First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime and Girls
1430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Where I is
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

Eddy120876 wrote:


jmoore1110 wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:

Haha there's a ton of us out there! Most of us are closet fans though. I mean we don't just go around randomly yelling to the general public "hey we like anime!!!"


I totally agree with the closet fan thing. I mean, I love anime & it's not like I hide the fact, but it honestly never comes up. Perhaps it's just my circle of friends, but it's not exactly a popular subject. Only maybe my best friend knows that I'm into anime (and this other random guy I met once because he showed me pics of his Gundam 00 model he was working on lol) and even then I don't think she quite understands what I mean. I guess the misconception is that anime is only Bleach or Naruto or Gundam or something. She also can't wrap her brain around the reason someone would watch anything in subtitles. But I can't totally blame her though. I used to think some of the same things until I gave it a chance. Now I can't get enough!


Also the sub helps you increase your reading speed . I had notice before and after. i started to read the subs now i can read a novel in 3 days(finish the lord of the ring the trilogy in 9 days and the hobbit in 2 days top). I do agree with you with the people looking at you funny when you say you love Anime or Manga . I was the same deal with video games during the late 80 and 90's until everybody and their mother got into. I just hope is sooner for the Anime & Manga.


You may have a point there, actually. I never really realized, but, now that I think about it, I do read faster...I'll have to remember to bring that up the next time she says that lol
20040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
Talking to a cute girl who loves anime ftw
1430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Where I is
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

kero_and_suppi wrote:


jmoore1110 wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:

Haha there's a ton of us out there! Most of us are closet fans though. I mean we don't just go around randomly yelling to the general public "hey we like anime!!!"


I totally agree with the closet fan thing. I mean, I love anime & it's not like I hide the fact, but it honestly never comes up. Perhaps it's just my circle of friends, but it's not exactly a popular subject. Only maybe my best friend knows that I'm into anime (and this other random guy I met once because he showed me pics of his Gundam 00 model he was working on lol) and even then I don't think she quite understands what I mean. I guess the misconception is that anime is only Bleach or Naruto or Gundam or something. She also can't wrap her brain around the reason someone would watch anything in subtitles. But I can't totally blame her though. I used to think some of the same things until I gave it a chance. Now I can't get enough!


YES! Someone that understands what I'm talking about. My best friends aren't exactly into anime anymore and they don't really watch it so we never really talk about it and I basically spend most of my free time with them. True, it is very hard to get into anime but once you've been drawn in you're in it for the long run.



Exactly! I basically keep it to myself. Sometimes I wonder what their reaction would be if they knew...
1038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
You can find girls at anime expo's or any other store that sell's anime stuff. It is pretty tough to find a girl who likes anime or even know what anime is! If you are lucky she'll be wearing an anime t-shirt or pins and other accessories around her. (Although most people look at me funny and I have a few family members who ask me if I'm aware that I'm wearing a boys shirt. -___-) But hey! If you can't find them in the streets you can talk to them here! That's kinda why I joined. Most of my anime friends live far away from me and are in school so they don't have time to talk about anime. So i look forward to make new ones here and talk about anime and other awesome stuff instead of how drunk justin beiber got.
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / London, UK
Offline
Posted 12/29/12

spensaur wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:

Haha there's a ton of us out there! Most of us are closet fans though. I mean we don't just go around randomly yelling to the general public "hey we like anime!!!"


I understand girls don't do this, i mean I don't either. But I'm wondering if you ladies throw out clues? For instance, would you walk around town with a keychain of your favorite anime character? I personally have a lot of anime accessories, NERV stickers on my phone, NERV keychains, etc.. I usually look at girl's phones to try to get a sense of character, but I rarely see them using anything besides Rikkulama/Hello Kitty if it's anywhere close to anime.


Personally, I have a handful of keychains and things hanging off my bag that show off my interests. Although, I've been kinda careful with them recently after I caught a kid on the bus trying to take one for herself. <_<

From my experience, girls tend to go for the more subtle stuff, if they have any kind of visual indication they're a fan at all. Like, the sort of things that another fan would probably recognise, but can be passed off to anyone else as just an interesting design or something. So, you gotta have an eagle eye.


-------

Also, just throwing this out there, there's the (often quite true) stereotype of anime fans being socially awkward and shy, keep in mind this applies to a lot of female fans too.

A few years ago a guy approached me in the manga section of a local bookstore and asked if I was into classics like Akira as well as what I was browsing. I ended up squeaking out a 'Yes' and then bolting because he startled me, and really regret it; but I also kinda blame him for sneaking up on me. So, yeah, you've gotta be careful about how you approach these things.
29939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 12/29/12


I've been trained in nerd reconnaissance since I was young. Well, it's good to know that the ladies of anime are also socially awkward; it makes them that much more cute. Thanks though, i'll keep all of that in mind next time I see a girl with some anime accessories if I ever do find one... I also had a good laugh at the image of you bolting out of the store and the guy left dumb founded haha. Classic.
33385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Cowboy Land
Offline
Posted 12/29/12

jmoore1110 wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:


jmoore1110 wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:

Haha there's a ton of us out there! Most of us are closet fans though. I mean we don't just go around randomly yelling to the general public "hey we like anime!!!"


I totally agree with the closet fan thing. I mean, I love anime & it's not like I hide the fact, but it honestly never comes up. Perhaps it's just my circle of friends, but it's not exactly a popular subject. Only maybe my best friend knows that I'm into anime (and this other random guy I met once because he showed me pics of his Gundam 00 model he was working on lol) and even then I don't think she quite understands what I mean. I guess the misconception is that anime is only Bleach or Naruto or Gundam or something. She also can't wrap her brain around the reason someone would watch anything in subtitles. But I can't totally blame her though. I used to think some of the same things until I gave it a chance. Now I can't get enough!


YES! Someone that understands what I'm talking about. My best friends aren't exactly into anime anymore and they don't really watch it so we never really talk about it and I basically spend most of my free time with them. True, it is very hard to get into anime but once you've been drawn in you're in it for the long run.



Exactly! I basically keep it to myself. Sometimes I wonder what their reaction would be if they knew... :blink:


Same here! They think my interest in anime died down, how wrong they are
4431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
The majority of anime and manga seems to be targeted at adolescent boys or younger children.
Hmmm... I can not say I dislike that :), but maybe that is part of the problem? Manga and anime is just more attractive to boys/males?
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
Every girl I know that likes anime is a weeaboo I mean I will freak out over anime series but only when I'm with other anime fans. NOT with everyone. Anyways I like anime and I am of the female species
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
I don't mean to offend but I don't like weeaboo much.. There are some things anime does teach you besides Japan is the best place to life in the world. You don't need to dress like them to appreciate them, but if you like to I don't have a hater problem about it, people are what they want to be. I think you should focus on the quiet people that sit in the back of the class Those have hidden potential ;)
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/29/12

SeptembeRain wrote:

I don't mean to offend but I don't like weeaboo much.. There are some things anime does teach you besides Japan is the best place to life in the world. You don't need to dress like them to appreciate them, but if you like to I don't have a hater problem about it, people are what they want to be. I think you should focus on the quiet people that sit in the back of the class Those have hidden potential ;)


Well I do agree on part but sometimes the guy or girls sitting in the back don't want to be bother LOL so we have to observe and see who is into what. Japan is great but like any other nation it has the same issues we all face: Crime,Poverty etc etc. I do appreciate everybody wether they are good or bad because each one teaches you something new everyday.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/29/12

SeptembeRain wrote:

I don't mean to offend but I don't like weeaboo much.. There are some things anime does teach you besides Japan is the best place to life in the world. You don't need to dress like them to appreciate them, but if you like to I don't have a hater problem about it, people are what they want to be. I think you should focus on the quiet people that sit in the back of the class Those have hidden potential ;)


Well I do agree on part but sometimes the guy or girls sitting in the back don't want to be bother LOL so we have to observe and see who is into what. Japan is great but like any other nation it has the same issues we all face: Crime,Poverty etc etc. I do appreciate everybody wether they are good or bad because each one teaches you something new everyday.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/29/12

jmoore1110 wrote:


Eddy120876 wrote:


jmoore1110 wrote:


kero_and_suppi wrote:

Haha there's a ton of us out there! Most of us are closet fans though. I mean we don't just go around randomly yelling to the general public "hey we like anime!!!"


I totally agree with the closet fan thing. I mean, I love anime & it's not like I hide the fact, but it honestly never comes up. Perhaps it's just my circle of friends, but it's not exactly a popular subject. Only maybe my best friend knows that I'm into anime (and this other random guy I met once because he showed me pics of his Gundam 00 model he was working on lol) and even then I don't think she quite understands what I mean. I guess the misconception is that anime is only Bleach or Naruto or Gundam or something. She also can't wrap her brain around the reason someone would watch anything in subtitles. But I can't totally blame her though. I used to think some of the same things until I gave it a chance. Now I can't get enough!


Also the sub helps you increase your reading speed . I had notice before and after. i started to read the subs now i can read a novel in 3 days(finish the lord of the ring the trilogy in 9 days and the hobbit in 2 days top). I do agree with you with the people looking at you funny when you say you love Anime or Manga . I was the same deal with video games during the late 80 and 90's until everybody and their mother got into. I just hope is sooner for the Anime & Manga.


You may have a point there, actually. I never really realized, but, now that I think about it, I do read faster...I'll have to remember to bring that up the next time she says that lol


Do it and I know your folks would be like OMG did you just finish that? no way you are joking right?. I know my mom says that when I go visit and sit to read a book at her place
Posted 12/29/12
What the hell anime is awesome XD
1801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
Nobody around me loves anime like me. Especially girls. Some guys might watch Naruto or Bleach but I can't seem to find a girl that enjoys any anime.
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.