First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Season 2 for Say "I love you" (do you think there will be one?)
4318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Somewhere out the...
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Last night, I had a dream of Crunchyroll announcing Season 2 for Say "I love you".

I know my dreams never gave me false hopes. My dreams are always true 99% of the time. The 1% is bacon.
But overall, since the anime is such a big hit and the manga is still ongoing. I'm gladly excited that I had this dream telling me about it. I will wish every night and keep my New Years resolution for this Second Season to show up.

If the second season hasn't been announced, I will be very sad and many other Say "I love you" fans out there, too.

Anyway, Do you think the Second Season will show up anytime soon?

61202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
It will depend on sales, so there won't be an announcement anytime soon. But, personally, I believe this will get a second season. We'll hear more by this summer.
mipegg 
20398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Depends on the sales, from what I've heard they arent brilliant though. I think MAL already has a page up for an OVA though, so theres that?
21875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
forget what them bum heads say i believe in your dream
wont do us wring
141762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/30/12
I doubt there will be a season 2 since it did catch up to the manga pretty well. There's still an OVA though.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
Maybe some day there will be, I thought it was good enough to deserve a little more. Although if it's already gotten close to catching up with the manga you'll just have to be patient for a while
21875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/30/12

stark700 wrote:

I doubt there will be a season 2 since it did catch up to the manga pretty well. There's still an OVA though.


who says is has to go by the manga
hayate the combat butler season 3 didnt go by the manga
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/12 , edited 12/30/12
They got to chapter 27 of the manga but the final episode looks like an anime ending unless they skipped to chapters 37-40 which I haven't read yet. Book ten arrives in about two weeks for me but others may have seen raw scans from the monthly magazine already. So there isn't a huge amount of material to do right now so I would be surprised if season two came right now. The thirteen chapters remaining unanimated are probably at most half a season worth or as little as 2-3 OVAs of material.

Sales figures for volume one come out next week but presales tracking was low so I will be shocked if it sold well. I have my copy already, love it!

In brighter news for Dessert shojo anime the second disc of Tonari no Kaibutsu kun sold out at amazon. Disc one didn't do great but if it picks up... You never know. That manga has seven books worth left to be animated as it stuck closer to the books without skipping chapters so lots and lots of material is already available if they want a second season!

I am currently asking/begging for second seasons of both and have bought all the manga and BDs so I have personally done all I can do to try and make them decide to make more shojo anime. Dessert has so far only thanked me for my continued support...

Chihayafuru had poor disc sales for season one but they made season two anyways, perhaps because the manga is a big hit. I will be watching the January manga sales figures closely to see if the Dessert shojo twins get a bump.
141762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/30/12

LordBaka wrote:


stark700 wrote:

I doubt there will be a season 2 since it did catch up to the manga pretty well. There's still an OVA though.


who says is has to go by the manga
hayate the combat butler season 3 didnt go by the manga


Nobody did.

I'm stating facts since I've been reading the manga.
1995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 12/30/12
I would love a season 2 to come out!
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 12/30/12

hpulley wrote:

They got to chapter 27 of the manga but the final episode looks like an anime ending unless they skipped to chapters 37-40 which I haven't read yet. Book ten arrives in about two weeks for me but others may have seen raw scans from the monthly magazine already. So there isn't a huge amount of material to do right now so I would be surprised if season two came right now. The thirteen chapters remaining unanimated are probably at most half a season worth or as little as 2-3 OVAs of material.

Sales figures for volume one come out next week but presales tracking was low so I will be shocked if it sold well. I have my copy already, love it!

In brighter news for Dessert shojo anime the second disc of Tonari no Kaibutsu kun sold out at amazon. Disc one didn't do great but if it picks up... You never know. That manga has seven books worth left to be animated as it stuck closer to the books without skipping chapters so lots and lots of material is already available if they want a second season!

I am currently asking/begging for second seasons of both and have bought all the manga and BDs so I have personally done all I can do to try and make them decide to make more shojo anime. Dessert has so far only thanked me for my continued support...

Chihayafuru had poor disc sales for season one but they made season two anyways, perhaps because the manga is a big hit. I will be watching the January manga sales figures closely to see if the Dessert shojo twins get a bump.


I think it was a anime original ending, or close to one at least. At this point in time the manga is exploring more of the side characters like Megumi and Kai, at least that's what I gather.
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

I think it was a anime original ending, or close to one at least. At this point in time the manga is exploring more of the side characters like Megumi and Kai, at least that's what I gather.


Two weeks, can't wait to read it. Have so much to read though...
Posted 1/1/13
I season 2 wouuld be amazing, but you know. All the season 1s are always the most prefect!
372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/1/13 , edited 1/1/13
ZEXCS are famous of never done a sequel to any of their adaptations and they likely never will so the chance of getting season 2 is really slim.

It's better to hope another studio picks this up or reboots it first rather than hoping a season 2.
14032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/13
I'm more interested in the 1% of your dreams.

But, since I'm here, I'd love for them to make a season 2. If they don't have enough sales, someone ask them how much money they need and I'll send a check over.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.