First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you like a second season of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou?
Posted 8/27/13

hpulley wrote:


kritter09 wrote:

Wait... There is more?!

No, there isn't more. Unfortunately the title of this thread is misleading. Originally someone thought the second cour (episodes 13-24) was a second season. But now people think it means a season past the first 24 episodes and there hasn't been an announcement of it, not yet anyways.

But most of us are still hoping for one, for more.


Well that's depressing...
Posted 8/27/13 , edited 8/27/13

Crow009 wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


Crow009 wrote:

I don't even want it to have a second season. I didn't think that the first one was that good.



Everyone has different tastes i guess, i really enjoyed it though. Probably in my top 10 of all time.
Everyone has different tastes I guess, I didn't enjoy it though. It's probably in my bottom 150.



SorotaxMashiro wrote:


Crow009 wrote:

I don't even want it to have a second season. I didn't think that the first one was that good.


Thats your opinion, many others want a season 2, Everyone wants to see Mashiro and Sorata finally kiss and start dating. This is a pure love story I want to carry on. just check change.org and see how many people signed the petition :)

https://www.change.org/petitions/j-c-staff-make-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-season-2
I never said it wasn't my opinion or that people couldn't hope for one. I just stated my opinion that I don't want one. I thought the anime was pretty bad. I don't want to see Mashiro and Sorata kiss or start dating, I would be fine if I never saw them again.

And WOW 8,000 people who most of them probably watched it illegally online, I bet whoever made it feels like they have to make a second season now. If all or even half of them bought the BDs it might have already been announced already.


I love trolls like you. Thanks for brighting my day up! <3, Anyway, JC Staff is busy with 2 other anime's atm, 1 of them is Little Busters! Refrain, so they got there hands full atm, maybe next year we will get something! :P

534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

hpulley wrote:
Please don't feed the troll. Ignore them and they may go away.
I assume you're talking about me? Not agreeing with someone does not make me a troll. Going onto a thread that asks a question and answering it is not trolling.


Invokah wrote:
Same guy from MAL that posts the same thing , yeah a pretty good idea to ignore.
How do I post the same thing? This is my first time in this thread.


Hibria187 wrote:

Crow009 wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:

Everyone has different tastes i guess, i really enjoyed it though. Probably in my top 10 of all time.
Everyone has different tastes I guess, I didn't enjoy it though. It's probably in my bottom 150.




Right back at you.


SorotaxMashiro wrote:

I love trolls like you. Thanks for brighting my day up! <3, Anyway, JC Staff is busy with 2 other anime's atm, 1 of them is Little Busters! Refrain, so they got there hands full atm, maybe next year we will get something! :P

Once again. Read what I said to hpully. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesn't make me a troll. It means I don't like the anime that much.

And that very well could be. Or they might not be planning it at all. And what I said wasn't really wrong, it didn't sell that well. If you guys bought the BDs instead of making a petition, the chance of you getting a second season would go way up.
14030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/13
Totally ready for season 2........any ideas when it will be released?
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/27/13 , edited 8/27/13

Crow009 wrote:


hpulley wrote:
Please don't feed the troll. Ignore them and they may go away.
I assume you're talking about me? Not agreeing with someone does not make me a troll. Going onto a thread that asks a question and answering it is not trolling.

... Read what I said to hpully. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesn't make me a troll. It means I don't like the anime that much.

And that very well could be. Or they might not be planning it at all. And what I said wasn't really wrong, it didn't sell that well. If you guys bought the BDs instead of making a petition, the chance of you getting a second season would go way up.

Yes, I'm talking about you. You go beyond not agreeing with someone when you say you hope they don't make more of a show. Tell me you don't like it, sure. Tell me you dropped it, fine. But don't wish against someone else's enjoyment! Dropping into a thread which is for the purpose of people saying, "Yes I want season 2!" and saying you don't want season 2 is trolling. What kind of response do you think you're going to get? The only one you can expect is one against you which means you are a troll, trolling for responses.

It's odd because I make the same argument about the petition not being useful. The real 'petition' is sales. So I can't really tell if you are for anime in general or against it. Very weird because aside from the "I don't like this show" part you sound a bit like me on the sales support being necessary argument.

But as for buying the discs? You picked the wrong guy to make that argument against! Import Bluray Disc 8 will be here tomorrow to complete the Bluray collection. There is one OP CD and one Drama CD I'm missing but otherwise I have them all I think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpulley/9608323437 Sakurasou Discs by http://www.flickr.com/people/hpulley me, on Flickr

And I have all the novels as well. I don't think you'll find many people that support this show better than I do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpulley/9608359323 Sakurasou Novels by http://www.flickr.com/people/hpulley me, on Flickr
One Punch Mod
49535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

hpulley wrote:


kritter09 wrote:

Wait... There is more?!

No, there isn't more. Unfortunately the title of this thread is misleading. Originally someone thought the second cour (episodes 13-24) was a second season. But now people think it means a season past the first 24 episodes and there hasn't been an announcement of it, not yet anyways.

But most of us are still hoping for one, for more.


Yeah this thread should probably have been renamed a while ago. A complete rename now might be even more confusing, but I have added a descriptive bit that might be a little bit of a clue. "No announcement yet...but wouldn't it be nice?"
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

lorreen wrote:

Yeah this thread should probably have been renamed a while ago. A complete rename now might be even more confusing, but I have added a descriptive bit that might be a little bit of a clue. "No announcement yet...but wouldn't it be nice?"

Thanks, lorreen. I think that will help with the repeated questions about the thread.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/27/13 , edited 8/27/13

hpulley wrote:


Crow009 wrote:


hpulley wrote:
Please don't feed the troll. Ignore them and they may go away.
I assume you're talking about me? Not agreeing with someone does not make me a troll. Going onto a thread that asks a question and answering it is not trolling.

... Read what I said to hpully. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesn't make me a troll. It means I don't like the anime that much.

And that very well could be. Or they might not be planning it at all. And what I said wasn't really wrong, it didn't sell that well. If you guys bought the BDs instead of making a petition, the chance of you getting a second season would go way up.

Yes, I'm talking about you. You go beyond not agreeing with someone when you say you hope they don't make more of a show. Tell me you don't like it, sure. Tell me you dropped it, fine. But don't wish against someone else's enjoyment! Dropping into a thread which is for the purpose of people saying, "Yes I want season 2!" and saying you don't want season 2 is trolling. What kind of response do you think you're going to get? The only one you can expect is one against you which means you are a troll, trolling for responses.

It's odd because I make the same argument about the petition not being useful. The real 'petition' is sales. So I can't really tell if you are for anime in general or against it. Very weird because aside from the "I don't like this show" part you sound a bit like me on the sales support being necessary argument.

But as for buying the discs? You picked the wrong guy to make that argument against! Import Bluray Disc 8 will be here tomorrow to complete the Bluray collection. There is one OP CD and one Drama CD I'm missing but otherwise I have them all I think.

And I have all the novels as well. I don't think you'll find many people that support this show better than I do.
That's not called going beyond not agreeing with someone. It's just called not agreeing with someone. If they say they want another season and I say I don't want one, that's called not agreeing not going beyond not agreeing. It would be beyond disagreeing if I then insulted someone, used explicit words, pushed my opinion on someone, bashed everything in the anime, or something like that, which I didn't.
I'm not "wishing" against someone elses enjoyment. I only commented on my own. I am not 5, I am aware that other people enjoy what I do not. I merely made a post saying that I didn't enjoy it or think it should get another season.

It's you guys that started quoting me and saying redundant things like that's just your opinion and stuff like that. I know that, I posted my opion, obviously I would know it is one.

The thread was made for the purpose of asking if you wanted another season, if you enjoyed it, what you would be looking forward to, etc and I am free to say I am not and did not.

Once again, saying I don't want a season 2 is not trolling. I would expect people to agree and people to disagree, not everyone likes the same anime, but calling me a troll just for not agreeing with everyone wanting one is wrong.

Yes because it most likely won't be very useful. Japanese companies want money, people on the internet, most of them who aren't supporting the show else how wouldn't be taken very seriously. What do you mean for anime or against it?

But I didn't make that argument against you. I specifically quoted someone else and was talking generally about the people who signed the petition. If you bought stuff for it, fine. That's good for you and you are possibly helping it get a second season. But people who watch only illegally online and just sign petitions aren't really.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/27/13 , edited 8/27/13

Crow009 wrote:
That's not called going beyond not agreeing with someone. It's just called not agreeing with someone. If they say they want another season and I say I don't want one, that's called not agreeing not going beyond not agreeing. It would be beyond disagreeing if I then insulted someone, used explicit words, pushed my opinion on someone, bashed everything in the anime, or something like that, which I didn't.
I'm not "wishing" against someone elses enjoyment. I only commented on my own. I am not 5, I am aware that other people enjoy what I do not. I merely made a post saying that I didn't enjoy it or think it should get another season.

It's you guys that started quoting me and saying redundant things like that's just your opinion and stuff like that. I know that, I posted my opion, obviously I would know it is one.

The thread was made for the purpose of asking if you wanted another season, if you enjoyed it, what you would be looking forward to, etc and I am free to say I am not and did not.

Once again, saying I don't want a season 2 is not trolling. I would expect people to agree and people to disagree, not everyone likes the same anime, but calling me a troll just for not agreeing with everyone wanting one is wrong.

Yes because it most likely won't be very useful. Japanese companies want money, people on the internet, most of them who aren't supporting the show else how wouldn't be taken very seriously. What do you mean for anime or against it?

But I didn't make that argument against you. I specifically quoted someone else and was talking generally about the people who signed the petition. If you bought stuff for it, fine. That's good for you and you are possibly helping it get a second season. But people who watch only illegally online and just sign petitions aren't really.

The thread wasn't actually asking if you wanted season 2. It was a rhetorical question, "Anyone else ready for season 2?!?" because the original poster (I know as I have corresponded with them and given them novel spoilers) was very excited about watching episodes 13-24. No way was that poster asking for anyone to say, "Nah, I don't wanna see it, dropped it 11 episodes ago."

But you don't like it. Fine!

And you're right. If you just sign a petition you aren't helping to get season 2 really. If you'd read the entire thread (can't blame you for not going through all 29 pages) you would see I said exactly the same thing months ago. If you have a Crunchyroll membership and you watch here then you are helping a little bit, probably pays something more than a free viewer with ads, don't work for Crunchyroll in the accounting department so I don't really know but I suspect that buying the import discs supports it the most. Buying the cheaper North American release (Edit: Sentai licensed it for home video, haven't seen a release date yet?) doesn't help nearly as much as the sub-license passes on much less money.

But I still think your post looks like you're a troll. Go and read it again and imagine someone posted the same thing in a thread about one of your favorite shows. What response would you have given?

As for are you for or against anime or specifically this one it just seemed odd as you said you didn't like the show but then on the other hand seemed to be encouraging its fans to buy the discs to support it. Just seemed to be at odds the two sentiments.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

hpulley wrote:


Crow009 wrote:
That's not called going beyond not agreeing with someone. It's just called not agreeing with someone. If they say they want another season and I say I don't want one, that's called not agreeing not going beyond not agreeing. It would be beyond disagreeing if I then insulted someone, used explicit words, pushed my opinion on someone, bashed everything in the anime, or something like that, which I didn't.
I'm not "wishing" against someone elses enjoyment. I only commented on my own. I am not 5, I am aware that other people enjoy what I do not. I merely made a post saying that I didn't enjoy it or think it should get another season.

It's you guys that started quoting me and saying redundant things like that's just your opinion and stuff like that. I know that, I posted my opion, obviously I would know it is one.

The thread was made for the purpose of asking if you wanted another season, if you enjoyed it, what you would be looking forward to, etc and I am free to say I am not and did not.

Once again, saying I don't want a season 2 is not trolling. I would expect people to agree and people to disagree, not everyone likes the same anime, but calling me a troll just for not agreeing with everyone wanting one is wrong.

Yes because it most likely won't be very useful. Japanese companies want money, people on the internet, most of them who aren't supporting the show else how wouldn't be taken very seriously. What do you mean for anime or against it?

But I didn't make that argument against you. I specifically quoted someone else and was talking generally about the people who signed the petition. If you bought stuff for it, fine. That's good for you and you are possibly helping it get a second season. But people who watch only illegally online and just sign petitions aren't really.

The thread wasn't actually asking if you wanted season 2. It was a rhetorical question, "Anyone else ready for season 2?!?" because the original poster (I know as I have corresponded with them and given them novel spoilers) was very excited about watching episodes 13-24. No way was that poster asking for anyone to say, "Nah, I don't wanna see it, dropped it 11 episodes ago."

But you don't like it. Fine!

And you're right. If you just sign a petition you aren't helping to get season 2 really. If you'd read the entire thread (can't blame you for not going through all 29 pages) you would see I said exactly the same thing months ago. If you have a Crunchyroll membership and you watch here then you are helping a little bit, probably pays something more than a free viewer with ads, don't work for Crunchyroll in the accounting department so I don't really know but I suspect that buying the import discs supports it the most. Buying the cheaper North American release (Edit: Sentai licensed it for home video, haven't seen a release date yet?) doesn't help nearly as much as the sub-license passes on much less money.

But I still think your post looks like you're a troll. Go and read it again and imagine someone posted the same thing in a thread about one of your favorite shows. What response would you have given?

As for are you for or against anime or specifically this one it just seemed odd as you said you didn't like the show but then on the other hand seemed to be encouraging its fans to buy the discs to support it. Just seemed to be at odds the two sentiments.
Oh please, even the OP was talking about the anime. A rhetorical question is not right for a thread's topic, there's nothing to be discussed. He obviously meant for people to talk about it, nobody on the first page got called a troll when they posted more than "yes", people are free to disagree with whatever topic. And I actually watched the whole thing.

Yes importing the BDs helps the most, especially on the first week of sales. I don't know how much Crunchyroll and licensed DVDs do though, so I won't comment on that.

Oh, many people have posted similar things about my favorite anime. I leave them alone unless they claim something outrageous and untrue. If they are just posting their opinion about how they don't like it and would prefer it ending or whatever, I don't mind, of course I don't agree with them. But I don't jump on them and call them a troll just because they have a different opinion on an anime.
It takes much more to be called a troll.

A troll is someone who posts something just to get a rise and to start an argument, sometimes untrue things. I stated my opinion and left the thread, I wouldn't have minded if people ignored me as I do people who don't like my favorite anime, just carried on with their conversations. Then of course some people might have agreed with me and we could talk about the things we didn't like, that's fine too.

I'm for anime as a whole and I don't really like Sakurasou. But I acknowledge that other people do and if they buy the BDs, DVDs, or merch then that's fine, that's showing you support the anime which is a good thing. I respect other's opinions, I'll even give someone info and help them with something about an anime I don't like. I don't like people that don't support anime at all(I know I don't support it as much as I should) and then whine about an anime not doing what they want or thinking that a petition will automatically help them. Japanese companies care about money and will aim their products at who will give them it, they don't think of the people who watch it illegally online whining about how bad their work is or some petition signed by people who will never give them a cent. They probably would appreciate the thought, but anime costs a lot of money to make.

Posted 8/27/13

lorreen wrote:


hpulley wrote:


kritter09 wrote:

Wait... There is more?!

No, there isn't more. Unfortunately the title of this thread is misleading. Originally someone thought the second cour (episodes 13-24) was a second season. But now people think it means a season past the first 24 episodes and there hasn't been an announcement of it, not yet anyways.

But most of us are still hoping for one, for more.


Yeah this thread should probably have been renamed a while ago. A complete rename now might be even more confusing, but I have added a descriptive bit that might be a little bit of a clue. "No announcement yet...but wouldn't it be nice?"


Yeah, but it is still pretty depressing that there isn't one yet.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/28/13

Crow009 wrote:

Yes importing the BDs helps the most, especially on the first week of sales. I don't know how much Crunchyroll and licensed DVDs do though, so I won't comment on that.

Oh, many people have posted similar things about my favorite anime. I leave them alone unless they claim something outrageous and untrue. If they are just posting their opinion about how they don't like it and would prefer it ending or whatever, I don't mind, of course I don't agree with them. But I don't jump on them and call them a troll just because they have a different opinion on an anime.
It takes much more to be called a troll.

A troll is someone who posts something just to get a rise and to start an argument, sometimes untrue things. I stated my opinion and left the thread, I wouldn't have minded if people ignored me as I do people who don't like my favorite anime, just carried on with their conversations. Then of course some people might have agreed with me and we could talk about the things we didn't like, that's fine too.

I'm for anime as a whole and I don't really like Sakurasou. But I acknowledge that other people do and if they buy the BDs, DVDs, or merch then that's fine, that's showing you support the anime which is a good thing. I respect other's opinions, I'll even give someone info and help them with something about an anime I don't like. I don't like people that don't support anime at all(I know I don't support it as much as I should) and then whine about an anime not doing what they want or thinking that a petition will automatically help them. Japanese companies care about money and will aim their products at who will give them it, they don't think of the people who watch it illegally online whining about how bad their work is or some petition signed by people who will never give them a cent. They probably would appreciate the thought, but anime costs a lot of money to make.


First, you talk about illegally streaming anime and asking for season two but here on Crunchyroll anyways I think most people are watching Sakurasou legally unless the license doesn't cover them. So I am not sure you need to keep bringing that up. If were were on MyAnimeList.net where most people seem to watch illegal fansubs, I would agree with you there.

I know that release week sales count the most, especially for the first volume. That is when I buy my anime. Buying it months later after all the discs have come out doesn't actually help the show much as the committee will already have decided by then if it was successful or not which is part of the decision on whether or not to make another season.

Sentai's home fees don't help much. It takes a long time for them to even release the discs for home video and the fee they pay is probably quite small. There may be some up front payments but I suspect the guarantee is fairly low as I doubt Sentai expects to sell many copies and their price for a season is only $40-80 or something like that.

Again, sorry. To me your post appeared to be there simply to get a rise out of people. It certainly got one out of me...

And again, the funny thing is I share the same argument. In my opinion if you like the show and want to help it get a second season you should buy the import discs. They're expensive but they are that way because they are expected to support the show. Western anime buyers don't seem to understand this, they seem to think they should be able to get a season of anime for $9.99, not realizing that they would need to sell over 100,000 copies to break even at that rate compared to the 3000 copies at $300/season they get from imports. The best selling anime series this year did not sell 100,000 copies in Japan so shows like Sakurasou would never have any hope of breaking even for that price as there just aren't that many buyers. Crunchyroll has something like 200,000 subscribers so if you can imagine every subscriber spending $5/show for every show, that would help to support a show but we pay $60/year here and assuming Crunchyroll only used that money to pay for shows, nothing else that would only support 10-12 shows but Crunchyroll puts up over 100 shows a year. So while that money probably help them, it is far from enough.

Agreed again, this is a business. They don't want to take a loss when they make a show.
9372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 8/28/13

hpulley wrote:


Crow009 wrote:

Yes importing the BDs helps the most, especially on the first week of sales. I don't know how much Crunchyroll and licensed DVDs do though, so I won't comment on that.

Oh, many people have posted similar things about my favorite anime. I leave them alone unless they claim something outrageous and untrue. If they are just posting their opinion about how they don't like it and would prefer it ending or whatever, I don't mind, of course I don't agree with them. But I don't jump on them and call them a troll just because they have a different opinion on an anime.
It takes much more to be called a troll.

A troll is someone who posts something just to get a rise and to start an argument, sometimes untrue things. I stated my opinion and left the thread, I wouldn't have minded if people ignored me as I do people who don't like my favorite anime, just carried on with their conversations. Then of course some people might have agreed with me and we could talk about the things we didn't like, that's fine too.

I'm for anime as a whole and I don't really like Sakurasou. But I acknowledge that other people do and if they buy the BDs, DVDs, or merch then that's fine, that's showing you support the anime which is a good thing. I respect other's opinions, I'll even give someone info and help them with something about an anime I don't like. I don't like people that don't support anime at all(I know I don't support it as much as I should) and then whine about an anime not doing what they want or thinking that a petition will automatically help them. Japanese companies care about money and will aim their products at who will give them it, they don't think of the people who watch it illegally online whining about how bad their work is or some petition signed by people who will never give them a cent. They probably would appreciate the thought, but anime costs a lot of money to make.


First, you talk about illegally streaming anime and asking for season two but here on Crunchyroll anyways I think most people are watching Sakurasou legally unless the license doesn't cover them. So I am not sure you need to keep bringing that up. If were were on MyAnimeList.net where most people seem to watch illegal fansubs, I would agree with you there.

I know that release week sales count the most, especially for the first volume. That is when I buy my anime. Buying it months later after all the discs have come out doesn't actually help the show much as the committee will already have decided by then if it was successful or not which is part of the decision on whether or not to make another season.

Sentai's home fees don't help much. It takes a long time for them to even release the discs for home video and the fee they pay is probably quite small. There may be some up front payments but I suspect the guarantee is fairly low as I doubt Sentai expects to sell many copies and their price for a season is only $40-80 or something like that.

Again, sorry. To me your post appeared to be there simply to get a rise out of people. It certainly got one out of me...

And again, the funny thing is I share the same argument. In my opinion if you like the show and want to help it get a second season you should buy the import discs. They're expensive but they are that way because they are expected to support the show. Western anime buyers don't seem to understand this, they seem to think they should be able to get a season of anime for $9.99, not realizing that they would need to sell over 100,000 copies to break even at that rate compared to the 3000 copies at $300/season they get from imports. The best selling anime series this year did not sell 100,000 copies in Japan so shows like Sakurasou would never have any hope of breaking even for that price as there just aren't that many buyers. Crunchyroll has something like 200,000 subscribers so if you can imagine every subscriber spending $5/show for every show, that would help to support a show but we pay $60/year here and assuming Crunchyroll only used that money to pay for shows, nothing else that would only support 10-12 shows but Crunchyroll puts up over 100 shows a year. So while that money probably help them, it is far from enough.

Agreed again, this is a business. They don't want to take a loss when they make a show.


Just ignore him, nothing he posts holds any weight.... hes just a troll.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/28/13 , edited 8/28/13
Watching this series from the beginning again on my Blurays I don't understand how anyone could not love this. Just watched episodes 1-5 and again I can see why it was instant love for me. Love it, love it, love it!

The characters are so good, the humor is so funny, the animation so well done, the music is awesome.

While not season two, JC Staff's next Dengeki Bunko novel adaptation begins this fall. Toradora author's Golden Time! I will be watching!
Posted 8/28/13
Watch Little Busters Refrain! aswell from JC Staff, its gonna be awesome :P!
First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.