First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Kokoro Connect
mipegg 
18388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/31/12
Hey,

I did a forum search but I couldnt find a topic for this anime, if there is one please link me and delete this.

Any ideas when episodes 14-17 are going up on CR? I believe that 14 aired in Japan yesterday (30th) but I cant see it on the release schedule at all
Posted 12/31/12
The main thread is here; you can find discussion threads starting from Spring 2011 in this archive.

According to ANN, episodes 16-17 and are DVD/BD only so it's unlikely that CrunchyRoll will obtain the remaining episodes; seeing as you're in England, I don't think there is are any legal distributions for you at this moment so you will either have to import the DVD/Bs from Sentai Filmworks when it is released or resort to illegal means.
The Wise Wizard
73004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 12/31/12

AsuraCryin wrote:
According to ANN, episodes 16-17 and are DVD/BD only so it's unlikely that CrunchyRoll will obtain the remaining episodes; seeing as you're in England, I don't think there is are any legal distributions for you at this moment so you will either have to import the DVD/Bs from Sentai Filmworks when it is released or resort to illegal means.

You are looking at old info. Episodes 14-17 aired on December 30 on AT-X (in a two hour block):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-22/kokoro-connect-no.14-17-slated-for-december-30

mipegg 
18388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/31/12
Hmm, it does still say DVD only on anime news network though
133154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/31/12
Ya, it aired already on AT-X. It was a nice watch, now waiting for subs to debut soon.
59402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

AsuraCryin wrote:

I don't think there is are any legal distributions for you at this moment so you will either have to import the DVD/Bs from Sentai Filmworks when it is released or resort to illegal means.


I thought the UK was in a different region than the US. Wouldn't importing DVD's from Japan work better or am I missing something?
mipegg 
18388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

KaiserSosei wrote:


AsuraCryin wrote:

I don't think there is are any legal distributions for you at this moment so you will either have to import the DVD/Bs from Sentai Filmworks when it is released or resort to illegal means.


I thought the UK was in a different region than the US. Wouldn't importing DVD's from Japan work better or am I missing something?



Japan uses NTSC-J so unless you have a universal DVD player you cant use them anyway. Just seems a shame that the anime industry seems intent on not helping itself, there are already funsubs out for this yet theres no word on if/when it'll be on a legitimate service
Posted 12/31/12

KaiserSosei wrote:

I thought the UK was in a different region than the US. Wouldn't importing DVD's from Japan work better or am I missing something?


Japanese imports may not include subtitles and are often far more pricier than the U.S. releases; prices aside, the Japanese imports are what you want to get if you really enjoy nice packaging and extras such as artbooks, boxset cases, etc. I recommend importing from the U.S. because the material are for the most part cheaper.

Looking at this map shows that Japan and England have the same region for DVD/BDs but I think Japan does some kind of lock on their DVDs/BDs -- I believe that any player on a laptop/desktop will be able to play them regardless.

Or you can resort to fansubs if you don't wish to spend money.
The Wise Wizard
73004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 12/31/12 , edited 12/31/12

mipegg wrote:

Hmm, it does still say DVD only on anime news network though

Did you click on the ANN link I posted in my response (not the one I quoted)?

Both links were from Anime News Network. The one from AsuraCryin I quoted links to a August 15, 2012 news article. The one I posted was from December 22, 2012.

mipegg 
18388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/31/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


mipegg wrote:

Hmm, it does still say DVD only on anime news network though

Did you click on the ANN link I posted in my response (not the one I quoted)?

Both links were from Anime News Network. The one from AsuraCryin I quoted links to a August 15, 2012 news article. The one I posted was from December 22, 2012.



Ah, so it does. Must jsut be them forgetting to update the episode listings!
59402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 12/31/12 , edited 12/31/12

AsuraCryin wrote:


KaiserSosei wrote:

I thought the UK was in a different region than the US. Wouldn't importing DVD's from Japan work better or am I missing something?


Japanese imports may not include subtitles and are often far more pricier than the U.S. releases; prices aside, the Japanese imports are what you want to get if you really enjoy nice packaging and extras such as artbooks, boxset cases, etc. I recommend importing from the U.S. because the material are for the most part cheaper.

Looking at this map shows that Japan and England have the same region for DVD/BDs but I think Japan does some kind of lock on their DVDs/BDs -- I believe that any player on a laptop/desktop will be able to play them regardless.

Or you can resort to fansubs if you don't wish to spend money.


Reason I ask is both American DVD's & Blu-rays were supposed to be incompatible with UK players, while the UK & Japan DO shhare the same DVD region at least, which is why I assumed it would only be feasible to import the DVD from Japan and not the American distributor (which wouldn't do the OP any good I don't think) and just hope they come with subs like some of their releases are these days.

As for laptops/desktops being able to play American region formats, I heard there was indeed a way to hack into the drive and make it able to play media encoded to the American region, but then they wouldn't be able to play local UK region discs (or that you could only hack and switch between regions so many times). Is there a fix for this now?

It's looking more and more like fansubs would be the only way to go for the OP. tsk tsk
Posted 12/31/12

KaiserSosei wrote:

As for laptops/desktops being able to play American region formats, I heard there was indeed a way to hack into the drive and make it able to play media encoded to the American region, but then they wouldn't be able to play local UK region discs (or that you could only hack and switch between regions so many times). Is there a fix for this now?

It's looking more and more like fansubs would be the only way to go for the OP. tsk tsk


I'm not quite sure how laptop/desktop DVD/BD players work so I can't answer you; I do know that VLC can work with DVDs/BDs from other regions (without changing the region) but its quality is terrible compared to other media players like MPC-HC although I'm not sure how MPC-HC works with DVDs/BDs.
47389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/31/12
North America and Japan share the same BD region one, luckily for me. For Japan region two DVDs I have to use my laptop which is set to Japanese for other reasons but not sure it is needed; luckily it has an HDMI port.

Unless Crunchyroll announces these later I will need to wait for my BDs but I have all the novels already so I know what it is about.
Posted 12/31/12
I never watched it, how many stars would you rate out of 5?
47389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/31/12

Kouunna wrote:

I never watched it, how many stars would you rate out of 5?


6/5 masterpiece in my opinion, great story, characters with depth who you care about, beautiful art and animation, wonderful music, funny at points, really emotional, a bit of ecchi for flavor.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.