First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Spring 2013 Anime
37065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
Looks like a great Spring season
112225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
@pistolsaf Since sentai has persona four the animation its highly likely they will try to get devil survivor 2 (it is another spinoff from the shin megami tensei video game series persona is a spinoff of.)
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
Is Kuroko no Basket season 2 coming in spring 2013?

My watchlist for spring at this moment:

Karneval
Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2 the Animation
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku
Suisei no Galgantia

The Wise Wizard
73044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/9/13

PrincessOfBlackRosez wrote:

Is Kuroko no Basket season 2 coming in spring 2013?

For the moment, Countdown doesn't even list it in the general "2013" section, although it is likely to be out sometime this year.

Given how recently the second series was announced, I would say a spring premiere is doubtful.

20875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
as long as you guys get combat butler i could care less about the rest
16176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 1/9/13
Well, i'm to lazy to look up all of theese animes haha!. Will just watch Ep.1 of everything crunchyroll decides to upload i guess.
The Wise Wizard
73044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/10/13
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 will begin airing on TV in the spring, taking the slot on currently occupied by Magi:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-10/5th-yamato-2199-film-tv-premiere-slated-for-april
32301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/11/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 will begin airing on TV in the spring, taking the slot on currently occupied by Magi
:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-10/5th-yamato-2199-film-tv-premiere-slated-for-april

and the odds of that coming CR are about.. nil.. right?

The Wise Wizard
73044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/11/13

Arsenette wrote:
and the odds of that coming CR are about.. nil.. right?


Normally, since it will be on TBS I would agree, but it depends on the international distributor. After all, CR has Magi, the series it will replace, but that is due to Aniplex handling the licensing. (No surprise, given that it was produced by A-1 Pictures).

Looking at the list of involved production companies in the ANN Encyclopedia, Bandai pops up twice, plus Lantis, a Bandai subsidiary. That said, I note Voyager Entertainment (the company holding most Yamato title licenses in the United States) is also listed. If they are handling the international rights (or just those for the United States), then the prospects of any simulcast are in question, as they have no history related to simulcasting to reference.
47403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 1/11/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Arsenette wrote:
and the odds of that coming CR are about.. nil.. right?


Normally, since it will be on TBS I would agree, but it depends on the international distributor. After all, CR has Magi, the series it will replace, but that is due to Aniplex handling the licensing. (No surprise, given that it was produced by A-1 Pictures).

Looking at the list of involved production companies in the ANN Encyclopedia, Bandai pops up twice, plus Lantis, a Bandai subsidiary. That said, I note Voyager Entertainment (the company holding most Yamato title licenses in the United States) is also listed. If they are handling the international rights (or just those for the United States), then the prospects of any simulcast are in question, as they have no history related to simulcasting to reference.


Will be a trip back in time to watch that... The original Uchuu senkan Yamato / Starblazers is one of the first animes I watched. Would be nice if CR got it. But people think Simulcasting and translating is bad today, man, it was bad back then... I am pretty sure we waited years for the broadcasts here, with huge changes like completely removing Yamato from the name and the anime as it was a Japanese battleship in WWII.
34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/11/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Arsenette wrote:
and the odds of that coming CR are about.. nil.. right?


Normally, since it will be on TBS I would agree, but it depends on the international distributor. After all, CR has Magi, the series it will replace, but that is due to Aniplex handling the licensing. (No surprise, given that it was produced by A-1 Pictures).

Looking at the list of involved production companies in the ANN Encyclopedia, Bandai pops up twice, plus Lantis, a Bandai subsidiary. That said, I note Voyager Entertainment (the company holding most Yamato title licenses in the United States) is also listed. If they are handling the international rights (or just those for the United States), then the prospects of any simulcast are in question, as they have no history related to simulcasting to reference.


I'd say that Funimation has a good chance of getting it. Last July, Funimation licensed Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (it was announced as art of their Otakon annoucements)
www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-28/funi-adds-seikishi-yamato/r-one-piece/strong-world-fairy-tail-film-akira

I also have a question, should we consider the NoitaminA rerun of Katanagatari as part of the Spring 2013 lineup? I know that it is originally a 2010 anime, but I wonder if this gives Crunchyroll a reason to add it as a simulcast(although it is licensed by NIS America) or as a catalog title?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-21/katanagatari-to-rerun-in-noitamina-block-in-april

EDIT: And we have our first premiere date and time for Spring. According to FansubDB, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199(Space Battleship Yamato 2199) premieres on Sunday, April 7th at 5 pm JST
The Wise Wizard
73044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/11/13

pistolsaf wrote:
I'd say that Funimation has a good chance of getting it. Last July, Funimation licensed Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (it was announced as art of their Otakon annoucements)
www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-28/funi-adds-seikishi-yamato/r-one-piece/strong-world-fairy-tail-film-akira

I also have a question, should we consider the NoitaminA rerun of Katanagatari as part of the Spring 2013 lineup? I know that it is originally a 2010 anime, but I wonder if this gives Crunchyroll a reason to add it as a simulcast(although it is licensed by NIS America) or as a catalog title?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-21/katanagatari-to-rerun-in-noitamina-block-in-april

EDIT: And we have our first premiere date and time for Spring. According to FansubDB, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199(Space Battleship Yamato 2199) premieres on Sunday, April 7th at 5 pm JST

The difference with Resurrection is that Voyager Entertainment doesn't appear to be involved. They would likely retain home video rights for 2199 themselves, which would cool Funimation's interest in any simulcast (although it wouldn't bother CR at all).

I expect one way or another we will see a physical release in the United States. My concern is whether we will have a simulcast. It is possible that in return for their involvement, Voyager only gets home video rights, and streaming rights would be in someone else's hands (i.e., Bandai).
32301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/11/13
I hope we get a simulcast and CR picks it up. I adored the original series and the few minutes that were up on Youtube were GORGEOUS.. I'd love to see it in it's entirety before I figure out how much this uber expensive series will cost me to own in the future. And yes.. going down memory lane.. I ran home from school to watch this show on television when it aired! Would be fantastic to see it cleaned up and in it's original story set up. NO offense to the "Star Blazers" I grew up with but I would love to see the unedited remake of the original series I still hold very close to my heart.
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/11/13

pistolsaf wrote:

EDIT: And we have our first premiere date and time for Spring. According to FansubDB, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199(Space Battleship Yamato 2199) premieres on Sunday, April 7th at 5 pm JST


I think FansubDB is jumping the gun by assuming it'll be April 7th. Only the month, day and time is known atm.

http://www.yamato2199.net/news.html#yamato2199_tv

If Magi is 26 episodes total, as FansubDB indicated, then it can't be the 7th unless there's a double-episodes airing for Magi.

34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
It's already been put in the Crunchyroll News section as a preliminary Spring chart, but here is the link for version 0.2b of the Nihonomaru chart

http://i2.minus.com/iFPOlyVuuyAdg.jpg

Good to see that at least somebody is keeping up with the charts. Neregate still hasn't started on Spring yet and I don't know if we'll ever get a Winter chart from Animucharts.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.