First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
What are the top 10 world military powers.
26011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
Japan doesnt have much and relies on the US and the combined defence treaties but Japan from what i understand has pretty wicked pilots and planes in the JSDF
Banned
31570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
I can blow away all their military might with an idea.
Posted 1/5/13
My middle finger.
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

darkangel09rose wrote:


mamertine wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.


Turkey makes sense. They have a border with Iran, Iraq and Syria. If I had a border with those 3 nations I would want a powerful military.


If you put it that way I would too, three dangerous countries that could attack any moment . I guess if they were not strong they would of been evaded



They aren't dangerous countries. If they wanted too invade turkey it wouldn't be hard at all. Iran could probably do it in no time at all.. its just that those 3 countries aren't warmongerers like the rest of the west backed nations.
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/13


Looks like we're number one at wasting money on defense we don't need. How about spending it elsewhere?



We'd be a much better nation if we cut back on war mongering in order to line defense contractors' pockets. Unfortunately this won't change... and we'll forever be a 3rd rate country with a shitty education system, that only cares for money, oil and corrupt politics.
434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
All I see here is stereotypical Americans points of view. Your Army isn't as good as you believe, yes you may have lots of people and lots of money but that is it. Your soldiers are not trained properly and do not have the qualifications ours do. The British Army, is top 3 material, as although we don't spend that much money on planes and tanks, we spend it on training our soldiers to the highest possible degree. Besides if America was such a great army you would have to keep calling for our help every time you cock up.
27487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / London
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

halilsinan1 wrote:

wel if there wil come a new world war hopefully not the country who first nuked everywhere wil win so milletary personel fighter jest tanks etc etc doesnt make any sense




Dspokes wrote:

Turkey has one of the biggest Army in Europe, thats about it. Good cannon fodder. Not too long ago one of their jets was shot down by Syria....

Well trained my ass.


you definetly dont know anything about the turkish army BTW our country is not stupid to go to a war against syria beacuse then the damn planet will go in to a new world war most of the europe countrys and USA knows that



Ever heard the saying "quality not quantity"?

Yeah you have a lot of soldiers. Thats about it.
1222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Turkey
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

wtfbbq68 wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


mamertine wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


Pomff wrote:

According to 2 seconds of google research...
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
It'd be USA, Russia, China, India, UK, Turkey, South Korea, France, Japan, Israel.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but thar ya go. While i'm not 100% sure about Russia, India, and Turkey i'm pretty sure most of those countries are allies in one form or another. The only ones in the top 10 that surprise me are Turkey (I know nothing about Turkey) and South Korea (not the Korea i'd have expected but they are pretty tech savvy so I guess that makes sense). I'm not sure if the JSDF counts as a military force or not but if it does then it's more impressive than i'd have figured it be.


Turkey surprises me also. They must have well trained men.


Turkey makes sense. They have a border with Iran, Iraq and Syria. If I had a border with those 3 nations I would want a powerful military.


If you put it that way I would too, three dangerous countries that could attack any moment . I guess if they were not strong they would of been evaded



They aren't dangerous countries. If they wanted too invade turkey it wouldn't be hard at all. Iran could probably do it in no time at all.. its just that those 3 countries aren't warmongerers like the rest of the west backed nations.


the only way to get in my country is to nuke the whole country they can destroy it but they cant invade it
1222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Turkey
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

Dspokes wrote:


halilsinan1 wrote:

wel if there wil come a new world war hopefully not the country who first nuked everywhere wil win so milletary personel fighter jest tanks etc etc doesnt make any sense




Dspokes wrote:

Turkey has one of the biggest Army in Europe, thats about it. Good cannon fodder. Not too long ago one of their jets was shot down by Syria....

Well trained my ass.


you definetly dont know anything about the turkish army BTW our country is not stupid to go to a war against syria beacuse then the damn planet will go in to a new world war most of the europe countrys and USA knows that



Ever heard the saying "quality not quantity"?

Yeah you have a lot of soldiers. Thats about it.


oh realy? than maybe you can tel us how we taked our country back against russia.england.greece.france.italia at invading our country at the same time after WW1
Posted 1/5/13
this shits just going on spending and how much shit people have got this shit is void

yes numbers help but pointless if the solders and pilots and drivers are shit and not will trained

and all so do america even bother with stelf because every think new or what there doing is on TV 100% pointing out there the best all so there lead solders sqwodrends that supost be Ghost kinda fail when there governments shouting about what they did and how they did it on tv
Posted 1/5/13

AsakoNatsume wrote:

this shits just going on spending and how much shit people have got this shit is void

yes numbers help but pointless if the solders and pilots and drivers are shit and not will trained

and all so do america even bother with stelf because every think new or what there doing is on TV 100% pointing out there the best all so there lead solders sqwodrends that supost be Ghost kinda fail when there governments shouting about what they did and how they did it on tv


and she just went full retard...... you never go full retard
Posted 1/5/13

NotSoAwesome wrote:


AsakoNatsume wrote:

this shits just going on spending and how much shit people have got this shit is void

yes numbers help but pointless if the solders and pilots and drivers are shit and not will trained

and all so do america even bother with stelf because every think new or what there doing is on TV 100% pointing out there the best all so there lead solders sqwodrends that supost be Ghost kinda fail when there governments shouting about what they did and how they did it on tv


and she just went full retard...... you never go full retard


some time yes yes what pc dues to your head

should not use pc to long its bad for you
Banned
31570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

AsakoNatsume wrote:


NotSoAwesome wrote:


AsakoNatsume wrote:

this shits just going on spending and how much shit people have got this shit is void

yes numbers help but pointless if the solders and pilots and drivers are shit and not will trained

and all so do america even bother with stelf because every think new or what there doing is on TV 100% pointing out there the best all so there lead solders sqwodrends that supost be Ghost kinda fail when there governments shouting about what they did and how they did it on tv


and she just went full retard...... you never go full retard


some time yes yes what pc dues to your head

should not use pc to long its bad for you


Why is PC bad for you?

Posted 1/5/13

AsakoNatsume wrote:


NotSoAwesome wrote:


AsakoNatsume wrote:

this shits just going on spending and how much shit people have got this shit is void

yes numbers help but pointless if the solders and pilots and drivers are shit and not will trained

and all so do america even bother with stelf because every think new or what there doing is on TV 100% pointing out there the best all so there lead solders sqwodrends that supost be Ghost kinda fail when there governments shouting about what they did and how they did it on tv


and she just went full retard...... you never go full retard


some time yes yes what pc dues to your head

should not use pc to long its bad for you


I can tell. It has taken away your ability to use spell checker.
52105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / USA
Online
Posted 1/5/13 , edited 1/5/13

TIMMSY7 wrote:

All I see here is stereotypical Americans points of view. Your Army isn't as good as you believe, yes you may have lots of people and lots of money but that is it. Your soldiers are not trained properly and do not have the qualifications ours do. The British Army, is top 3 material, as although we don't spend that much money on planes and tanks, we spend it on training our soldiers to the highest possible degree. Besides if America was such a great army you would have to keep calling for our help every time you cock up.


With respect, you aren't top 3 material - and I say that having had a brief experience with British troops once upon a time. That your military is well trained and motivated is true, but as a certain Soviet commander said 'quantity has a quality all its own'. The blunt truth is that the UK simply cannot at this time match the military power of China, the US, or Russia. In a small unit conflict of similar infantry 'straight-leg' units, I'd give a slight edge to the British troops, unless they were a unit that hadn't yet seen action against a US force returning from Afghanistan, in which case I'd give the edge to the US side. On a larger scale however, the edge goes to the US side both from superior numbers and from slightly superior technology.

The problem in the US military (and the civilian political structure) is that we're obsessed with the idea of superior technology trumping physical presence, and have been since the late 1950s. Unfortunately, superior technology (or what appears to be superior technology) is generally expensive, especially if it has to be robust enough to survive sustained combat operations. That leads to a continuing inflation of a defense budget, something at which Americans excel. We also suffer from instant gratification syndrome, meaning that if we don't win quickly and decisively, the public starts getting restless at an accelerated pace. We don't do 'long term' anymore - it's all 'now', which gives encouragement to folks who aren't very fond of us, and causes concern for our allies as to whether we have the will to stay the course.

I will say though that Brit field rations beat MRE's hands down

There's a reason the MRE pouch is that color, and it's not due to camouflage



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.