First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Who do you think is Fairy Tail's main character?
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/30/12

jaxems wrote:

So what if Natsu is based off Luffy. Luffy is based of Goku, so does that make One Piece a rip off of Dragon Ball Z



The only difference is, One Piece of Heaven has far eclipsed Dragon Ball
in terms of acclaim, sales and longevity. Both shit effortlessly on other anime though.

Fairy Tail can keep trying to become one of these legends but we all know how that's gonna end.



And please stay on topic.

#natsumaincharacter

321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Natsu,Ezra,Grey,Lucy,and Happy are all primary characters in Fairy Tails story. They are all interconnected.
25869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/30/12

koreissi wrote:


taichi556 wrote:


koreissi wrote:


taichi556 wrote:

The main character is Lucy. While Natsu plays the role of the hero, the story is taken from the perspective of Lucy. The story telling is similar to Haruhi Suzumiya where Haruhi is the focus of the plot; however, Kyon is the main character directing the story. I can't particularly think of any other shounen series that takes such an approach, which is partially why I find Fairy Tail so interesting in the first place.

I also can't agree that Natsu has a more developed back story than Lucy. In fact, Natsu probably has the least back story out of their entire team.


Besides her mom dyeing and her daddy issues, what else is there?


That's a fairly summarized form of her development. You listed points, but the fact of the matter is they actually expanded on those points of her back story. We know Natsu is looking for Igneel, and he has some very vague connection to Zeref, but that is literally it. They have not delved any further into those points. Not even Natsu seems to remember these details, so what is there to go on? All of the other characters have been touched on, but Natsu's character is still a mystery.


They have not delved any further into those points... YET! The Igneel and Zeref affairs seem to be the whole show's back story, let alone Natsu's. You know it's coming and you know it's gonna be big. And again, did I miss a Lucy episode?


Wooow, let's step off the passive aggressive train for a second. I like Natsu as much as the next guy, but let's keep it classy.

In any case, the crux of Natsu's story being the dragons disappearance, let us not forget that Layla Heartfilia died the same day the dragons disappeared. If you are justifying your argument by things that have yet to come, then is this also not an obviously important point to take into consideration?

Either way, I refer back to my point that Fairy Tail's story is told in a similar fashion to Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucy doesn't have to be the focus of the plot for her to be the main character. The fact that the story is told from her perspective is the piece that matters. Someone had brought up earlier that it depends on one's own opinion of what a main character is of course. Perhaps your view of what a main character is may differ from my own.
Posted 12/30/12

taichi556 wrote:


koreissi wrote:


taichi556 wrote:


koreissi wrote:


taichi556 wrote:

The main character is Lucy. While Natsu plays the role of the hero, the story is taken from the perspective of Lucy. The story telling is similar to Haruhi Suzumiya where Haruhi is the focus of the plot; however, Kyon is the main character directing the story. I can't particularly think of any other shounen series that takes such an approach, which is partially why I find Fairy Tail so interesting in the first place.

I also can't agree that Natsu has a more developed back story than Lucy. In fact, Natsu probably has the least back story out of their entire team.


Besides her mom dyeing and her daddy issues, what else is there?


That's a fairly summarized form of her development. You listed points, but the fact of the matter is they actually expanded on those points of her back story. We know Natsu is looking for Igneel, and he has some very vague connection to Zeref, but that is literally it. They have not delved any further into those points. Not even Natsu seems to remember these details, so what is there to go on? All of the other characters have been touched on, but Natsu's character is still a mystery.


They have not delved any further into those points... YET! The Igneel and Zeref affairs seem to be the whole show's back story, let alone Natsu's. You know it's coming and you know it's gonna be big. And again, did I miss a Lucy episode?


Wooow, let's step off the passive aggressive train for a second. I like Natsu as much as the next guy, but let's keep it classy.

In any case, the crux of Natsu's story being the dragons disappearance, let us not forget that Layla Heartfilia died the same day the dragons disappeared. If you are justifying your argument by things that have yet to come, then is this also not an obviously important point to take into consideration?

Either way, I refer back to my point that Fairy Tail's story is told in a similar fashion to Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucy doesn't have to be the focus of the plot for her to be the main character. The fact that the story is told from her perspective is the piece that matters. Someone had brought up earlier that it depends on one's own opinion of what a main character is of course. Perhaps your view of what a main character is may differ from my own.


Sorry if my last post seemed aggressive to you, I try to be extra careful on that matter usually. Well, Layla dyeing on that day is news to me .
Anyways, by your definition, isn't Lucy a ''Supporting Protagonist'' rather than the main character per se?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SupportingProtagonist
1574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Even though Natsu is the one who always defeat the boss still Lucy is the one who started the story and her background is more detailed than Natsu.. But if we'll take a look with their background it has to be Lucy or Erzxa.. But if we'll take a look with their will it has to be Natsu cause he's always the one who is defeating the boss. So I guess.. Their group composing: Natsu, Lucy and Erza are the main. hahaha... ^_______________^
621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New World
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Its Guildarts! But seriously it's most likely Natsu
Posted 1/1/13
There are more than one main characters in this series: Lucy, Erza, Gray and Natsu.
2466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
Lucy.
27024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/2/13
I think it depends on how you look at it. Most people see the main character as the one telling the story - the one that connects the audience to the story and surroundings of the story. In this sense, the main character would be Lucy. The story is told from her perspective and it while the arc may not always focus on her - it it essentially through her eyes/words that the story is told. I think Natsu is also a pretty main character however - as he is often the hero of the arc.
It does say on the Fairy Tail wiki site that Lucy is the main FEMALE character, and Natsu is the main MALE character. I guess it has two main charactrs. But in my opinion, the main character is Lucy. The story is essentially told by Lucy.
40021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HI
Offline
Posted 1/2/13

dwadewade wrote:

It has to be between Natsu and Lucy, but if one had to be chosen I think Lucy would be the main character because it seems like the main story focuses more on her life and joining fairy tail as well as the mysteries surrounding her, her family, and her powers.


Yeah at the beginning its kinda all about her.
Posted 1/3/13
Since Fairy Tail usually revolves around Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Happy, and Charla, I would go as far to say that it is the group of characters who is the main character rather than just one individual, with a focus on the guild's adventures that stem from the various characters.
21192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/13 , edited 1/3/13
It's kinda meant to be lucy, you guys should look up the arthor of fairy tail (slaps myself for not knowing his name) and find his first manga before fairy tail, most of his characters like lucy/natsu/happy were all taken from that, and it seemed centered around the lucy char more... Was funny seeing the fairy tail chars in his other manga deff check it out... But even the anime story summmary starts off as "lucys a girl who blah blah blah" its pitched like its from her persepective interacting with the guild... But i think everyone would agree natsu is the main char in the fans eyes, and least lucy isnt useless and a waste of space like sakura in naruto.
38662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/13 , edited 1/3/13
Lucy is definitely the main character. It doesn't mean she is the most interesting or what the fans focus on like most shows,but this is suppose to be her story.


chrome_mist wrote:

The only difference is, One Piece of Heaven has far eclipsed Dragon Ball
in terms of acclaim, sales and longevity. Both shit effortlessly on other anime though.



33734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/3/13
Pretty much everything is centered around Lucy, I find it hard to argue that she isn't. Its as if she is telling the story. Natsu is more like the hero, which is fine because the main character doesn't always have to be the hero.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 6/4/13
Summer forum cleaning! To keep the forums neat and tidy we only keep 6 months worth of threads since its June 4, 2013 [6/4/13] we will keep only keep posts open from January 4, 2013 [1/4/13]. Please feel free to recreate any thread closed, as long as someone else didn't open another similar one before you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.