm sorry, but I have never had the privilege to meet anyone who hasn't fallen under this category.


While you've not met me in person, I can honestly say that I've been completely sober since 1992, I neither seek nor would accept casual sex, and I haven't been to a party since high school. We have had plenty of discussions, however. If that "counts" for you, great. But if there's anything you might have gleaned from our discussions, I would hope it's an understanding that I am a candid person.


I believe you, and I think that there are a lot of great people on here, but to be "friends" you must know the other person in real life.
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
I can't do the "random buddy request" thing... I like to know at least a little about a person before I ask to be buddies... So I keep an eye out on the forums and find people that respond to my comments or say something I agree with.
135092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
Hello
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

lordseth23 wrote:

I believe you, and I think that there are a lot of great people on here, but to be "friends" you must know the other person in real life.


I appreciate that, and I can't really disagree with that particular sentiment.

Voice and video calls can be a decent substitute, depending upon the circumstances, but it is more difficult to get to know someone in many of the ways that count. I will not deny that there are still people you can "click" with online, regardless, and bonds can still grow over time. It just happens at a different pace/method than if you could be around a person regularly.
1742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / shioshishio ♥
Offline
Posted 12/18/12
I sorta have that same trouble too, but whatever, people add me from time to time. It's not my fault people don't add me.
Well, here's what you could do.

- Randomly Add People .
- Accept ALL Friend Requests Received .
- Start A Conversation On Their Guestbook .
- More Suggestions In Other Comments.

~(.-.~)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.