Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
What are the top 10 world military powers.
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
What are the top 10 world military powers and why there in the top 10. should these countries be allies or are they allies already.
Posted 12/28/12
Russia
Russia
US
Russia
Japan
Great Britain
India
Russia
China
Russia
23362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Online
Posted 12/28/12
Russia
USA
China?
Iran or Iraq, don't remember which, but those who had enough atoms bombs to blow the world up about 24 times(Something like that?) -.-
meh.. xD
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 12/28/12 , edited 12/28/12
According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.
14178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
1st: United States of America
2nd: Russia
3rd: China
4th: United Kingdom
5th: India
(see 2nd link below for the rest)
The rest are pretty small comparatively... and the US spends more on its military than like the remaining top 10 combined.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.
14330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / MN
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

darkangel09rose wrote:


Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.


Turkey makes sense. They have a border with Iran, Iraq and Syria. If I had a border with those 3 nations I would want a powerful military.
25487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / London
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
Turkey has one of the biggest Army in Europe, thats about it. Good cannon fodder. Not too long ago one of their jets was shot down by Syria....

Well trained my ass.
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

Rakuin wrote:

Russia
Russia
US
Russia
Japan
Great Britain
India
Russia
China
Russia


Japan is stronger than China with their self defense force? Seems legit.

Oh, and the US is the strongest. The only thing Russia has over the US is that they have a lot more nukes.

USA - Technology
Russia - Nukes
China - Manpower
Rajyrr 
25866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Nova Scotia, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
#1: Democratic Republic of Kittens
#2: Those Guys .. You Know .. Them
#3: The Dwarves that live under Mount Everest .. biding their time for the next world war ..
#4: Tibet
#5: ALIENS
#6: The Republic of Zambambo
#7: AUSTRALIA (the royal mounted kangaroo forces)
#8: Canada (because we're awesome, of course.)
#9: Pizza .. wait .. was this a list of our favorite foods? ..
#10: Oh god .. I'm so lost .. lost and afraid ..
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

mamertine wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.


Turkey makes sense. They have a border with Iran, Iraq and Syria. If I had a border with those 3 nations I would want a powerful military.


If you put it that way I would too, three dangerous countries that could attack any moment . I guess if they were not strong they would of been evaded
Sailor Candy Moderator
161755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
The Top 10 Military Powers In The World 2012

From:http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/top-10-military-powers-world/

Human nature seems to be centered around the belief that conflict brings about positive change. Why else is it that out of all the years that the human species has inhabited this planet that we have only seen, roughly, 300 years of complete peace.

This is a very depressing statistic. Having the need to constantly shed our brother’s blood only proves that we have yet to evolve into the most superior beings.

This said, countries are required to build armies that will be able to protect them from all the other countries that are looking to take their land and resources. Here is a list of the 10 most powerful armies in the world.

10. Turkey
Annual Defense Budget $30,936,000,000
Military Personnel 514,000
Population reaching military age annually 1,298,979
Fighter Jets 1,530
Navy Ships 180
Purchasing power $853,900,000,000

9. Japan


Annual Defense Budget $44,300,000,000
Military Personnel 378,000
Population reaching military age annually 1,212,321
Fighter Jets 2,700
Navy Ships 150
Purchasing power $4,272,000,000,000

8. Brazil


Annual Defense Budget $24,000,000,000
Military Personnel 287,000
Population reaching military age annually 3,275,154
Fighter Jets 1,650
Navy Ships 90
Purchasing power $1,849,000,000,000

7. Germany


Annual Defense Budget $46,000,000,000
Military Personnel 250,000
Population reaching military age annually 863,773
Fighter Jets 1,100
Navy Ships 130
Purchasing power $2,807,000,000,000

6. France


Annual Defense Budget $62,000,000,000
Military Personnel 225,000
Population reaching military age annually 783,788
Fighter Jets 1,900
Navy Ships 135
Purchasing power $2,075,000,000,000

5. UK


Annual Defense Budget $53,000,000,000
Military Personnel 195,000
Population reaching military age annually 784,520
Fighter Jets 2,670
Navy Ships 140
Purchasing power $2,130,000,000,000

4. India


Annual Defense Budget $33,000,000,000
Military Personnel 1,325,000
Population reaching military age annually 22,229,373
Fighter Jets 1,250
Navy Ships 145
Purchasing power $2,966,000,000,000

3. Russia


Annual Defense Budget $43,000,000,000
Military Personnel 1,245,000
Population reaching military age annually 1,602,673
Fighter Jets 6,500
Navy Ships 525
Purchasing power $2,097,000,000,000

2. China


Annual Defense Budget $59,000,000,000
Military Personnel 2,255,000
Population reaching military age annually 20,470,412
Fighter Jets 2,400
Navy Ships 760
Purchasing power $7,099,000,000,000

1. USA


Annual Defense Budget $515,000,000,000
Military Personnel 1,385,000
Population reaching military age annually 4,266,128
Fighter Jets 22,700
Navy Ships 1,600
Purchasing power $13,780,000,000,000
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 12/28/12
22k fighter jets lol

I also read we have 2000 top of the line abram tanks just sitting in warehouses. America sure loves over compensate
wyrvan 
25859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

darkangel09rose wrote:


mamertine wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.


Turkey makes sense. They have a border with Iran, Iraq and Syria. If I had a border with those 3 nations I would want a powerful military.


If you put it that way I would too, three dangerous countries that could attack any moment . I guess if they were not strong they would of been evaded


Don't forget that during the cold war they had a long border with the Soviet Union. Plus the Turkish mililtary has been fighting a long counter-insurgency campaign against the PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party) over Kurdish independence.
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 12/28/12

karmacide wrote:

Threads like this make me wish World War III would erupt.


Is it wrong of me too agree to want a grate war to test who is the strongest, who will team up. who will fall. No nukes just war fair. They should have a game haha all top countries battle it out smaller countries team up to take on the grates. if any of the top military powers fought there would be hell and not much left of a earth.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.