First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
What do other countries think about americans in general.
49466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/3/13

-Vega- wrote:

I can see that there is a really brainwashed person in here. That's too bad.

Patriotism has got to be one of the dumbest things ever created by the human mind.


What's the dumbest thing then?
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/3/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I can see that there is a really brainwashed person in here. That's too bad.

Patriotism has got to be one of the dumbest things ever created by the human mind.


What's the dumbest thing then?


I don't know.

67737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/3/13

Doughboy1212 wrote:

They like American Money


I Actually prefer my 'monopoly money' as you're fond of calling it.

67737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/3/13

-Vega- wrote:

I can see that there is a really brainwashed person in here. That's too bad.

Patriotism has got to be one of the dumbest things ever created by the human mind.


Not sure about that... either that or I'm dumb. I have my Patriotic impulses as well.

I do however think that George Bernard Shaw had SOME truth in his grasp when he said: "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"


227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/13
Well I am English ! Many Engish people do not sterotype~ However from t.v Many of us have learnt you eat alot of junk,
KFC,Burger king, McDonald's. You are very forward, Alot of us like the accent (I do)
Our movies are awful and America makes really good movies with great effects and stuff( we suck at this big time)
That is about it!

Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I can see that there is a really brainwashed person in here. That's too bad.

Patriotism has got to be one of the dumbest things ever created by the human mind.


Not sure about that... either that or I'm dumb. I have my Patriotic impulses as well.

I do however think that George Bernard Shaw had SOME truth in his grasp when he said: "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"




That is true. Patriotism only brings out hate towards another group. What humanity needs to remember is that we are all one big family. Why can't people just cooperate and get along because of that fact.
Posted 1/4/13
I really don't care and I really don't know. I'm open and interrested in different culture and different races so I don't judge.
58368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

BearSol wrote:


backfirejr wrote:


BearSol wrote:
If you want to pretend you never gave a harsh stereotype about Americans, then I'll just leave you in your little dream world because apparently Americans aren't the only ones " like speaking to a wall." Talk about your "delusional tendencies."

Which, if it isn't a band name(delusional tendencies), it should be.


Okay, I wanted to write a long post, working my way through your discussion/verbal fight, and then finally conclude that while he was stereotyping, he was not being any more of a bigot than you. He didn't try to hide the fact that he stereotyped, he actually made it clear. He is answering the OP's question and he even goes out of his way to explain to you why he feels the way he does, and yet you don't see it.

He really is speaking to a wall. Calm down dude and be less defensive. You don't have to attack him personally to get your point across. Just pointing out that he is stereotyping like crazy would be enough to completely negate the value of his stereotyping, without you needing to resort to name-calling.


I never denied anything. I was trying to have a have a point-counter-point discussion, while he obviously kept changing the subject. Perhaps you should reconsider who it was that was like talking to a wall. Perhaps you should calm down and stop trying to make things worse.

PS You do a great job of writing plenty while saying little.



I am perfectly calm.

I am saying a lot, but apparently you don't see it. A shame really.
67737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

BearSol wrote:


backfirejr wrote:


BearSol wrote:
If you want to pretend you never gave a harsh stereotype about Americans, then I'll just leave you in your little dream world because apparently Americans aren't the only ones " like speaking to a wall." Talk about your "delusional tendencies."

Which, if it isn't a band name(delusional tendencies), it should be.


Okay, I wanted to write a long post, working my way through your discussion/verbal fight, and then finally conclude that while he was stereotyping, he was not being any more of a bigot than you. He didn't try to hide the fact that he stereotyped, he actually made it clear. He is answering the OP's question and he even goes out of his way to explain to you why he feels the way he does, and yet you don't see it.

He really is speaking to a wall. Calm down dude and be less defensive. You don't have to attack him personally to get your point across. Just pointing out that he is stereotyping like crazy would be enough to completely negate the value of his stereotyping, without you needing to resort to name-calling.


I never denied anything. I was trying to have a have a point-counter-point discussion, while he obviously kept changing the subject. Perhaps you should reconsider who it was that was like talking to a wall. Perhaps you should calm down and stop trying to make things worse.

PS You do a great job of writing plenty while saying little.



(emphasis mine)
Again with the personal attacks. you realize that is this the 'verbal fight' equivalent of raising the white flag?

once you resort to remarks like one I've emboldened you're admitting that you lost. That you have no logical or factual counter.
67737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

-Vega- wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I can see that there is a really brainwashed person in here. That's too bad.

Patriotism has got to be one of the dumbest things ever created by the human mind.


Not sure about that... either that or I'm dumb. I have my Patriotic impulses as well.

I do however think that George Bernard Shaw had SOME truth in his grasp when he said: "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"




That is true. Patriotism only brings out hate towards another group. What humanity needs to remember is that we are all one big family. Why can't people just cooperate and get along because of that fact.


Not sure I agree that Patriotism only brings out hate.

But I will agree, that like many other '-isms' it can easily be plastered over hate to make the hate appear more virtuous.

But like I said before, I'm probably dumb by your standards since I consider myself a Patriot.


2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/4/13

-Vega- wrote:


That is true. Patriotism only brings out hate towards another group.


Love of one's country is not hatred of other nations.



What humanity needs to remember is that we are all one big family.


We are not 'one, big family', we are a species, and that is the only connection we have with one another.


Why can't people just cooperate and get along because of that fact.


Because it isn't a fact. Because we have different opinions on certain issues.

578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Texas, USA
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
I'm American, and a lot of people here DO take many of our resources for granted and rely too heavily on others.
However, I've thought, from a neutral standpoint, that it's not that Americans are "bad", it's that humans are "bad".
The only real difference between the US and many parts of the world is that the US allows a large portion of social and political freedoms.
So this is an example of how humans act when given freedom ;o

A lot of American are respectable and proper too though (:
181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
Humans are inherently competitive and prone to greed; only social as a means to an end.

Truly believing in a mainstream perception based on government/lobbyist policy is just plain silly. Like amlgrice just said above, people are people.
5077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
I personally don't like americans on how they use "titles" to intimidate other people and how they stereotype... well that only works for some.. great drinking buddies though lol
Posted 1/5/13
america has the worst blacks
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.