First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
What do other countries think about americans in general.
351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
How dare you say we Americans don't know what goes on in other countries, for example I know people in England like tea. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/31/12
AMERICA!!!!! = BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPS!!!!!
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 12/31/12
Seems like a lot of people here like to speak for others instead of just speaking for themselves when it comes to questions like this.
Posted 12/31/12
Hmmm for me, I'd say it's Americans are ignorant &+ loud. Many of which i know of don't know anything about the rest of the world like WOW! It's actually quite amazing TBH. Also, they are very loud people like, you can hear one from a distance in restaurants or even just on the streets. Despite their ignorance, most Americans were fascinated by learning anything about the UK or Europe and were really willing to travel to see it all. As for the USA....I think we're all a bit sick of hearing about the presidential race because we've got nothing to do with it, yet it makes up the most of our news. Come here, embrace everything and just enjoy!
49163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

BearSol wrote:


FacelessRed wrote:


BearSol wrote:



You see, I avoided slinging names around because It's unnecessary, but I guess you wanted to cross the boundary. If you notice my age, and the fact I spent 13 years there, how old do you think I was when I lived there? Do you really think I'm the same person I was when I was in America? If that's not something you know, then calling me a Bigot, and having an Ill attitude as the cause of my experience with Americans, is not only a very poor assumption, but unnecessary mud-slinging.

I gave my opinion based on my experiences, that's what the OP asked. I may not have been entirely correct but the fact remains is that America is completely in Debt, and many of the facts presented to the US populace is heavily inaccurate and completely unknown. U.S. Wealth is entirely within the grasp of private enterprise, which last I checked didn't hire that many Westerners to do the labor work.


Maybe next time if you refrain from stereotyping and insulting a specific people, you won't come off as a bigot.

As for that affecting your experience, "I think" and "might be why" are often ignored when people's emotions get the better of them. I wasn't stating a fact, I was suggesting a possibility.

How can I know if you're the same person or if you've changed when I didn't even know you existed until today?


Sorry if you're offended by being called something you're not, but that's exactly what you were doing to much of America.


The big difference is I have been a part of American Culture for 13 years (Florida) I understand that it differs state to state, and region to region And I think 13 years is enough time to gauge an understanding of the culture I was subjected to, and make an opinion.

The Education system is ridiculous and poorly funded, and runs by a one size fits all system (England is the same way here, and It's still stupid) It would have cost me 180,000 dollars to get the degree I have, which in England it cost me around 17,000 dollars (excluding living expenses) And then you're not even guaranteed a job, because America is big and bloated. (I work for a Visual Effects company, In Florida I would have been working at a melon stand at a flea market, yeah I'm exaggerating a bit there)

Being black put ridiculous and stupid expectations of my personality, (gang banger, ghetto, Ebonics etc) and for whatever reason this is seen (especially amongst the younger generation) as a cool thing, and I detest that. This stereotype is coming to England as well, and while it's still not really that big of a deal Americanization is happening rather rapidly with each new generation coming into adult hood.

Racism, I was purposely hit by a truck while riding my bike from behind, and upon discovery of my less than satisfactory resistance to being destroyed, they then backed up to attempt to hit me again. Automatically excluded attitude comes along with this, Unless you're a boisterous person (which I absolutely am not) you're generally put on the back burner or thought of as an unfortunate side effect to someone else's company. Racism is everywhere, I know, but I will generally not enjoy it a bit more if someone attempts to kill me.

Brain washed levels of religion. People spouting religious beliefs in favor of specific political interest is not only asinine but a completely ridiculous concept. A massive amount of the American population goes by this logic, trying to find a like minded individual is like searching for a needle in the haystack. And even some of my closest friends are rather judgmental and ill informed on Atheism and quite hateful.

"Freedom" Minor issue really here, but many Americans think they're the only country that is free, or that they invented it. And even if they don't know for sure, it is funny to just say they are and ignore history. (Hey we are red-white-and blue here to oh and france and.. oh so many countries)

Equality and Egalitarian logic is lost on the American public. Movements within sexual, and gender rights are either over the top or completely late to the party. And the amount of misinformation and hatred surrounding these topics only fuels gender and sexual hatred. It may not be very apparent, but to those affected by can see it as plain as day.

I'm sure you're very happy where you are, and maybe you have great friends and family, or maybe you're the same type of person who just believes what he wants to without questioning why, or How things are working out so well for you. And the "refrain from stereotyping and insulting a specific people" You may want to read more carefully I specifically stated "Most american's I've met" as a frame of judgement, nor did I call anyone any kind of names or say the entire American populace was deplorable, the insults came from you first.
6306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / CA
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
unless you live in california where it has really restricted gun laws. there is lots of things your not allowed to have in califorina.
Posted 1/1/13

greenlees wrote:

How dare you say we Americans don't know what goes on in other countries, for example I know people in England like tea. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.


face palms self that because that's a English stereotype that hole world nose


so who the president of Germany


no point saying don't Google it because you will


or or

witch country is the biggest producer of tea

no point saying don't Google it because i bet you will



or what have Pakistan just done in past 3 days

same for about


or what is the name of the big like table mountain in south Africa

same or Google unless you no it which should not be to hard in the thing i just said


or were is qatar on the world map
Posted 1/1/13

FacelessRed wrote:


BearSol wrote:


FacelessRed wrote:


BearSol wrote:



You see, I avoided slinging names around because It's unnecessary, but I guess you wanted to cross the boundary. If you notice my age, and the fact I spent 13 years there, how old do you think I was when I lived there? Do you really think I'm the same person I was when I was in America? If that's not something you know, then calling me a Bigot, and having an Ill attitude as the cause of my experience with Americans, is not only a very poor assumption, but unnecessary mud-slinging.

I gave my opinion based on my experiences, that's what the OP asked. I may not have been entirely correct but the fact remains is that America is completely in Debt, and many of the facts presented to the US populace is heavily inaccurate and completely unknown. U.S. Wealth is entirely within the grasp of private enterprise, which last I checked didn't hire that many Westerners to do the labor work.


Maybe next time if you refrain from stereotyping and insulting a specific people, you won't come off as a bigot.

As for that affecting your experience, "I think" and "might be why" are often ignored when people's emotions get the better of them. I wasn't stating a fact, I was suggesting a possibility.

How can I know if you're the same person or if you've changed when I didn't even know you existed until today?


Sorry if you're offended by being called something you're not, but that's exactly what you were doing to much of America.


The big difference is I have been a part of American Culture for 13 years (Florida) I understand that it differs state to state, and region to region And I think 13 years is enough time to gauge an understanding of the culture I was subjected to, and make an opinion.

The Education system is ridiculous and poorly funded, and runs by a one size fits all system (England is the same way here, and It's still stupid) It would have cost me 180,000 dollars to get the degree I have, which in England it cost me around 17,000 dollars (excluding living expenses) And then you're not even guaranteed a job, because America is big and bloated. (I work for a Visual Effects company, In Florida I would have been working at a melon stand at a flea market, yeah I'm exaggerating a bit there)

Being black put ridiculous and stupid expectations of my personality, (gang banger, ghetto, Ebonics etc) and for whatever reason this is seen (especially amongst the younger generation) as a cool thing, and I detest that. This stereotype is coming to England as well, and while it's still not really that big of a deal Americanization is happening rather rapidly with each new generation coming into adult hood.

Racism, I was purposely hit by a truck while riding my bike from behind, and upon discovery of my less than satisfactory resistance to being destroyed, they then backed up to attempt to hit me again. Automatically excluded attitude comes along with this, Unless you're a boisterous person (which I absolutely am not) you're generally put on the back burner or thought of as an unfortunate side effect to someone else's company. Racism is everywhere, I know, but I will generally not enjoy it a bit more if someone attempts to kill me.

Brain washed levels of religion. People spouting religious beliefs in favor of specific political interest is not only asinine but a completely ridiculous concept. A massive amount of the American population goes by this logic, trying to find a like minded individual is like searching for a needle in the haystack. And even some of my closest friends are rather judgmental and ill informed on Atheism and quite hateful.

"Freedom" Minor issue really here, but many Americans think they're the only country that is free, or that they invented it. And even if they don't know for sure, it is funny to just say they are and ignore history. (Hey we are red-white-and blue here to oh and france and.. oh so many countries)

Equality and Egalitarian logic is lost on the American public. Movements within sexual, and gender rights are either over the top or completely late to the party. And the amount of misinformation and hatred surrounding these topics only fuels gender and sexual hatred. It may not be very apparent, but to those affected by can see it as plain as day.

I'm sure you're very happy where you are, and maybe you have great friends and family, or maybe you're the same type of person who just believes what he wants to without questioning why, or How things are working out so well for you. And the "refrain from stereotyping and insulting a specific people" You may want to read more carefully I specifically stated "Most american's I've met" as a frame of judgement, nor did I call anyone any kind of names or say the entire American populace was deplorable, the insults came from you first.


clap clap* well played
351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I know the answer to none of those questions, and I'm too lazy to google them. The tea comment was just me being a smartass not the best personality to have but I accept myself for who I am.
57232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I rather Americans 'rule' the world instead of China thats for sure .


Im not even American Im filipino/chinese who lives in England .
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/1/13

roby55 wrote:

I rather Americans 'rule' the world instead of China thats for sure .


Im not even American Im filipino/chinese who lives in England .


Honestly, No argument there.


2929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
Blondies and blue eyes. O_O Pretty
Posted 1/1/13
DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
you dont wanna know
12590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
Almost the whole world thinks americans are stupid, fat, white people...which is half true I guess
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.