First  Prev  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  Next  Last
Post Reply Spring 2013 Anime
22548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Online
Posted 4/9/13 , edited 4/9/13
Samurai Girls, Katanagatari, and/or JoJo's would be a dream come true for the catalog titles. Or maybe Zettai Karen Children? Oh, the possibilities
19644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/9/13 , edited 4/9/13
Really liked Shingeki no Kyojin, Hataraku Maou-sama! and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru through the first episodes.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Suisei no Garugantia had pretty solid episodes as well.

I'm still looking forward to Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko as well, not a bad start to the season...it'd be nice if crunchy could grab it :O
The Wise Wizard
75092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

Balzack wrote:

If Funimation is going to take all the damn shows the least they could do is hire a halfways decent web designer! Not looking forward to watching stuff on there They should be seriously embarrassed by that website.

Unless you are an Elite subscriber, just watch them at Hulu. As with last season, it appears all their simulcasts will be there.




Captainkirko wrote:

Does funimation not have a xbox 360 app?

They mentioned in their forum that a PS3 app should be coming this year, but I don't recall the XBOX 360 being mentioned.

46357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 4/9/13
You know, I honestly don't like the translated title of Yahari Ore

Something about "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" just sounds weird

I know its so that people can sort of understand what the show is about but still, I would've settled for Oregairu (even if you don't know what its about from the name, shows like Oreimo and Oreshura worked out ok with their shortened titles)
66652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/9/13 , edited 4/9/13

hpulley wrote: ... So the real question is... did TAN get anything?


Surely they did, and given the catalog titles they rolled out all-episodes this week, I'd guess they might start streaming next week.

The question was whether they got any exclusives, or whether the neoADV-oplex has decided to include Crunchyroll streaming for all of their acquisitions.


pistolsaf wrote:

Balzack wrote:

That's weird, wouldn't this be the first time Funimation has licensed a PA Works title?


RDG is Kadokawa. PA Works to my knowledge isn't involved in distribution. But I also can't seem to remember Funi licensing anything animated by P.A Works.

What would being hired to do the animation production have to do with who licenses it? That would be more about being on the production committee. P.A. Works doesn't have a lot of production credits listed at Anime News Network, but they are listed as co-producer for Tsubasa, which is a Funimation license.
17083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 727 The Zoo
Offline
Posted 4/9/13
What are the chances of CR getting Attack on Titan? Date a Live and Railgun? since other sites may have the rights, does that mean CR can never get the rights? Still new to the whole simulcast thing.
17756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

Captainkirko wrote:

What are the chances of CR getting Attack on Titan? Date a Live and Railgun? since other sites may have the rights, does that mean CR can never get the rights? Still new to the whole simulcast thing.

Sometimes shows are shared with CR (from Aniplex, Viz, or Sentai/TAN), so they may appear on CR and on the other corresponding sites. However, all three shows you mentioned are Funimation simulcasts, and Funimation doesn't share with CR. So CR will never get the rights (at least as far as can be predicted by history). Funimation simulcasts will appear first on Funimation.com, and then on Hulu a few hours later.
31484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 4/9/13

hatguy12 wrote:


Captainkirko wrote:

What are the chances of CR getting Attack on Titan? Date a Live and Railgun? since other sites may have the rights, does that mean CR can never get the rights? Still new to the whole simulcast thing.

Sometimes shows are shared with CR (from Aniplex, Viz, or Sentai/TAN), so they may appear on CR and on the other corresponding sites. However, all three shows you mentioned are Funimation simulcasts, and Funimation doesn't share with CR. So CR will never get the rights (at least as far as can be predicted by history). Funimation simulcasts will appear first on Funimation.com, and then on Hulu a few hours later.

Attack on Titan hasn't been picked up by anyone yet.
17756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/9/13 , edited 4/9/13

TotalPotato wrote:
Attack on Titan hasn't been picked up by anyone yet.

If you read the last few pages of this thread, you'll see that there have been some 'leaks' regarding AoT, including AoT images taken from funimation.com url's. I'm considering that as good as official.
Posted 4/9/13
Too many shows and not enough time to watch them all.
17083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 727 The Zoo
Offline
Posted 4/9/13
DATE A LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK THE POLICEEEEEEEEE
The Wise Wizard
75092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/9/13
Update to initial message (Tuesday, April 9, 2013 @ 10:45 PM CDT):

Added information on announced Funimation simulcasts of Date A Live and Red Data Girl.
Added information on announced CR simulcasts of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Photo Kano.


With no announcements yet from Viz or TAN (or AoD for those in the UK), it looks like we are down to two simulcasters for this season. As we have yet to see any action from Daisuki on their site, I expect they will not be a possible simulcast contender until the summer season.
33345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

hatguy12 wrote:

3 "New Catalog Titles" [?] boxes have been added to the lineup page.


Pllllllllllllllease be Yamato.. PLEASE be Yamato
The Wise Wizard
75092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

Arsenette wrote:


hatguy12 wrote:

3 "New Catalog Titles" [?] boxes have been added to the lineup page.


Pllllllllllllllease be Yamato.. PLEASE be Yamato

Unless you are mean the old series, Yamato 2199 wouldn't be a catalog title.

33345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


hatguy12 wrote:

3 "New Catalog Titles" [?] boxes have been added to the lineup page.


Pllllllllllllllease be Yamato.. PLEASE be Yamato

Unless you are mean the old series, Yamato 2199 wouldn't be a catalog title.


True.. but I still have a false hope with that 1 unannounced last box

LOL I know it's not going to happen but I can falsely hope until that box is filled in.. right?
First  Prev  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.