First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Post Reply How Do You Handle Boring Intellectuals Who Think They Are Better Than You?
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

CalifCat wrote:

I don't think intellictuals are boring, I only think those that are pompous and flaunt it are the boring ones.
Isn't CR entertainment? Or for some, is it a name calling bashing contest? And THAT is their form of entertainment?


I am one of the slightly arrogant ones..mhahaha. You see it is well known amongst Intellectuals that there are far and few of us inbetween.(Its a obvious conclusion that comes to one of such Intelligence).
There are Intellectuals who are hmmm... i would call them "in the box thinkers". Almost anyone would agree that this person is of high intelligence-Very good at memorizing and studies hard, and very main stream with their ideas(safe within the box). <---- of course this is not all of this types attributes.
I am a "out of the box" Intellectual - Creator of new idea's and new ways of thinking...learns whats in the box very fast and becomes bored of that box and simply destroys it, and comes to find that the box is constructed by the hands of another man or woman(the box holds the ideas from another). I am admittedly kinda arrogant, BUT i do not think i'm better than you because you may not be as smart or you might just not think you are smart when you actually are.
I am only better than those who treat others like crap for no GOOD reason or further purpose, users/leeches, uber-followers who never created one original thought in their life and those who hurt other's without a care.

I can go on and on and into further detail if asked. these are my idea's on this subject...I would never force them on another, however I believe my statements earlier are grounded.


Posted 5/19/13

DonMoriarty wrote:

I just play stupid in hopes of them taking the 'hint', but they never do and always try to correct me. I laugh hard afterwards, then eat my buttered toast. ^^


Can i has a slice...extra butter plzz?
13057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Online
Posted 5/19/13

carsarelittle wrote:


We should spread this around more. :o
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quasi-intelligencia-nervosa&defid=4459403
16194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / in the land of th...
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13
I line em up in my crossbow and shoot em full of stupid...
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
Argue back.
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13
Well, I just kinda smile and try to listen to them. People like that are kinda lame and one day someone is going to break it to them that they aren't so smart or they will realize that trying to show how smart they are isn't the most important thing in life. I kinda feel sorry for people that take themselves too seriously like that. It's so obvious too.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

marcel20 wrote:

You see it is well known amongst Intellectuals that there are far and few of us inbetween....


Between what? Women's legs?


I am admittedly kinda arrogant, BUT i do no think i'm better than you....


We know...



I can go on and on and into further detail if asked. these are my idea's on this subject...I would never force them on another, however I believe my statements are earlier are grounded.


...This was awesome. Thank you.

Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

spacebat wrote:


marcel20 wrote:

You see it is well known amongst Intellectuals that there are far and few of us inbetween....


Between what? Women's legs?


I am admittedly kinda arrogant, BUT i do no think i'm better than you....


We know...



I can go on and on and into further detail if asked. these are my idea's on this subject...I would never force them on another, however I believe my statements are earlier are grounded.


...This was awesome. Thank you.



And here comes the grammar police...run I must say your welcome and awesome memory you have there.
I guess im not smart at all I passed my English A and B courses long ago with A's please believe when I say that...those classes were boring as hell and simple.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

marcel20 wrote:


And here comes the grammar police...run I must say your welcome and awesome memory you have there.
I guess im not smart at all


Don't feel too bad. I'm not that smart either, comparatively speaking.

But that's why I'm in college, to better myself.
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/26/13

spacebat wrote:


marcel20 wrote:


And here comes the grammar police...run I must say your welcome and awesome memory you have there.
I guess im not smart at all


Don't feel too bad. I'm not that smart either, comparatively speaking.

But that's why I'm in college, to better myself.


You are in college too? Awesome...let be roomies!! I would love to have a sarcasm fight to the death, but
thats one of those in the box attributes I bore of...for it has nothing to do with actual intellect.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

marcel20 [link url="/forumtopic-786175/how-do-you-handle-boring-intellectuals-who-think-they-are-better-

You are in college too? Awesome...let be roomies!! I would love to have a sarcasism fight to the death, but
thats one of those in the box attributes I bore of...for it has nothing to do with actual intellect.


Yup, made lots of money in my youth and now I'm bored and have money to waste. I want to do something challenging and making money is easy.
32551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/20/13
I abuse their knowledge to my advantage muwahaha
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 5/20/13
I guess I qualify for a boring intellectual that thinks I'm better than you.

JK, but I do do it sometimes. In my school you're pretty much a smart, procrastinating IB kid, a regulars kid that tries, or a druggie that gets drunk and high every week end. Sometimes it's hard to not think you're at least a bit better than the ones that get drunk all day when you're studying your ass off for 2 years... I do understand people have different talents, but in the school context... it's a little hard to not get caught up.

But within the IB, I do see my peers who really think they're on top of the world, but since we're all asian in the program, we end up silently disliking them and talk about them behind their backs. Cheap, I know.

Perhaps book smarts aren't everything, but considering the fact that we... I... have been educated in several sports, musical instruments and has tons of volunteer experience... it's hard not to think you're at least better than the kids that have done nothing with their lives. but YES there will ALWAYS be someone better than you.
Posted 5/20/13

spacebat wrote:


marcel20 [link url="/forumtopic-786175/how-do-you-handle-boring-intellectuals-who-think-they-are-better-

You are in college too? Awesome...let be roomies!! I would love to have a sarcasism fight to the death, but
thats one of those in the box attributes I bore of...for it has nothing to do with actual intellect.


Yup, made lots of money in my youth and now I'm bored and have money to waste. I want to do something challenging and making money is easy.


umm.. that sounds awesome. Just as a side note- In our case the word THINK should be bold and on your part.
2756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 5/20/13
I just laugh at them.

First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.