First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Do wishing and praying work?
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


TheZorch wrote:

I subscribe to the teachings of the Law of Attraction, which says our thoughts determine our reality. Therefore, prays and wishes can come true if you truly belief they can and let no doubt enter your heart. Not because some sky god makes them come true, but because you will them into being because you are the Creator.


I cannot will my thoughts into reality, so this does not work.


You are doing it all the time and you don't even know it.



Why would I want to do this?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


TheZorch wrote:

I subscribe to the teachings of the Law of Attraction, which says our thoughts determine our reality. Therefore, prays and wishes can come true if you truly belief they can and let no doubt enter your heart. Not because some sky god makes them come true, but because you will them into being because you are the Creator.


I cannot will my thoughts into reality, so this does not work.


You are doing it all the time and you don't even know it.



Why would I want to do this?


It is because you choose to.

63155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Online
Posted 1/26/13
If you wish something to happen or pray for something to happen, then yes, it works. If it doesn't happen, then it's possible that it didn't work.

If you don't wish for something to happen, and it happens, you are completely unprepared for it. If you pray for something to happen and it happens, you are ready to move on to the next thing right away.

Overall, it doesn't hurt to wish or pray, but not having that hope for the future may ruin a good thing
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


TheZorch wrote:

I subscribe to the teachings of the Law of Attraction, which says our thoughts determine our reality. Therefore, prays and wishes can come true if you truly belief they can and let no doubt enter your heart. Not because some sky god makes them come true, but because you will them into being because you are the Creator.


I cannot will my thoughts into reality, so this does not work.


You are doing it all the time and you don't even know it.



Why would I want to do this?


It is because you choose to.



Why would I choose to do this?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


TheZorch wrote:

I subscribe to the teachings of the Law of Attraction, which says our thoughts determine our reality. Therefore, prays and wishes can come true if you truly belief they can and let no doubt enter your heart. Not because some sky god makes them come true, but because you will them into being because you are the Creator.


I cannot will my thoughts into reality, so this does not work.


You are doing it all the time and you don't even know it.



Why would I want to do this?


It is because you choose to.



Why would I choose to do this?


Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.

31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?


Because you wanted to learn to overcome it.

31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?


Because you wanted to learn to overcome it.



How can I learn to overcome it if I can never overcome it?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?


Because you wanted to learn to overcome it.



How can I learn to overcome it if I can never overcome it?


Yes, you can, man. All you need to do is believe in yourself.

31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?


Because you wanted to learn to overcome it.



How can I learn to overcome it if I can never overcome it?


Yes, you can, man. All you need to do is believe in yourself.



Just because I believe in myself doesn't mean I will overcome the pain in this life.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13 , edited 1/26/13
wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:



Because you wanted to learn how pain feels.



Why would I want pain throughout my entire life?


Because you wanted to learn to overcome it.



How can I learn to overcome it if I can never overcome it?


Yes, you can, man. All you need to do is believe in yourself.



Just because I believe in myself doesn't mean I will overcome the pain in this life.

Yes, it does. That is how I broke free from my mental prison. If I can do it, you can do it.

31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13 , edited 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:



Yes, it does. That is how I broke free from my mental prison.



But I am not stuck in a mental prison, I am stuck in reality.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13 , edited 1/26/13


How can I learn to overcome it if I can never overcome it?

Yes, you can, man. All you need to do is believe in yourself.



Just because I believe in myself doesn't mean I will overcome the pain in this life.

Yes, it does. That is how I broke free from my mental prison.



But I am not stuck in a mental prison, I am stuck in reality.

Yes, you are. It is so obvious to me and to every other person around you. Again, define reality. I don't think you know the true nature of reality.

31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

-Vega- wrote:



Yes, you are. It is so obvious to me and to every other person around. Again define reality. I don't think you know the true nature of reality.



Reality is what I am currently dealing with now, in the waking hours of my life. There is nothing for me here. The only thing my future holds is failure. I am worth more dead than alive. I should have never been born.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

HimitsuUK wrote:

I was reading about something the other night (too late at night, actually) that if people focus will onto something to come true, to such a high point, it may become true: or through manipulation. It was in relation to folk and the paranormal and comparable to the law of attraction. I can't remember the term for it, but it was very interesting.


I am glad that you came across that piece of information.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.