First  Prev  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next  Last
Post Reply Spring 2013 Anime
od1968 
16236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
So photo kano and my teen romance was picked up by crunchyroll!? Awesome! Wonder who's getting Yuyushiki?
66382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13

od1968 wrote:

So photo kano and my teen romance was picked up by crunchyroll!? Awesome! Wonder who's getting Yuyushiki?

Hint: look at the Crunchyroll lineup, go down to the fifth rows of the new simulcasts, and look between Arata the Legend and Photo Kano.


Arsenette wrote: True.. but I still have a false hope with that 1 unannounced last box

LOL I know it's not going to happen but I can falsely hope until that box is filled in.. right?

YES! That is the joy of an unfilled box. If we wish, we can indulge in all sorts of false hopes.
od1968 
16236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

agila61 wrote:


od1968 wrote:

So photo kano and my teen romance was picked up by crunchyroll!? Awesome! Wonder who's getting Yuyushiki?

Hint: look at the Crunchyroll lineup, go down to the fifth rows of the new simulcasts, and look between Arata the Legend and Phono Kana.


THANK YOU

Seems like the only show i wanted on here that didn't make it was AOT
39345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
Now all that's left on my list is Odoriko Clinoppe, Attack on Titan, and Yamato 2199.
66382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13

kronosking wrote:

I wonder if anyone will stream that Glass Mask parody? I was kinda looking forward to that... Also on my list of shows yet to be announced for simulast:
Danchi Tomoo
Odoriko Clinoppe
Tetsujin 28 go gao
Dibetagurashi
Attack on Titan
Yamato 2199

Though I suspect that other than the last 2 the others have little chance of being picked up...

Its strongly suspected that Attack on Titan is at Funimation, since they have promotional material on their server that is not yet linked in to their main site, so either they have it, or they are punking us.

And since them punking us would involve them putting up material from the Japanese rights holders without permission ... I don't think they are punking us.

And Yamato 2199 is being released as movies, and as TV, and as BD's, so it wouldn't be surprising it its something that will be licensed overseas with a bit of a delay.

The unfilled box could be ... well, Danchi Tomoo? Odoriko Clinoppe? Testujin 28 go gao? Dibetagurashi? Sure, why not?


kronosking wrote: Now all that's left on my list is Odoriko Clinoppe, Attack on Titan, and Yamato 2199.

So you seem to be mostly hoping for Odoriko Clinoppe.

The Wise Wizard
74700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13
Although no videos are posted yet, Funimation has the page in place for Data A Live:
http://www.funimation.com/date-a-live

As expected, RDG is also available on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/red-data-girl





Arsenette wrote:
True.. but I still have a false hope with that 1 unannounced last box

LOL I know it's not going to happen but I can falsely hope until that box is filled in.. right?

I wouldn't be surprised if CR puts up yet another box when they fill that one. With CR, it isn't over until it is over, and some seasons, it isn't even over then.
16508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
Yay, someone got Red data girl! (Funi)
20711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13
I also think that Funimation is getting Attack on Titan. Right after it leaked that they may have it, all of the youtube uploads of the first episode immediately disappeared all at once, and I know Funimation is pretty big on quelling youtubers.
26008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


As expected, RDG is also available on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/red-data-girl




Sadly RDG Red Data Girl isn't available for the Roku or other media devices... Damm...

Sad when they have restrictions... I could try the Funimation app but only the first couple of episodes are available for free. I think their HD is alright but it's really slow... I don't want to pay another $8 for anime since I'm tight on money, but since they have good shows this season, I might get it. Plus I can catch up with some other shows in HD...
20711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
I bought a Roku today just so I could finally get decent use out of my Funimation subscription. The convenience factor between that and their website is like night and day so far. It annoyed me to spend so much on yet another streaming device, but I think I'll like that little thing.

I've been refusing to buy a stupid Hulu subscription for years now out of principle. 90 second or more commercial breaks for subscribers is ludicrous.
The Wise Wizard
74700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/11/13

Balzack wrote:

I bought a Roku today just so I could finally get decent use out of my Funimation subscription. The convenience factor between that and their website is like night and day so far. It annoyed me to spend so much on yet another streaming device, but I think I'll like that little thing.

I've been refusing to buy a stupid Hulu subscription for years now out of principle. 90 second or more commercial breaks for subscribers is ludicrous.

I take it that means that they finally got the problem with slow navigation on the Roku that started around the first of the year ironed out. Until that happened, my only real complaint about it was that the bit rate for their 720p video seemed to be just a bit lower than on the website.

One item regarding the queue on the Funimation Roku app. Unless they've updated it, while I don't know of a limit on how many episodes you can place in the queue, there is a limit to how many it will show, and it shows the most recent ones added.


Regarding Hulu Plus, I wasn't enamored of their Roku app during my trial last year. While it plays fine, many attempts to fast forward or rewind would be met with slow responses (sometimes very slow), and even a few cases of locking up the app and the Roku.


Out of curiosity, did you get the new Roku 3 or one of the Roku 2 models?

41600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Balzack wrote:

I bought a Roku today just so I could finally get decent use out of my Funimation subscription. The convenience factor between that and their website is like night and day so far. It annoyed me to spend so much on yet another streaming device, but I think I'll like that little thing.

I've been refusing to buy a stupid Hulu subscription for years now out of principle. 90 second or more commercial breaks for subscribers is ludicrous.

I take it that means that they finally got the problem with slow navigation on the Roku that started around the first of the year ironed out. Until that happened, my only real complaint about it was that the bit rate for their 720p video seemed to be just a bit lower than on the website.

One item regarding the queue on the Funimation Roku app. Unless they've updated it, while I don't know of a limit on how many episodes you can place in the queue, there is a limit to how many it will show, and it shows the most recent ones added.


Regarding Hulu Plus, I wasn't enamored of their Roku app during my trial last year. While it plays fine, many attempts to fast forward or rewind would be met with slow responses (sometimes very slow), and even a few cases of locking up the app and the Roku.


Out of curiosity, did you get the new Roku 3 or one of the Roku 2 models?



Personally I use my Hulu Plus subscription for The Daily Show and Viz shows on my Roku. The anime you can get access too on devices with a subscription is mostly available through other apps, with a few exceptions: Viz shows, TAN shows like Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth (available to free members on TAN, but not on Crubchyroll), and Viki shows. Viki shows and those TAN shows are available on mobile devices for free, you only gain the TV apps with Hulu Plus.

I think that RDG will probably be on the Funi Roku app soon, since Hataraku and Karneval are available under new episodes, but don't have show pages yet.
One Punch Mod
46012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Balzack wrote:

I bought a Roku today just so I could finally get decent use out of my Funimation subscription. The convenience factor between that and their website is like night and day so far. It annoyed me to spend so much on yet another streaming device, but I think I'll like that little thing.

I've been refusing to buy a stupid Hulu subscription for years now out of principle. 90 second or more commercial breaks for subscribers is ludicrous.

I take it that means that they finally got the problem with slow navigation on the Roku that started around the first of the year ironed out. Until that happened, my only real complaint about it was that the bit rate for their 720p video seemed to be just a bit lower than on the website.

One item regarding the queue on the Funimation Roku app. Unless they've updated it, while I don't know of a limit on how many episodes you can place in the queue, there is a limit to how many it will show, and it shows the most recent ones added.

Regarding Hulu Plus, I wasn't enamored of their Roku app during my trial last year. While it plays fine, many attempts to fast forward or rewind would be met with slow responses (sometimes very slow), and even a few cases of locking up the app and the Roku.

Out of curiosity, did you get the new Roku 3 or one of the Roku 2 models?


Funimation performance on Roku has improved greatly. It's still a little slow, but no where near what was happening in January. I'm finding it quite usable these days.

As far as I know the queue still holds only 30 episodes. However, in early March, when I was having another issue with my queue, Funimation's Roku support person told me that "the Roku channel’s developer will be adding an add Show to Queue feature soon." Which doesn't directly say anything about the 30 episode problem, but does suggest that other areas of how the queue works might be be under consideration and will be fixed whenever they do upgrade their Roku app. I'm really looking forward to being able to add whole shows to the queue instead of having to go through the tedium of adding individual episodes.

I just went back to give Hulu Plus a try because there were a couple of things I wanted to watch there, and thought enough time had passed that they might have redone their Roku app. It still sucks in all the same ways. Pause seems to work mostly okay (though it can be a little slow) but fast forward and rewind are unusable. They are super slow to respond and within hours of using Hulu Plus on Roku I'd managed to lock things up so that I had to unplug and replug in my Roku box.
One Punch Mod
46012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

fuzzytipsy wrote:

Personally I use my Hulu Plus subscription for The Daily Show and Viz shows on my Roku. The anime you can get access too on devices with a subscription is mostly available through other apps, with a few exceptions: Viz shows, TAN shows like Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth (available to free members on TAN, but not on Crubchyroll), and Viki shows. Viki shows and those TAN shows are available on mobile devices for free, you only gain the TV apps with Hulu Plus.

I think that RDG will probably be on the Funi Roku app soon, since Hataraku and Karneval are available under new episodes, but don't have show pages yet.


Yeah, I'm hoping for that also. I watched Karneval and Hataraku Maou-sama a few days ago on Roku, and was able to watch RDG on the Funi app for iPad last night, but it's still not showing up on Roku.


One Punch Mod
46012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

lolitsronald wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:
As expected, RDG is also available on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/red-data-girl

Sadly RDG Red Data Girl isn't available for the Roku or other media devices... Damm...

Sad when they have restrictions... I could try the Funimation app but only the first couple of episodes are available for free. I think their HD is alright but it's really slow... I don't want to pay another $8 for anime since I'm tight on money, but since they have good shows this season, I might get it. Plus I can catch up with some other shows in HD...


The first episode of RDG is available on the Funi app for iPad. I've found it worthwhile to pay the one-time $10 for the paid version of the app--it gives you most episodes of most of their shows in my experience, even if you don't have an Elite subscription.

I've only recently starting watching simulcast titles using it, so I can't swear that they'll have all episodes of all the current simulcasts available, but so far, so good.
First  Prev  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.