First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime and Girls
7528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
80% of the time when i meet another girl that likes anime she's weird as hell and a little bit creepy
1605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

kloudkiller wrote:

I still dont know a girl IRL who loves anime. When bringing it up in conversation, they are like, "Is that like Aqua Teen Hunger Force?" FML. Hate my city lol


We have a niche hobby, and a nerdy one at that. So, don't expect to find them every time you're curious just because the hobby boasts a large number of women in the community, or to be open about it. That said, why are you so interested in finding them? Or, are you just looking for a mate?

If you just want to meet up and chew the fat, you should try your local anime clubs and conventions.
ItsMev 
29889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

_Jurnee_ wrote:

That Aqua Bla bla bla show is crap.
Make them watch anime! Force anime down their frickin throat hole. Like a gentleman though. <3


Why doesn't this logic seem to apply to my penis? I just end up in jail every time...I don't even understand.

Always like a gentleman.
2038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

Cyberpirate wrote:

Same as my place, then. No one here seems to enjoy anime as much as I do. Even though, I hardly watch any now that Bleach is done...


Bleach is not done...
24321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/25/12 , edited 12/25/12
Nope,, I don't think I've met any girl IRL that watches it, but I guess it's like gaming, It's hard to just find 1 girl playing a game and IRL that will be harder. (Even though it's getting more and more out there now, because of YouTube) It's just because society thinks that it's weird as of yet. But it's getting more accepted while times goes on.
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Anywhere in the w...
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
Luckily I found some girls playing games and watch anime
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
Most of the girls in my area are into football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and "reality shows". I only know of one who's into anime and manga.

I may not watch sports and I don't watch as much anime as I once did, but I also watch wrestling.
28770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / U.K
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
i had one of my female friend .....who liked and watched anime ...but sadly she transferred to another college ...but no worries ...i introduced some of my fav animes to a female classmate and she liked it and she started watching other series too ......good that i have some friends that have same interest ......the last college i was in had no one who enjoyed anime and manga
67890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

LordErgoProxy wrote:


Cyberpirate wrote:

Same as my place, then. No one here seems to enjoy anime as much as I do. Even though, I hardly watch any now that Bleach is done...


Bleach is not done...


The Bleach anime is
eos 
25750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / New York
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

kloudkiller wrote:

I still dont know a girl IRL who loves anime. When bringing it up in conversation, they are like, "Is that like Aqua Teen Hunger Force?" FML. Hate my city lol




ಠ_ಠ


528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / philippines
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
maybe you arent looking at the right places to find girls wo enjoy manga and anime..
i know quite a few...
kunino 
28402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Somerset, UK
Offline
Posted 12/25/12
There are a couple of girls where I work who are in to anime. They're quite casual fans, though; mostly into fighty-shounen stuff.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/25/12 , edited 12/25/12
Is kind of weird but i do agree some girls are not into anime at all. If you do mention one they automatically go is it like (insert show here) or another cartoon show?. Is like they dismiss Anime as anything but kids show even if say anime has a super mature plot. For example i was talking to a coworker about kimi ni todoke. we both are guys and we agree that it was a great Anime and that it could make girls watch it but as soon as we finish one of our female coworkers didn't even see it and automatically say thats a children's show. So I disagree with her and I brought my Ipad to work the next day so she could see it.

What was her complain it wasn't the show which she agree it was sweet and it makes you think about relationships but instead ....The usual "why is there's subtitle why ins't it in english. Yet most people fail to realize that watching a show with subtitles increases your reading and concentration. I do wish this attitude changes because we need more female Anime fans all over the world.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Online
Posted 12/25/12

Eddy120876 wrote:

Is kind of weird but i do agree some girls are not into anime at all. If you do mention one they automatically go is it like (insert show here) or another cartoon show?. Is like they dismiss Anime as anything but kids show even if say anime has a super mature plot. For example i was talking to a coworker about kimi ni todoke. we both are guys and we agree that it was a great Anime and that it could make girls watch it but as soon as we finish one of our female coworkers didn't even see it and automatically say thats a children's show. So I disagree with her and I brought my Ipad to work the next day so she could see it.

What was her complain it wasn't the show which she agree it was sweet and it makes you think about relationships but instead ....The usual "why is there's subtitle why ins't it in english. Yet most people fail to realize that watching a show with subtitles increases your reading and concentration. I do wish this attitude changes because we need more female Anime fans all over the world.


Ah, the issue that often leads to sub/dub wars: "Reading is too hard!" (Total sarcasm, though I know that what it boils down to for some people...I also know it's true that some can appreciate it more if they can understand the dialogue, and I'm not directing this snark at them.)

I've known more than my share of female anime fans: my best friend of 20 years, who also is a fairly well known AMV editor; my wonderful girlfriend; and all but one of my exes being among them.

The one ex who was an exception had it in her mind that anything remotely ecchi was exploitative and pandering to the fans, to the point of saying that "Any anime that has fanservice (I should note that she was specific to add, ANY, male or female) should be banned"...but she was fine with the content of her Laurel K. Hamilton books. She had no issue with the explicit nature of the books, only because they were words in a book. Now, I liked the books, too; but I thought that was a bit of a hypocritical position to take.

Even funnier to me, she thought Vandread was over the top, even knowing that the initial fanservice gets toned down in place of the story as it goes on, but she absolutely loved Mahoromatic, in which the fanservice only gets ramped up through most of it. She saw Mahoromatic first.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 12/25/12

Spazticus wrote:


Eddy120876 wrote:

Is kind of weird but i do agree some girls are not into anime at all. If you do mention one they automatically go is it like (insert show here) or another cartoon show?. Is like they dismiss Anime as anything but kids show even if say anime has a super mature plot. For example i was talking to a coworker about kimi ni todoke. we both are guys and we agree that it was a great Anime and that it could make girls watch it but as soon as we finish one of our female coworkers didn't even see it and automatically say thats a children's show. So I disagree with her and I brought my Ipad to work the next day so she could see it.

What was her complain it wasn't the show which she agree it was sweet and it makes you think about relationships but instead ....The usual "why is there's subtitle why ins't it in english. Yet most people fail to realize that watching a show with subtitles increases your reading and concentration. I do wish this attitude changes because we need more female Anime fans all over the world.


Ah, the issue that often leads to sub/dub wars: "Reading is too hard!" (Total sarcasm, though I know that what it boils down to for some people...I also know it's true that some can appreciate it more if they can understand the dialogue, and I'm not directing this snark at them.)

I've known more than my share of female anime fans: my best friend of 20 years, who also is a fairly well known AMV editor; my wonderful girlfriend; and all but one of my exes being among them.

The one ex who was an exception had it in her mind that anything remotely ecchi was exploitative and pandering to the fans, to the point of saying that "Any anime that has fanservice (I should note that she was specific to add, ANY, male or female) should be banned"...but she was fine with the content of her Laurel K. Hamilton books. She had no issue with the explicit nature of the books, only because they were words in a book. Now, I liked the books, too; but I thought that was a bit of a hypocritical position to take.

Even funnier to me, she thought Vandread was over the top, even knowing that the initial fanservice gets toned down in place of the story as it goes on, but she absolutely loved Mahoromatic, in which the fanservice only gets ramped up through most of it. She saw Mahoromatic first.


I agree with your 100% the funny part is when i see those girls saying " but sub sucks because it make you take your eye out of the story" when it reality it speeds up your eye and reading speed LOL. Oh yeah Vandread was a better anime then the manga and the fan service was very subdue. True Mahoromatic was insane when it came to the fan service another one you can include on the fan service is my beloved High school of the Dead. Speaking of women that hate fan service but love super smutty books.Don't you find it hillarious when you see an exec or a mom reading 50 shades of gray in public? I know i can't stop smirking or laughing .
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.