First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll is on Xbox LIVE now!
25508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Everywhere And Ye...
Online
Posted 4/30/14
I was wondering if CrunchyRoll plans to come out on the Xbox One as well?
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/14
The app continually lags (repeatedly switching from HD to low-def and then vice versa). Netflix had the same issue years back, but they worked it out and we can watch Netflix, YouTube, etc. on our XBox no problems. Just the CR app has this issue. Shame really. Will come back when it get's fixed.
22836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / America
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

PlatinumWolf wrote:

I was wondering if CrunchyRoll plans to come out on the Xbox One as well?


Yeah I'm wondering too, but with XBox One lagging millions behind PS4 I'm not sure it's worth their while.
The Wise Wizard
79775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/13/14

smoledman wrote:


PlatinumWolf wrote:

I was wondering if CrunchyRoll plans to come out on the Xbox One as well?


Yeah I'm wondering too, but with XBox One lagging millions behind PS4 I'm not sure it's worth their while.

With either new generation console, it is more about potential growth than the current market. I expect we wouldn't have seen a PS4 app as soon as we did had CR not been able to apparently recompile the existing PS3 app.

Salvation for the Xbox One could arise from the fact that it should be possible to do a unified app that also runs on Windows 8.1 (both x86 and ARM) and Windows Phone 8.1.



It appears that as of June, Microsoft will no longer require an Xbox Live Gold membership for streaming services to work:
http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership.


20007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
anyone getting this again....

"the data retrieve from the request was malformed"?????

16077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
yeha im gettting it too this is really gay want to watch in ease on my tv but cant due to xbox issue i thinik the server connections things are down for xbox prob
16527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 5/16/14

smoledman wrote:


PlatinumWolf wrote:

I was wondering if CrunchyRoll plans to come out on the Xbox One as well?


Yeah I'm wondering too, but with XBox One lagging millions behind PS4 I'm not sure it's worth their while.


That is a really silly thing to say. The XB1 is anything but a failure right now. It lags behind the PS4 in sales, but that doesn't make it anything near a failure or even a waste of time for developers or companies looking to capitalize on the platform. It is Microsoft's fastest selling console thus far and it has a long life ahead of it. None of these companies (like Crunchyroll) have to choose one platform over another and there is not a lot of overlap between people owning both systems yet, so it would be foolish not to make the app for both platforms. You'd be throwing away another several million potential subscribers who have little to do on their brand new console at current.
rconiv 
18312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/14

shyshibby wrote:

The app continually lags (repeatedly switching from HD to low-def and then vice versa). Netflix had the same issue years back, but they worked it out and we can watch Netflix, YouTube, etc. on our XBox no problems. Just the CR app has this issue. Shame really. Will come back when it get's fixed.


Wonder if this is what is also causing the 10 second skip in pretty much all the episodes I watch on the 360.
DmanM 
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/14 , edited 5/22/14
unless I am missing something, Crunchyroll on xbox 360 is a little missleading, the only way I can find to watch it is to purchase an xbox live gold account which I have no use for...does anyone know a work around on this?
The Wise Wizard
79775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/22/14

DmanM wrote:

unless I am missing something, Crunchyroll on xbox 360 is a little missleading, the only way I can find to watch it is to purchase an xbox live gold account which I have no use for...does anyone know a work around on this?

Wait until the June Xbox 360 update, after which entertainment apps will no longer require Xbox Live Gold.

DmanM 
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/14
Cool, thanks!
15017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/14 , edited 6/4/14
Crunchyroll is listed as coming to the Xbox One:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox

"Crunchyroll. Xbox One: AU, AT, BR, CA, DE, ES, FR, IE, IT, MX, NZ, UK, US"
19095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 6/4/14
So it's official as of now thnx to Microsoft announcing Crunchyroll will be coming to the Xbox one http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox but the question to me is why hasn't crunchyroll made an official statement talking about this, or could it be possible that the app could be going live at E3 and we will have to wait till then to get it?
70193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
Woohoo! At this point, the only thing remaining for me for a complete Xbox One media center takeover is a native Plex application.
The Wise Wizard
79775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14

DaddyMassacre wrote:

So it's official as of now thnx to Microsoft announcing Crunchyroll will be coming to the Xbox one http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox but the question to me is why hasn't crunchyroll made an official statement talking about this, or could it be possible that the app could be going live at E3 and we will have to wait till then to get it?

I read on a comment on a tech site a comment that stated that while the apps listed were indeed coming to the Xbox One, not all of them had been approved. Since that was simply a comment, that may or not be the case, but given the number of new apps, it is feasible.

In that case, CR may not have announced it because the app isn't ready to be released yet.

There is also the fact that some things (i.e, certain simulcasts) have been confirmed to be on CR by other parties, but CR didn't themselves officially announce them until they saw fit. I doubt CR will announce the Xbox One app until the day people can actually install it.


It is interesting to note that Funimation submitted an Xbox 360 app to Microsoft last month for approval, but it isn't on the list. (The list covers both Xbox One and 360 apps).


For those out there with an Xbox One, are any of the other apps mentioned in the article already available?:
http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox

First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.