First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime and Girls
Posted 1/4/13

darkfire9o9 wrote:


_Jurnee_ wrote:

That Aqua Bla bla bla show is crap.
Make them watch anime! Force anime down their frickin throat hole. Like a gentleman though. <3


LMFAO i laughed so hard.


Lovely. Glad you did.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

RADX888 wrote:

This should be retitled to "anime and the general public view," not just of the opposite gender. It almost comes down to luck and location. Like in my part of Wisconsin, the idea of anime is almost non-existent. And while I have talked to girls at conventions that annually come around. It seems outside of that atmosphere that mentioning anime is not acceptable. Like its easy to talk with any other person on these forums because we are all on CR because we like anime. But I understand what the OP is saying, try to mention or bring up anime in real life and its like getting this reaction

Its like a hobby/interest that for the most part, you keep to yourself and if you do have a circle of friends or acquaintances that you can share the common interest, great. If not then yeah, you see it as "no one else that I know likes anime."


I see that reaction in real life. where you talk to somebody and they look at you like this "oh no another one of those guys" That sucks
35840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Planet Siren
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
Yeah, the general perception (here at least) is that anime is like cartoons and for some reason it is a cultural assumption that once you reach a certain age. That you are supposed to give up on all of that stuff and watch day time talk shows, sports and the weather channel (not saying everybody watches those things, but just using as an example).
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

RADX888 wrote:

Yeah, the general perception (here at least) is that anime is like cartoons and for some reason it is a cultural assumption that once you reach a certain age. That you are supposed to give up on all of that stuff and watch day time talk shows, sports and the weather channel (not saying everybody watches those things, but just using as an example).


Yeah and those folks that tell to stop watching anime are not happy with their day time crap. sports is a different matter since you only go by seasons so you have to fill in the off days end of the game and off seasons. (That's how I do it :D). The issue I have with folks that dismiss anime because they think is cartoony are the folks that lost their inner children (aka imagination and inspiration)
17022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/13 , edited 1/6/13
I personally cannot understand why people do not accept anime, for me it is a great art form. I also find the stories and plots far more interesting than the majority of American media. When I see shows like jersey shore or some of the other reality shows and read articles about these people's celebrity status I feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one. Whereas when I watch a good anime I get to see all the detailed drawings and very deep thoughtful plots I feel inspired.

In my humble opinion no one should be ashamed to admit they watch anime or read manga. As many have pointed out on this thread those who would mock or belittle us for enjoying this art have probably lost their imagination and appreciation for art and creativity. I am happy to be a member of this community and hope that I can meet some great people here even though I tend to be socially awkward.

p.s. to the member who said Cowboy Bebop is their favorite anime I am totally with you on that. the ending was very tragic and I still have a hard time watching it without becoming very upset.
23907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Online
Posted 1/6/13
You want girls to like anime.Well for starts there are ways if they like Comic movies such as DC or Marvel that a good start. A lot of them do know about Comic-Con and even anime on Adult Swim. If they never heard of Bleach,DBZ,Pokemon, well that more of a challenge.When the new season of The Legend of Korra goes on Nick have them watch it.
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

lordseth23 wrote:

At least you can talk to girls.


I was once a massive otaku but now I'm a PUA. I'll take real girls over anime chicks. I've seen pics of body pillows--are Japanese anime fans really that ronery? They all need to start reading David DeAngelo, Mystery, Neil Strauss, etc. I've used that shit on women and they lap it up. Why don't they actually find real chicks instead of clinging to girls who never were? They're CARTOON CHARACTERS. If you must lust after a cartoon chick, anime or otherwise, find a girl who cosplays!

I still watch anime, but I've also added wrestling to the mix. All's I gotta say about the current crop of anime: GIVE US SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE!
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

Kuro_No_Shinigami wrote:

I personally cannot understand why people do not accept anime, for me it is a great art form. I also find the stories and plots far more interesting than the majority of American media. When I see shows like jersey shore or some of the other reality shows and read articles about these people's celebrity status I feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one. Whereas when I watch a good anime I get to see all the detailed drawings and very deep thoughtful plots I feel inspired.

In my humble opinion no one should be ashamed to admit they watch anime or read manga. As many have pointed out on this thread those who would mock or belittle us for enjoying this art have probably lost their imagination and appreciation for art and creativity. I am happy to be a member of this community and hope that I can meet some great people here even though I tend to be socially awkward.

p.s. to the member who said Cowboy Bebop is their favorite anime I am totally with you on that. the ending was very tragic and I still have a hard time watching it without becoming very upset.


I agree with you 100% Anime is just another great art form . Please don't get me started on the "Reality TV " where the only thing real is the title. Also with Anime you can show many part of a story without saying a single word something that is hard to capture with real life actor. I agree you should never feel ashamed of loving anime specially if the person that is trying to shame you love the jersey shore. LOL.


Cowboy Bebop is a classic on its own. Great story,great art work,voice over,and great music. So great the music that i purchase the CD straight from Japan(at the time it was over 30 bucks plus tax) and yes the ending is very Sad. Also the Movie was release in the states and i saw it at the early showing right before work(7 am showing) Best damn morning ever aside from sept 21 2004
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

FLjerry2011 wrote:

You want girls to like anime.Well for starts there are ways if they like Comic movies such as DC or Marvel that a good start. A lot of them do know about Comic-Con and even anime on Adult Swim. If they never heard of Bleach,DBZ,Pokemon, well that more of a challenge.When the new season of The Legend of Korra goes on Nick have them watch it.


Correct ComicCon is a good place to meet folks that are into anime but is a hassle because the event is so huge. Also yes can't wait for the Legend of Korra one heck of a show.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

At least you can talk to girls.


I was once a massive otaku but now I'm a PUA. I'll take real girls over anime chicks. I've seen pics of body pillows--are Japanese anime fans really that ronery? They all need to start reading David DeAngelo, Mystery, Neil Strauss, etc. I've used that shit on women and they lap it up. Why don't they actually find real chicks instead of clinging to girls who never were? They're CARTOON CHARACTERS. If you must lust after a cartoon chick, anime or otherwise, find a girl who cosplays!

I still watch anime, but I've also added wrestling to the mix. All's I gotta say about the current crop of anime: GIVE US SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE!


Well, theres some folks are are into weird fetiches but I'm nobody to judge since I'm not God. So do as you like in the privacy of your own home also the part that i find funny is that some girls say we guys are weird if we are into adult content yet they are the first one reading "Fifty shades of gray" a very X rated book LOL.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/6/13 , edited 1/6/13
Best Damn video of what makes you an Otaku(by Shoko Nakagawa) LMAO:

Part one: http://youtu.be/KeujgUpXUnM

Part two: http://youtu.be/zSKxUPaVsOI
560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
lol i know many many many girls that are anime lovers! && about 15 of them that are hardcore anime lovers as myself! lol I mean the anime club at my high school consisted mostly of girls rather then guys! lol but maybe that is just here in my city... who knows! lol
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/7/13

Sukihime wrote:

lol i know many many many girls that are anime lovers! && about 15 of them that are hardcore anime lovers as myself! lol I mean the anime club at my high school consisted mostly of girls rather then guys! lol but maybe that is just here in my city... who knows! lol


dang lucky band of friends.
749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
Well I looks like the Frenzy in here is dying down...ooh man
70558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
you go to a convention see all the cosplays

put on your glasses that filters out dudes and you'd be suprised that a lot are girls
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
I have nerdy female friends who like comics, dr. who, that kind of stuff but not anime. It's fairly uncommon, or nobody in my circle of friends just wants to admit they watch anime regularly; including me.
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.