First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply How Do You Handle Boring Intellectuals Who Think They Are Better Than You?
Posted 5/19/13
Intellectual does not = boring. Also to those who use "psuedo-intellectual" so freely. Make sure you fully understand the concept before believing you are a "REAL intellectual" . I like to think of myself as an Uber intellectual in that I am usually more intelligent on accident than most are on purpose.
24258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Buffalo, NY USA
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
Most intellectuals don't think that they are better than you. Except me, I already know I'm better than you because I wouldn't be stupid enough to come up with such a pointless thread. Or maybe that just means I'm a jerk. Don't care, really.
13057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13
I've found more

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

on Crunchyroll than on any other site.

The majority of these people on CR forums seems so withdrawn.
I feel like there's just a lot of shyness and anti-social personalities under these so called "smart" users.
You don't look or really sound smart. You just seem.... very lame.
43246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I don't think intellectuals are boring, I only think those that are pompous and flaunt it are the boring ones.
Isn't CR entertainment? Or for some, is it a name calling bashing contest? And THAT is their form of entertainment?
46115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Gyava wrote:

I've found more

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

on Crunchyroll than on any other site.

The majority of these people on CR forums seems so withdrawn.
I feel like there's just a lot of shyness and anti-social personalities under these so called "smart" users.
You don't look or really sound smart. You just seem.... very lame.


What about 4chan?
13057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Gyava wrote:

I've found more

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

on Crunchyroll than on any other site.

The majority of these people on CR forums seems so withdrawn.
I feel like there's just a lot of shyness and anti-social personalities under these so called "smart" users.
You don't look or really sound smart. You just seem.... very lame.


What about 4chan?


At least those types of people on there are interesting and at least funny.
The ones on CR = Boring, not funny.
46115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Gyava wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Gyava wrote:

I've found more

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

on Crunchyroll than on any other site.

The majority of these people on CR forums seems so withdrawn.
I feel like there's just a lot of shyness and anti-social personalities under these so called "smart" users.
You don't look or really sound smart. You just seem.... very lame.


What about 4chan?


At least those types of people on there are interesting and at least funny.
The ones are CR = Boring, not funny.


So, what do you consider yourself then? You're on CR as well, for the moment.
2351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Gyava wrote:

I've found more

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

on Crunchyroll than on any other site.


Yeah I think it's an epidemic. All over the USA at all the most prestigious Universities, peeps who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on their education suddenly decided, for no reason, to drop Shakespeare and start lurking on CR. It's annoying. It's ridiculous. I lose sleep over the fact that they are here. Nice to see someone agree!

This post has no sarcasm WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
13057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


So, what do you consider yourself then? You're on CR as well, for the moment.


"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

I'm only talking about them. I don't consider myself superior to anyone on here.. not even to these people.
46115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

Gyava wrote:

"boring people who THINK that they're intellectuals and think that they're superior to others on the internet"

I'm only talking about them. I don't consider myself superior to anyone on here.. not even to these people.


I see. Well if you want my take on it I view nobody as an intellectual because at one point they were the same as everyone else, and still could be in some respects. If that makes any sense.

13057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

carsarelittle wrote:


Yeah I think it's an epidemic. All over the USA at all the most prestigious Universities, peeps who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on their education suddenly decided, for no reason, to drop Shakespeare and start lurking on CR. It's annoying. It's ridiculous. I lose sleep over the fact that they are here. Nice to see someone agree!

This post has no sarcasm WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Ohuhuhu.. did they now?
or are they regular students at average/below-average colleges who built their fake internet stories and egos out of jealousy?
Sarcasm.. I think not.


Shrapnel893 wrote:



I see. Well if you want my take on it I view nobody as an intellectual because at one point they were the same as everyone else, and still could be in some respects. If that makes any sense.


It does make sense! I have two different takes on the word "intellectual." For one, I do know people who are actually intellectuals, like writers, philosophers, and etc. I can recognize them as intellectuals because of their job.

but, I think a lot of people these days, including the OP here, used the word for someone who is very intelligent. This is where I agree with what you say. I don't think anybody here on CR is really.. all "that", if you know what I mean. As you've said, they could be the same or worse than everyone else at some things. I'm not going to name them, but I've seen users here on CR who are indeed smart - but severely lack an understanding of human nature and social skills.
2351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Gyava wrote:

Ohuhuhu.. did they now?
or are they regular students at average/below-average colleges who built their fake internet stories and egos out of jealousy?
Sarcasm.. I think not.


Forgot about them. Those are the poser intellectuals, who are equally annoying. They all decided en mass to storm out of their tax-payer funded local/state college lit class and say hey who needs Hamlet, I'd rather be on Cruncyroll!

(But, knowing that they were paying so much less money to read the same literature hurts them sometimes, so I really shouldn't bring that up that detail.)

Also, this really belongs in the "How Do You Handle Boring Poser Intellectuals Who Think They Are Better Than You" thread, that someone really needs to create.
32268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13
I say, look at all this boring conversation from such quasi-intellectuals.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

carsarelittle wrote:

Also, this really belongs in the "How Do You Handle Boring Poser Intellectuals Who Think They Are Better Than You" thread, that someone really needs to create.


That would make more sense. Though we should probably merge the "do you believe in religion" thread with it as well...
23482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I just play stupid in hopes of them taking the 'hint', but they never do and always try to correct me. I laugh hard afterwards, then eat my buttered toast. ^^
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.