First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Anime and Girls
34202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Online
Posted 1/4/13

_Jurnee_ wrote:

That Aqua Bla bla bla show is crap.
Make them watch anime! Force anime down their frickin throat hole. Like a gentleman though. <3


LMFAO i laughed so hard.
12121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
ik one girl irl tht likes anime
8555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Bronx New York
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
If a girl does not like anime and its not intrested am will not be into her at all.
49935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
For me what I've observed is there is little interest in anime from both genders, not just female... outside of Japan (heck, even in Japan, there are people who don't know what anime is).

And even the ones who do watch something like Naruto, they're just not devoted enough to want to talk about anime in general.

I am religiously devoted to anime because as a child, I've been exposed to a lot of storytelling, so naturally, one of my favourite form of entertainment is storytelling and anime fits that aspect for me.

Music is another form of entertainment that I'm very devoted to, I'm just very sensitive to voice and lyrics... some songs make me feel so good... like this line from Amy Winehouse's Me and Mr Jones, "What kind of fuckery is this? You've made me miss the Slick Rick gig"... those words just string together so perfectly.

What I'm getting at is that... what we're exposed to as a child can determine our interests as an adult... and I'm assuming most people don't have that luxury.

I'm just lucky I accidentally discovered things that touched my heart and carved its name there.

When I was a child, I listened to the Carpenters' Yesterday Once More and Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody and I watched "Spirited Away" by accident that made me delve further into the anime world and discovered "Death Note"... these things are the reasons that drive me to become an anime and music fanatic.

I wouldn't be so fanatic without discovering the best of the forms of entertainment that I like as an adult.

I mean if I grew up being exposed to Britney Spears or only Dragonball Z and naruto, I don't think I'd be so fanatic about music or anime... they're not memorable or can make you feel emotional (whether happy or nostalgic).
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
where I live, it's actually hard to find even males who like anime :-x
794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

For me what I've observed is there is little interest in anime from both genders, not just female... outside of Japan (heck, even in Japan, there are people who don't know what anime is).

And even the ones who do watch something like Naruto, they're just not devoted enough to want to talk about anime in general.

I am religiously devoted to anime because as a child, I've been exposed to a lot of storytelling, so naturally, one of my favourite form of entertainment is storytelling and anime fits that aspect for me.

Music is another form of entertainment that I'm very devoted to, I'm just very sensitive to voice and lyrics... some songs make me feel so good... like this line from Amy Winehouse's Me and Mr Jones, "What kind of fuckery is this? You've made me miss the Slick Rick gig"... those words just string together so perfectly.

What I'm getting at is that... what we're exposed to as a child can determine our interests as an adult... and I'm assuming most people don't have that luxury.

I'm just lucky I accidentally discovered things that touched my heart and carved its name there.

When I was a child, I listened to the Carpenters' Yesterday Once More and Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody and I watched "Spirited Away" by accident that made me delve further into the anime world and discovered "Death Note"... these things are the reasons that drive me to become an anime and music fanatic.

I wouldn't be so fanatic without discovering the best of the forms of entertainment that I like as an adult.

I mean if I grew up being exposed to Britney Spears or only Dragonball Z and naruto, I don't think I'd be so fanatic about music or anime... they're not memorable or can make you feel emotional (whether happy or nostalgic).


Excellent analysis but the part about Britney is kind of a slippery slide since music taste do change real fast. I do agree about people not wanting to know about Anime or into it but thats because most have a prejudice towards by usually calling it "childish or too perverted" About DBZ and Naruto Im a big time fan(so big I do have several wall scroll because posters suck) but is not the only two series I love. For me Each branch of the great anime tree is a pleasure to explore and get into.
794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

SquiddyDoo wrote:

where I live, it's actually hard to find even males who like anime :-x


That the case with some states on the US. Where the geography makes it had to meet and mingle and sometimes the attitude of the people makes it a turn off. They say all New yorkers are mean and aggressive.(sometimes is too true) but I tend to find some nice people once in awhile
794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

ShinnAsukaGSD wrote:

If a girl does not like anime and its not intrested am will not be into her at all.


Thats a common thing in here with some of us guys. "If they are not into anime at all I'm not talking to he"r. I understand your point but I believe the best way to attract then into the anime world is to find something that will tickle their fancy and guide then from there. Unless they hate all form of animation then is a lost cause.
23010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
First of all, you can't force anyone to start liking something! Of course you can introduce it but if they don't like it, they don't, accept it.

Secondly, if you want to meet girls that "likes anime", go to your closest anime convention, there is a lot of girls there (Actually, in my experience, mostly girls).
To explain the; " " - marks, it depends on what you mean by saying "girls who like anime". There are a lot of girls that have watched series like "Naruto" or "Bleach" or something else and only that, and is more interested in Japanese culture in general (Fashion/Music/Dramas and so on) but still say that they "like anime" (This is the kind of girls that I mostly know). These girls are easy to spot though since they usually wear some kind of Japanese fashion.
Then we have the type of girl that "likes anime" equals "likes yaoi"(/or whatever), these are the fangirls, these are the weaboos, the bad cosplayers, these are the people that makes me ashamed of liking anime. I used to be a little like that too (And yes, I'm ashamed of it).
But when it comes to my type of "liking anime" (follows the shows airing in japan, looks up new animes season by season, can recognize a VA by their voice, and so on ... ) then, even I have a hard time meeting them. I have met one girl irl whom I could discuss animes that was airing in Japan with but she ... Had a pretty weird personality so in the end, I'd rather keep my anime interest to myself.

Thirdly, to know if I like anime would be hard to spot. I would never wear an anime print shirt in public (For two reasons; 1. I care about fashion 2. It would generally be considered weird) But on occasion I wear gyaru-ish fashion, so you could probably tell that I like Japan.
But my phone does have an anime wallpaper and I do have the CR app, and I would like to get my hands on one of those "Dominator-PSYCHO-PASS" - iPhone cases (Not the ones with chibis on ... ) Soooo if you spotted my phone you could probably tell as well.

to end this post I have to say, this is not my CR account, if you'd like to talk to me do so on MAL where my username is 2219.
794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

hampe wrote:

First of all, you can't force anyone to start liking something! Of course you can introduce it but if they don't like it, they don't, accept it.

Secondly, if you want to meet girls that "likes anime", go to your closest anime convention, there is a lot of girls there (Actually, in my experience, mostly girls).
To explain the; " " - marks, it depends on what you mean by saying "girls who like anime". There are a lot of girls that have watched series like "Naruto" or "Bleach" or something else and only that, and is more interested in Japanese culture in general (Fashion/Music/Dramas and so on) but still say that they "like anime" (This is the kind of girls that I mostly know). These girls are easy to spot though since they usually wear some kind of Japanese fashion.
Then we have the type of girl that "likes anime" equals "likes yaoi"(/or whatever), these are the fangirls, these are the weaboos, the bad cosplayers, these are the people that makes me ashamed of liking anime. I used to be a little like that too (And yes, I'm ashamed of it).
But when it comes to my type of "liking anime" (follows the shows airing in japan, looks up new animes season by season, can recognize a VA by their voice, and so on ... ) then, even I have a hard time meeting them. I have met one girl irl whom I could discuss animes that was airing in Japan with but she ... Had a pretty weird personality so in the end, I'd rather keep my anime interest to myself.

Thirdly, to know if I like anime would be hard to spot. I would never wear an anime print shirt in public (For two reasons; 1. I care about fashion 2. It would generally be considered weird) But on occasion I wear gyaru-ish fashion, so you could probably tell that I like Japan.
But my phone does have an anime wallpaper and I do have the CR app, and I would like to get my hands on one of those "Dominator-PSYCHO-PASS" - iPhone cases (Not the ones with chibis on ... ) Soooo if you spotted my phone you could probably tell as well.

to end this post I have to say, this is not my CR account, if you'd like to talk to me do so on MAL where my username is 2219.


Well I agree with your statement but I didn't say you have to force then. What i said was introduce then to anime little by little.

Well depends since Anime fest in NYC is gone and was introduce into ComicCon. Yes I do like Naruto,Bleach etc :D


Depends on the fashion you are trying to make . a nice t-shirt with a small logo is better then a giants one. also the P.P case you have to do some seach on Ebay japan to get it. My ipad does have a High school of the Dead background but my Iphone has a picture of my mom,dad,brother,sister and me.
20099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Orlando, FL
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
As with most things in life there will always be those that like something, those that don’t and those that can care less either way. Not everyone is into sports but that doesn’t make those that are bad, just different. Sports is a good example of the gender split as it is heavily enjoyed by the male gender and not so much by the female gender…or not as much I guess I should say. I know plenty of female sports fanatics. Anime itself is fairly new, especially to western culture and often it bears a dark stigma. Older “Parental” types see anime as ecchi or hentai which is to say they just don’t understand what anime is. Common society behavior is “If you don’t understand it then it must be bad and needs to be shunned”. Much like movies, there are kinds of gene for anime and while certainly some might be the ecchi\hentai type a great many more are not.

Rather than see the glass as almost empty (no girls to share anime with) see it instead as simply an empty cup waiting to be filled. If you truly love anime and are not afraid to admit it then be proud to tell friends, be they male or female, that you watch it. It shouldn’t be any harder than saying “I like to play basketball”. If they give you a funny look then ask them what they think anime is. You might be surprised by their answer. Rather than seeing them as putting you or your anime down, see it as a chance to change their opinion and educate them. Show them any of the Key productions or any other anime that you enjoy and you feel comfortable viewing in mixed company. If they still see anime as only pornographic, or worse yet “cartoons”, then chances are things with them wouldn’t have worked out in the first place.

Also, if you’re in or near a major city there is a very good chance that there are anime\manga groups that meet locally. Do some research on google to see what is in your area. College towns will usually also have groups as well, though they may not be open to the general public, however it never hurts to ask. Lastly, if you’re looking for some pretty girl to watch anime with keep in mind that al girls are cute or pretty in their own way. You may not find a girlfriend to date but you may find a real friend that shares your love of anime. Don’t be afraid of being told no or not being understood. The only thing holding you back from finding others, yes even girls, like you is yourself.
8555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Bronx New York
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
You have a point there but for me thats to much work lol.
794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

DoinNada wrote:

As with most things in life there will always be those that like something, those that don’t and those that can care less either way. Not everyone is into sports but that doesn’t make those that are bad, just different. Sports is a good example of the gender split as it is heavily enjoyed by the male gender and not so much by the female gender…or not as much I guess I should say. I know plenty of female sports fanatics. Anime itself is fairly new, especially to western culture and often it bears a dark stigma. Older “Parental” types see anime as ecchi or hentai which is to say they just don’t understand what anime is. Common society behavior is “If you don’t understand it then it must be bad and needs to be shunned”. Much like movies, there are kinds of gene for anime and while certainly some might be the ecchi\hentai type a great many more are not.

Rather than see the glass as almost empty (no girls to share anime with) see it instead as simply an empty cup waiting to be filled. If you truly love anime and are not afraid to admit it then be proud to tell friends, be they male or female, that you watch it. It shouldn’t be any harder than saying “I like to play basketball”. If they give you a funny look then ask them what they think anime is. You might be surprised by their answer. Rather than seeing them as putting you or your anime down, see it as a chance to change their opinion and educate them. Show them any of the Key productions or any other anime that you enjoy and you feel comfortable viewing in mixed company. If they still see anime as only pornographic, or worse yet “cartoons”, then chances are things with them wouldn’t have worked out in the first place.

Also, if you’re in or near a major city there is a very good chance that there are anime\manga groups that meet locally. Do some research on google to see what is in your area. College towns will usually also have groups as well, though they may not be open to the general public, however it never hurts to ask. Lastly, if you’re looking for some pretty girl to watch anime with keep in mind that al girls are cute or pretty in their own way. You may not find a girlfriend to date but you may find a real friend that shares your love of anime. Don’t be afraid of being told no or not being understood. The only thing holding you back from finding others, yes even girls, like you is yourself.


just the first part of your opinion is so true. Women either hate it or love sports. And Man can they ruin your day if they hate it(my ex used to hate sundays during the fall. I would tell everybody don't call or show up sunday. You can see me any days but sunday) she would barge into my house and just nag about my hobby . Also about parents thinking anime is just hentai and ecchi yup specially after some newscast talked about Lablue girl (good god that really mess up parents heads) . I like the "see it instead as simply an empty cup waiting to be filled."I might have to do some more research about anime groups here in NYC.
37870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Planet Siren
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
This should be retitled to "anime and the general public view," not just of the opposite gender. It almost comes down to luck and location. Like in my part of Wisconsin, the idea of anime is almost non-existent. And while I have talked to girls at conventions that annually come around. It seems outside of that atmosphere that mentioning anime is not acceptable. Like its easy to talk with any other person on these forums because we are all on CR because we like anime. But I understand what the OP is saying, try to mention or bring up anime in real life and its like getting this reaction

Its like a hobby/interest that for the most part, you keep to yourself and if you do have a circle of friends or acquaintances that you can share the common interest, great. If not then yeah, you see it as "no one else that I know likes anime."
Posted 1/4/13
i no about 1 ^^
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.