First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Obama wants you to take your guns before he implodes the economy.
796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/22/12
Can we stop this "Obama is taking my right away" crap. I mean seriously can you point to me any rights that were taken away? Can't find one then no need to spew crap. Only right wing nut jobs believe that the President wants to take your rights yet can't prove a damn thing. Ps if you love your guns good for you since you know most have been buying more guns since President Obama became the Potus.
38825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

Lexxuk wrote:
As for gun laws, what is the point in owning a gun?


Guns are for killing things; they are a single-purpose tool. I like to shoot and eat wild animals (yum, elk!), and long guns are important for the shooting part of hunting. I am also concerned about being properly equipped when the zombies come, but that's another matter.

I can't argue with your other statements, because they were factual. But don't expect using facts to argue with beliefs to be effective. Also, remember that American culture has strangely skewed moral priorities - take Colorado as an example, where recreational drug use is legal, but marriage isn't.
Lexxuk 
61231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/22/12 , edited 12/22/12

moonhawk81 wrote:

I congratulate you on your nation's low firearms-related murder rate. Honestly, I do. However, I must kindly invite you to keep your statistics away from my rights. Rights, I might add, that I spent 8 years in uniform protecting, including the right of my fellow citizens to disagree with me. . .


The armed forces are a really special breed of people, I have friends in the services (Army, Royal Navy) and family who have been in the services (father, RN, brother RAF, grandfather, Merchant Navy etc.) and I respect your stance on wishing to protect the rights of people within your country to murder almost 10,000 people a year with a gun as well as protecting their rights to take their guns up and shoot you when you fulfil your duty to protect your president and the people revolt with the guns that you protected. Sorry that's a bit flippant but, well, we in the UK are not perfect when it comes to gun crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre 17 deaths

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre 18 deaths (very, very much like your recent massacre, Andy Murray - the tennis player - was in that school at the time)

Maybe it's a difference between European and American mindset, your "right to bear arms" is a right that is, in principle, a right to kill people (and even your government), over here we're more inclined to give people the right to life (it's enshrined in the Human Rights Act in fact) but I think if any country in Europe were to have 75,000 (non fatal) gun related incidents per year, it might just make them think that something should change.

/edit @ above - oh, zombies? Now that's a different matter, though during the zombie invasion you would eventually run out of bullets so you should consider a sword, or a chainsaw and cheerleader outfit.
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

mhibicke wrote:

But don't expect using facts to argue with beliefs to be effective.


Best statement in the entire thread, imo.
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / ICQ / Skype (ask)
Offline
Posted 12/22/12
I vote for nukes in every house. More nukes mean more peace and freedom.
25221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

Eddy120876 wrote:

Can we stop this "Obama is taking my right away" crap. I mean seriously can you point to me any rights that were taken away? Can't find one then no need to spew crap. Only right wing nut jobs believe that the President wants to take your rights yet can't prove a damn thing. Ps if you love your guns good for you since you know most have been buying more guns since President Obama became the Potus.


Will Obama try to take our guns? chances are no, but I've seen plenty of liberal and foreign commentators between now and last Friday stating that is exactly what they would want to happen. are these people apt to get what they want? probably not...would I be naive not to be on my guard against those types of people, absolutely yes.

also as far as rights being taken away...
NDAA (goodbye due process and habeous corpus)
patriot act (bye 4th amendment)
drone stikes killing American Citizens (due process again)
TSA groping me every time i go to the air port (4th amendment)
death tax (right to property)
"progressive" income tax (right to keep what I earn)
people have been detained for what they write on the internet (there goes 1st amendment)
federal government threatening the state of Texas with a blockade in the event Texes passes a law to restrict the TSA (bye 10 amendment)

i can go on and on and on...if you really think you arent losing rights on daily basis, you are naive...or are you one of those people who only complain about rights and war when a republican is in office. (by the way im not a republican)
47864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/12
Less adjectives would benefit the message of that video... unless he was going for the paranoid nutjob vibe. Hell, he might even be right, but now I feel like banning guns and pissing on the Constitution just to provoke him. In fact, now that I think about it, I'll bet that guy works for Obama.

"Hey, I know I'm going to have some opposition on this, so I need you to make a reasonable idea sound completely nuts. Can you do it?"


Sesshoumaru-sama wrote:

I vote for nukes in every house. More nukes mean more peace and freedom.

Seems legit.
Posted 12/22/12

Sesshoumaru-sama wrote:

I vote for nukes in every house. More nukes mean more peace and freedom.


Yaaayyy!! Mutually assured destruction, if you blow me up I'll definitely blow you up.

What you mad bro? Come at me bro.

Posted 12/22/12 , edited 12/22/12
Well, to somewhat paraphrase a line form The Myth Series of books by.. I think it's Robert Aspin? ...(I read em a long time ago):
'If you can't dazzle em with intellect; baffle em with bullshi-t!' One of my all time favorite quotes.

Here's a little from what I've seen this week and in my life, (take it or leave it).
I have a good aquaintance who owns a gun store. As of Tuesday they were sold out of every Kalisnikov (AK-47 and AR(m-16/M-4)style rifles. They were also selling the last of all the hi capacity pistols and other wepons. (HI-CAP=more than 10 rds-(bullets). almost all the ammo for these was gone too. They're distributors had no more weapons of these styles to send.
Wal-Mart was sold out all AR style rifles, and almost, if not all the ammo for these as well 9mm parabellum (luger).

Personal opinion (matters for nothing)
Nothing like a Democrat in the White House and a mass shooting to send sales through the roof! I think the gun lobby and manufacturers should be nicer, atleast under the table, to the so called Liberals, they're the best thing for business next to war...

So far the only rights I feel I had violated, (again take it or leave it), was back in 2002-2004 after the Patriot Act was passed. My phone lines were tapped. I know because I pulled the bugs out myself and the 'phone company', (using the van of a company that hadn't been a local carrier for almost 3 years), showed up to 'fix' the line... My neighbor from Belgium also received the same service.
Well, maybe that was part of my benefits for having spent 15 1/2 years in the U.S. miltary and having friends overseas?

Anyway, Obli Dee-Obli dah... Pass the Popcorn! :D
MCK
20517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

Lexxuk wrote:


moonhawk81 wrote:

I congratulate you on your nation's low firearms-related murder rate. Honestly, I do. However, I must kindly invite you to keep your statistics away from my rights. Rights, I might add, that I spent 8 years in uniform protecting, including the right of my fellow citizens to disagree with me. . .


The armed forces are a really special breed of people, I have friends in the services (Army, Royal Navy) and family who have been in the services (father, RN, brother RAF, grandfather, Merchant Navy etc.) and I respect your stance on wishing to protect the rights of people within your country to murder almost 10,000 people a year with a gun as well as protecting their rights to take their guns up and shoot you when you fulfil your duty to protect your president and the people revolt with the guns that you protected. Sorry that's a bit flippant but, well, we in the UK are not perfect when it comes to gun crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre 17 deaths

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre 18 deaths (very, very much like your recent massacre, Andy Murray - the tennis player - was in that school at the time)

Maybe it's a difference between European and American mindset, your "right to bear arms" is a right that is, in principle, a right to kill people (and even your government), over here we're more inclined to give people the right to life (it's enshrined in the Human Rights Act in fact) but I think if any country in Europe were to have 75,000 (non fatal) gun related incidents per year, it might just make them think that something should change.

/edit @ above - oh, zombies? Now that's a different matter, though during the zombie invasion you would eventually run out of bullets so you should consider a sword, or a chainsaw and cheerleader outfit.


Ouch! Nice post.
38825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

Lexxuk wrote:
oh, zombies? Now that's a different matter, though during the zombie invasion you would eventually run out of bullets so you should consider a sword, or a chainsaw and cheerleader outfit.


Got the swords and little skirts covered, although I personally think biker leathers would be safer (without sacrificing sexy). Zombies should have a hard time chewing through tanned leather. Ammo would certainly be an issue, and I'd want to save rifle ammo and shotgun shells for hunting game, but you can't say that a crate of RPGs wouldn't come in handy against a zombie horde.
I have a plan for a zombie assault vehicle (shown below), on which I intend to mount a holster for my cricket bat.
34662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/22/12
i believe many of you fail to see the true point of the 2nd amendment , it is incase the government decides to rise against the people , or ignore the people the people must have a means to rise back, that is the true purpose of the second amendment , not as much for hunters ect. thats liberty and pursuit of happiness
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/22/12


I thought Obama wanted to implode your guns before he took the economy.

That's what I get for believing what other people say without actually looking at facts and coming to a conclusion based on logic and reason.
64240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

moonhawk81 wrote:


I congratulate you on your nation's low firearms-related murder rate. Honestly, I do. However, I must kindly invite you to keep your statistics away from my rights. Rights, I might add, that I spent 8 years in uniform protecting, including the right of my fellow citizens to disagree with me. . .


So you're saying that you're fine with the occasional massacre as long as you keep the right to own a small piece of metal that launches out smaller pieces of metal.
44366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 12/22/12

Tethler wrote:


moonhawk81 wrote:


I congratulate you on your nation's low firearms-related murder rate. Honestly, I do. However, I must kindly invite you to keep your statistics away from my rights. Rights, I might add, that I spent 8 years in uniform protecting, including the right of my fellow citizens to disagree with me. . .


So you're saying that you're fine with the occasional massacre as long as you keep the right to own a small piece of metal that launches out smaller pieces of metal.


Loaded question much there?

Also, simply having a gun doesn't lead to massacres. They would have happened anyway. Gun or No gun.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.