Remove this ad
First  Prev  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  Next  Last
Post Reply Spring 2013 Anime
32469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Online
Posted 4/12/13

hatguy12 wrote:

Poor Viz and TAN. Viz in particular I wonder if they have made a decision not to go after simulcasts in general. The TBS shows also had an unusual swing from requiring a premium access for all but the first episode (at TAN), to breaking the typical CR method to be free to view at their simulcast.


Given Arata the Legend's being limited to U.S and Canada despite being a TV Tokyo series, I would not rule out Viz licensing that and streaming it a week later than Crunchyroll. It would be strange for them to miss out on two straight seasons.

TAN still gets whatever Sentai licenses so I wouldn't feel bad for them.
38505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Unsurprising announcement is unsurprising

Not sure if I'll watch Hentai Ouji, will wait until others have seen it and will gauge reaction from there
43275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Unsurprising announcement is unsurprising

Not sure if I'll watch Hentai Ouji, will wait until others have seen it and will gauge reaction from there


I am glad to see that pickup and always, always make my own determinations. I have seen 20 first episodes this spring so far so I don't have to rely on anyone else's impressions. I suggest you also form your own opinions! Give things a watch!

Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin is the only one on my Plan to Watch list that I haven't seen yet... aside from Henneko. Of Titan I've just seen the PVs....

Edit: and now as expected we can see it on Funimation, ELITE ONLY!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-12/funimation-streams-attack-on-titan-tv-anime
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/attack-on-titan-episode-one-available-now-for-funimation-elite-video-subscribers/7611482

And now I can watch...
22830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Maybe thats why it took a whole for Attack on Titan to be released in the US. They might have it elite only for MBS to make money. Atpeast people on Huly wont be bragging about how hulu has better anime than cr... i see comments on hulu that are idiotic (well to me atleast and especially about dubs). I may just get a funimation account just for this.

If i do have a funi account with elite, as anyone tried it with the roku. If you use the hd opption, is it faster to load than a free account. Because the hd is laggy for me and it takes 5 minutez to load and it stops to buffer frequently...
38505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

hpulley wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Unsurprising announcement is unsurprising

Not sure if I'll watch Hentai Ouji, will wait until others have seen it and will gauge reaction from there


I am glad to see that pickup and always, always make my own determinations. I have seen 20 first episodes this spring so far so I don't have to rely on anyone else's impressions. I suggest you also form your own opinions! Give things a watch!

Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin is the only one on my Plan to Watch list that I haven't seen yet... aside from Henneko. Of Titan I've just seen the PVs....

Edit: and now as expected we can see it on Funimation, ELITE ONLY!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-12/funimation-streams-attack-on-titan-tv-anime
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/attack-on-titan-episode-one-available-now-for-funimation-elite-video-subscribers/7611482

And now I can watch...


I gave almost every show this season a chance already lol
And I want to give this a chance too but that manga adaptation...yeesh
I'd rather hear what others have to say first before I give it my 23 minutes
The Wise Wizard
67659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/12/13
Update to initial message (Friday, April 12, 2013 @ 11:50 PM CDT):

Added information on announced Crunchyroll simulcast of Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat - .
Added information on announced Funimation simulcast of Attack on Titan.
23733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Glad to see Funi got Attack on Titan! But I was wondering, does Funi have something like a 1 week wait for non-elite members before they can watch a simulcast? Kinda like how CR does it here?
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
OMFG CR got Attack on Titan

CR you officially win at life.




TheAncientOne wrote:

Update to initial message (Friday, April 12, 2013 @ 11:50 PM CDT):

Added information on announced Crunchyroll simulcast of Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat - .
Added information on announced Funimation simulcast of Attack on Titan.


122058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 4/12/13
22830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Cr got freaking Attack on Titan from Kodansha Ltd. Ahhh! My prediction was right. I never believed this... i thought it was prank
jree78 
54364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/12/13


Okay if this is a sublicense from Funimation I will no longer say bad things about them ever. Somebody finally figured out there is more than one way to make money. Still bought the Funimation subscription so I could watch on Roku since people have been saying it has improved. There website is still super slow though.
22830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

jree78 wrote:



Okay if this is a sublicense from Funimation I will no longer say bad things about them ever. Somebody finally figured out there is more than one way to make money. Still bought the Funimation subscription so I could watch on Roku since people have been saying it has improved. There website is still super slow though.



I think it was from directly from Japan. It took a while to get the show simulcasted right? Funimation may have wanted it to be a Funi exclusive but Kodansha Ltd. wanted to give it to CR too since they got Muromi-san which is also a Kondansha title... But who knows? Right? I bet it's like another Level E (the way it's being distributed... A CR streaming and a Funimation home release...)


I guess japan wants to make this show a big hit if they let both Crunchyroll and Funimation have... I hope they won't let Hulu stream the show, this show is too awesome for them... But sadly they got RDG
jree78 
54364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

lolitsronald wrote:


jree78 wrote:



Okay if this is a sublicense from Funimation I will no longer say bad things about them ever. Somebody finally figured out there is more than one way to make money. Still bought the Funimation subscription so I could watch on Roku since people have been saying it has improved. There website is still super slow though.



I think it was from directly from Japan. It took a while to get the show simulcasted right? Funimation may have wanted it to be a Funi exclusive but Kodansha Ltd. wanted to give it to CR too since they got Muromi-san which is also a Kondansha title... But who knows? Right? I bet it's like another Level E (the way it's being distributed... A CR streaming and a Funimation home release...)


Yes but a lot of Sentai sublicenses don't have Sentai as the publisher. Since Crunchyroll has had Muromi-san for awhile now, it has probably taken awhile for this deal to get done. It could have been a totally separate contract and Crunchyroll might have paid a massive amount of cash to get it since it would cost a lot of money for the licensing contracts and such.
31360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Given that they made the announcement in the middle of night on a weekend, and they never put up an empty box on the lineup page, I'm betting this was a literal last-minute deal. The only other reason I can see for them doing it this way is if the contract required CR to wait until Saturday to make the announcement.

And according to the story, looks like we're going to get episode 2 on Sunday, so almost a true simulcast. It'll be interesting to see whether Funi has the same delay.
Brand Manager
580380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

seanohara wrote:

Given that they made the announcement in the middle of night on a weekend, and they never put up an empty box on the lineup page, I'm betting this was a literal last-minute deal. The only other reason I can see for them doing it this way is if the contract required CR to wait until Saturday to make the announcement.



Believe me when I say we were just as excited as you guys when we found out.
First  Prev  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.