First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you like a second season of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou?
19488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Yes yes yes! Season 1 ended on such a high note! Can't wait for season 2! =^w^=
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Season 1 is not even over...
5306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
This show could have ended in one cour. It really came to a great conclusion in episode 12.
18063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/12
Well, for the people saying that Season 1 isn't over yet, a season is, well a season. Around 13 weeks so thats 13 episodes which is a typical season in anime. Of course, filler anime are different, I'm sure a season in filler anime is each arc. So in this case Season 2 would be from now (episode 12 or 13?) to around 24 to 26.
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

YuSooKey wrote:

This show could have ended in one cour. It really came to a great conclusion in episode 12.


But they're only done 3/8 of the light novels so far with two more being written. Still lots more of the story to come!
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/31/12 , edited 12/31/12
This image shows partly why anime can look better than real life, the stylized Nanami figure is one I don't think could exist in real life, like a Barbie(tm) doll. Overall in anime you can make things that are just... sigh... perfect. No, more perfect than perfect. More perfect than is possible.

I hope Sorata and Mashiro get together so I can console Nanami LOL. If only I were back in high school again, eh? That's why I love these shows, the high school first love scenario... reminiscing about those times is fun. Would have been really fun if it had happened like this... but for some reason no one wore maid outfits or thigh highs at my school... wrong school I guess ;)


Kageru77 wrote:

yes, more Nanami please


141548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/31/12
I just hope Rita returns soon; will probably read the LN once series finishes airing.
47731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

Kageru77wrote:

yes, more Nanami please :lol:



don't forget Mashiro, we need a good balance between the two

61476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

shadowsfall1992 wrote:


AKidLikeMe wrote:

Well, for the people saying that Season 1 isn't over yet, a season is, well a season. Around 13 weeks so thats 13 episodes which is a typical season in anime. Of course, filler anime are different, I'm sure a season in filler anime is each arc. So in this case Season 2 would be from now (episode 12 or 13?) to around 24 to 26.


Yeah, I understand what you're saying, and honestly I don't think you're wrong. But please allow me to tell you my opinion on how I think seasons work:
When a series is ordered, they have a set number of how much they have to make. With that set number that ordered, that's how I consider what a season is. I would just say this will be a complete series until they order more episodes. However; with anime like Naruto and its arcs, yeah I don't want to get into that because I won't know where to start with that and even then if my answer will have some sort of understanding. If that didn't make any sense to you, I'll try my best to explain just not here anymore because I'm not adding to the topic :)

My example(s) are
Medaka Box (Season one) & Medaka Box Abonormal (Season 2)
Sword Art Online (I think twenty-five episodes were ordered in the beginning and they have broken those up into two arcs. But I would just say this is a complete Series)



A lot of people still seem to get confused on this and part of the problem is confusion on the words season, series, and story arc.

A season (or cour) generally consists of 12 or 13 episodes and are broken up into the 4 seasons of the year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer). So when a show is 2 cours long, that's 2 seasons (approx. 24-26 eps ) versus one cour (12 or 13 eps) or 3 cours (approx 36 eps - kind of rare) or 4 cours (50 to 52 eps) etc.....

When a production committee first forms and gives the green light for production to start, they determine how many seasons (cours) the show will be. Now if that series turns out to be successful, another committee may be formed and they will make a sequel (or prequel). But this will be considered a separate SERIES. The confusion comes when local licensors/distributors market that second series as a second SEASON.....regardless of whether the first season was one, two, or even 3 or 4 cours long. But in Japan they don't do this.

Take for example "Clannad" and "Clannad After Story". Here in the West we often mistakenly refer to them as Season One and Season Two respectively. But in Japan when you see "Clannad: the Complete Series" advertised....you're only getting eps 1-24. "Clannad After Story" is considered a whole separate series. And when you see them listed in those Big Globe polls, they are listed separately as well, rather than as one SERIES. That's why they have different names. Same goes for shows like "Code Geass" and "Code Geass R2", or "K-On!" and "K-On!!" (with 2 exclamation marks). Notice they almost never use the word "season" in their marketing. That's just something we add on to it in the West.

Sometimes you might see a 2 cour series packaged as one box set in Japan and they might say "contains both parts 1 & 2". That's still 2 seasons.

A story arc is just a segment of a larger, over arching story, and does not necessarily have to line up with the start or end of a season. So something like "Sword Art Online" had several story arcs in the first season, but the second season (Alf online) wasn't a story arc, but a whole different story.

So YES....season 2 of Sakurasou does start with episode 13.
Posted 1/1/13
I only got through half way of the first episode. Would you reccomend me finishing the series??
61167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 1/1/13

Kouunna wrote:

I only got through half way of the first episode. Would you reccomend me finishing the series??


Yes. The show is definitely not what it first appears to be. While it has plenty of fan service moments, there is good character development and a surprisingly good story. Watch the first 3 episodes and then make up your mind.
15571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Eroge Store
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I am fully prepared !! Sorata ready to confess mashiro
45119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I need to watch season 1 first.
2848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I'm new at this show but I know how it feels when a good series just end in a cliffhanger
DonB04 
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
MUST HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.