Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Why do people engage in self-destructive behavior?
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13 , edited 1/5/13

longfenglim wrote:


And casual sex is not rape in that one does not involve consent while the other does. No one is disagreeing with you that rape is bad- rape is horrible- casual sex, however, is not rape.

Let's mark it in red:

Casual Sex is not Rape


Thus, if we lived in a culture that says 'rape is alright', then you may have something, but no one is saying rape is alright. In fact, not only is no one saying rape is not alright, people are actually saying that it is wrong.

Casual Sex is not rape, it is alright because it is consensual- you know, the thing that rape isn't.


But you know, your problem is that you need a few pints of beer, a little bit of Marijuana, and a night of hot, consensual Casual Sex.


It may not be rape, but it lays the groundwork for sexual harassment and rape. By promoting sex in a variety of ways, men become sexual predators because they are conditioned to believe in coitus as a way of life, that they should obtain it without regard for any other person. Supporting this sex-driven culture is no different than supporting rape and the objectifying of women because there is no question that these are the direct results of it. If you truly believed that rape is horrible, then you would not allow an environment where it is allowed to flourish.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


And casual sex is not rape in that one does not involve consent while the other does. No one is disagreeing with you that rape is bad- rape is horrible- casual sex, however, is not rape.

Let's mark it in red:

Casual Sex is not Rape


Thus, if we lived in a culture that says 'rape is alright', then you may have something, but no one is saying rape is alright. In fact, not only is no one saying rape is not alright, people are actually saying that it is wrong.

Casual Sex is not rape, it is alright because it is consensual- you know, the thing that rape isn't.


But you know, your problem is that you need a few pints of beer, a little bit of Marijuana, and a night of hot, consensual Casual Sex.


It may not be rape, but it lays the groundwork for sexual harassment and rape. By promoting sex in a variety of ways, men become sexual predators because they are conditioned to believe in coitus as a way of life, that they should obtain it without regard for any other person.


There is so much bullshit here, I really don't know where to start. Casual Sex does not lead to fucking rape- it does not even lay the ground work for rape- it is like saying that voting Democrat opens the way for Soviet Style Communism, and voting Republican to the Nazi Germany redux. Casual Sex is an sexual encounter between two consenting people, this does not lead to a bunch of horny men running around wanting to rape everyone, just as voting Democrat does not lead to everyone speaking murdering Rich folks, and voting Republican lead to people marching in goosesteps.



Supporting this sex-driven culture is no different than supporting rape and the objectifying of women because there is no question that these are the direct results of it.


Bullshit, bullshit, and more bullshit. Supporting a open society of people acting based on common consent is not 'objectifying women', 'supporting rape', and, not only that, there is no proof that casual sex, or even Pornography leads to a culture promoting rape. Not only that, you claim that there is no question that these are the direct result of having an open society- a fact that is not only unsupported by any data, but one you just made up.


If you truly believed that rape is horrible, then you would not allow an environment where it is allowed to flourish.


Rape is horrible, it involves a non-consenting partner- Casual sex usually involve two consenting partners. They are not equivilent, and don't even say that they are even close to being equivilent. People who have actually been around rape victims knows never to mistake the two, because doing so would be grossly offensive to people who have actually been hurt by rape.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

It may not be rape, but it lays the groundwork for sexual harassment and rape. By promoting sex in a variety of ways, men become sexual predators because they are conditioned to believe in coitus as a way of life, that they should obtain it without regard for any other person.


There is so much bullshit here, I really don't know where to start. Casual Sex does not lead to fucking rape- it does not even lay the ground work for rape- it is like saying that voting Democrat opens the way for Soviet Style Communism, and voting Republican to the Nazi Germany redux. Casual Sex is an sexual encounter between two consenting people, this does not lead to a bunch of horny men running around wanting to rape everyone, just as voting Democrat does not lead to everyone speaking murdering Rich folks, and voting Republican lead to people marching in goosesteps.


I don't think you realize the magnitude of this epidemic. What causes a man to consider raping a women, if it has nothing to do with the sex-driven culture that we live in?



If you truly believed that rape is horrible, then you would not allow an environment where it is allowed to flourish.


Rape is horrible, it involves a non-consenting partner- Casual sex usually involve two consenting partners. They are not equivilent, and don't even say that they are even close to being equivilent. People who have actually been around rape victims knows never to mistake the two, because doing so would be grossly offensive to people who have actually been hurt by rape.


I never said they were the same, I just stated that the environment promoting casual sex is one in which rape occurs. Do you want to live in this environment, knowing that rape can easily occur, or would you be willing to change it and dramatically reduce the number of sexual assaults?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

lordseth23 wrote:

I don't think you realize the magnitude of this epidemic. What causes a man to consider raping a women, if it has nothing to do with the sex-driven culture that we live in?



I don't know, maybe because Rape is not an act usually of sexual gratification, but the expression of power, or anger, or punishment, or other psychological, non-sexual needs (Men Who Rape, N. Groth 1977). Have it ever occured to you that, no, Rape is not because of our sexually liberal culture- Rape has always existed, even within cultures that are not as sexually liberal as ours, and is even worse back then. To join the two together, casual sex between consenting partners, and non-consensual sex, is rather insulting to all rape victims- rapists are not simply libidinal men who seek sexual gratification where they can (if they wanted that, they could just mastrubate). Here's what Yale University has to say about it:


One commonly believed myth is that rape is primarily a sexual act. Persons with this belief often unintentionally place the victim on trial. Her motives, her dress and her actions become suspect not only to law enforcement officials but also to her family and friends. The woman's credibility may be questioned and her sexual activity and private life may be made public. Perhaps because of the guilt, embarrassment and humiliation, rape has been a highly underreported crime. However, throughout the past 20 years a variety of psychologists and sociologists have begun to study the psychology of rape and rapists. Their findings have shown that rape is a crime of violence, often regarded by the woman as a life-threatening act in which fear and humiliation are her dominant emotions. Sexual desire is less a motivation for the man than violent aggression.
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1981/3/81.03.06.x.html#c







I never said they were the same, I just stated that the environment promoting casual sex is one in which rape occurs. Do you want to live in this environment, knowing that rape can easily occur, or would you be willing to change it and dramatically reduce the number of sexual assaults?


No, you are wrong on that account, and you are basically saying one leads to the other, which is also wrong, and linking those two together, as you are doing, is insulting to rape victims everywhere.

Do I want to live in this enviorment, knowing that rape can easily occur? Well, yes, because where ever I live, so long as I live with more than one people, there is bound to be a crime of sexual violence, no matter how open the society is or how much sex is in our media- the need to control, to punish, to release anger upon a victim, will always exist. And, since it occurs in private, the police are never able to ever catch them all. But I am glad I live in a society open enough not to blame the victim for being 'provokative', for being sexually open enough that we are able to talk about it, for women who have been raped to be able to go to the police, to tell them, to tell who victimised them, to punish them. That is the benefit of living in a society open to sex- it is more willing to speak of such matters. Consensual Casual sex does not lead to rape, it does not create an enviorment for rape- rape is not about sexual gratification, casual sex is. Casual Sex is sex between two people who want it, who equally consent to having sex with each other, this does not lead to rape.
13039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Lake Elsinore, CA
Offline
Posted 1/6/13
Drugs aren't destructive, people abuse them and that makes them so...

Too much of anything can become like a drug.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/6/13

longfenglim wrote:


I don't know, maybe because Rape is not an act usually of sexual gratification, but the expression of power, or anger, or punishment, or other psychological, non-sexual needs (Men Who Rape, N. Groth 1977). Have it ever occured to you that, no, Rape is not because of our sexually liberal culture- Rape has always existed, even within cultures that are not as sexually liberal as ours, and is even worse back then. To join the two together, casual sex between consenting partners, and non-consensual sex, is rather insulting to all rape victims- rapists are not simply libidinal men who seek sexual gratification where they can (if they wanted that, they could just mastrubate). Here's what Yale University has to say about it:


One commonly believed myth is that rape is primarily a sexual act. Persons with this belief often unintentionally place the victim on trial. Her motives, her dress and her actions become suspect not only to law enforcement officials but also to her family and friends. The woman's credibility may be questioned and her sexual activity and private life may be made public. Perhaps because of the guilt, embarrassment and humiliation, rape has been a highly underreported crime. However, throughout the past 20 years a variety of psychologists and sociologists have begun to study the psychology of rape and rapists. Their findings have shown that rape is a crime of violence, often regarded by the woman as a life-threatening act in which fear and humiliation are her dominant emotions. Sexual desire is less a motivation for the man than violent aggression.
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1981/3/81.03.06.x.html#c


I agree, but the line between consensual and non-consensual becomes far too blurry in party-like atmospheres when people are under the influence of harmful substances. I would much rather have that difference be concrete in the minds of everybody, and the only way I see that happening is if we stop promoting the abuse of alcohol and drugs in our society.







I never said they were the same, I just stated that the environment promoting casual sex is one in which rape occurs. Do you want to live in this environment, knowing that rape can easily occur, or would you be willing to change it and dramatically reduce the number of sexual assaults?


No, you are wrong on that account, and you are basically saying one leads to the other, which is also wrong, and linking those two together, as you are doing, is insulting to rape victims everywhere.

Do I want to live in this enviorment, knowing that rape can easily occur? Well, yes, because where ever I live, so long as I live with more than one people, there is bound to be a crime of sexual violence, no matter how open the society is or how much sex is in our media- the need to control, to punish, to release anger upon a victim, will always exist. And, since it occurs in private, the police are never able to ever catch them all. But I am glad I live in a society open enough not to blame the victim for being 'provokative', for being sexually open enough that we are able to talk about it, for women who have been raped to be able to go to the police, to tell them, to tell who victimised them, to punish them. That is the benefit of living in a society open to sex- it is more willing to speak of such matters. Consensual Casual sex does not lead to rape, it does not create an enviorment for rape- rape is not about sexual gratification, casual sex is. Casual Sex is sex between two people who want it, who equally consent to having sex with each other, this does not lead to rape.


Just to be clear, when I refer to casual sex, I am only talking about sex between people not in an intimate relationship. I am not talking about people who are making an honest effort to know each other and start a permanent relationship. I only speak of the men who try to "get laid" and the women who willingly give up their bodies to strangers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that these mindsets are the focal point of much of the entertainment in our society and that they lead to sexual assaults.
1402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
Alcohol has never been a drink I've enjoyed. I like my drinks to be refreshing and have a lovely taste, where most alcohol is very bitter to me.
I've never understood the need to drink to forget. Simply because you do forget for a short time, but when you do remember it's always far worse then when you tried to forget before. On top of that, the thinks you do when you're drunk come back to haunt you.

Drugs are also beyond my understanding. They probably do make you forget about the evils of this world, and all your problems but I don't think it's worth reducing your body to a shell that becomes so damaged, that drugs are the only things keeping you breathing and that alone. Also, like alcohol, it warps your perception and gives you hallucinations. I personally deal with enough realistic nightmares without drugs or alcohol to increase them tenfold. I can't begin to imagine why anyone would put themselves through that kind of hellish punishment or even become dependent on it in order to live.

Casual sex implies you care nothing for the other's feelings. It reduces the importance of trusting the one they love as well as showing they have no intentions of making relationships but just to brag either whom they slept with/the number of people they slept with/the fact they have no intention of seeing them again.

Simply put, some people do this because they want the experience, some feel they have to because they already have done it yet can't give it up. Then there's some who just want to harm others while they are having their fun.
Personally, I do not wish it because it is utter madness to me to want to purposely harm yourself. Yet ultimately, it is down to the individual to choose whether they harm themselves or not.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/7/13 , edited 1/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:



I agree, but the line between consensual and non-consensual becomes far too blurry in party-like atmospheres when people are under the influence of harmful substances.


No, it is not 'far too blurry' in a party like atmosphere when people are under the influence- rape usually occurs when people are not drunk or high off their mind.


I would much rather have that difference be concrete in the minds of everybody, and the only way I see that happening is if we stop promoting the abuse of alcohol and drugs in our society.


Alcohol and Drugs does not lead to rape- it can be used for rape, but it does not lead to rape.




Just to be clear, when I refer to casual sex, I am only talking about sex between people not in an intimate relationship. I am not talking about people who are making an honest effort to know each other and start a permanent relationship. I only speak of the men who try to "get laid" and the women who willingly give up their bodies to strangers.


Does not matter- consensual casual sex is consensual casual sex, regardless of how casual it is. You are wrong about men who try to 'get laid' and women who also want to get laid.



Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that these mindsets are the focal point of much of the entertainment in our society and that they lead to sexual assaults.


You are wrong, because this mindset does not lead to rape and sexual assault as Rape and Sexual Assault is usually due to something other than lust- a man who gets laid gets laid to satisfy his lust, just as a women, Rape and Sexual Assault is more psychological- when someone rapes, it is release anger, fustration, or enjoy the dominance and power over another.
11995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 1/7/13 , edited 1/7/13
As long as there is sadness, anger, or apathy in the world

lordseth23 wrote:

Just because you are hard-wired to have sex doesn't mean you should devote your time to pursuing opportunities with random people or view pornographic content. There is no need for this destructive behavior that leads to rape and unwanted pregnancies. If we as a society care at all for women, then we need to discourage this crude behavior and emphasize that sex is not a right, but a privilege.
Err, wrong. Sex is a right, not a privilege....and watching porn in not self destructive behavior either. Women are not the only people being sexualized, if you really care about women then how about educating people about safe sex? which is not a crude behavior. Honestly, if you don't know the rape is wrong and illegal, don't blame it on society.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

As long as there is sadness, anger, or apathy in the world

lordseth23 wrote:

Just because you are hard-wired to have sex doesn't mean you should devote your time to pursuing opportunities with random people or view pornographic content. There is no need for this destructive behavior that leads to rape and unwanted pregnancies. If we as a society care at all for women, then we need to discourage this crude behavior and emphasize that sex is not a right, but a privilege.
Err, wrong. Sex is a right, not a privilege....and watching porn in not self destructive behavior either. Women are not the only people being sexualized, if you really care about women then how about educating people about safe sex? which is not a crude behavior. Honestly, if you don't know the rape is wrong and illegal, don't blame it on society.


I have to disagree with you there, if sex was a right then the concept of rape would not exist. It is a general consensus among the academic community that watching too much porn leads to psychological damage. I am all for educating people about safe sex, but they should also be educated on the consequences of making hasty decisions in a social context.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13 , edited 1/8/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that these mindsets are the focal point of much of the entertainment in our society and that they lead to sexual assaults.


You are wrong, because this mindset does not lead to rape and sexual assault as Rape and Sexual Assault is usually due to something other than lust- a man who gets laid gets laid to satisfy his lust, just as a women, Rape and Sexual Assault is more psychological- when someone rapes, it is release anger, fustration, or enjoy the dominance and power over another.


Your theory does not account for the data on college campus rape. Most college students who are sexually assaulted personally know their attacker, as it is usually a friend or boyfriend. Is it safe to assume that all of these men are psychopaths who only enter into relationships with women in order to release anger and frustration through sexual assault? No, because 40% of attempted rape incidents were stopped when the woman simply told the person to stop. If these men just wanted to dominate women through sexual intercourse, they would never listen to their pleas and would continue on with their selfish motives. These psychological issues may be the cause for most sexual assaults, but they do not account for all incidents.

Two of the main factors that account for women being more likely to experience sexual assault are excessive drinking and having already been a victim of sexual assault, indicating that there is indeed a lifestyle that leads to rape. Both men and women need to be more educated on the consequences of living in a manner that may lead to them being in a position to rape or be a victim. If indeed the only reason for men and women to get laid is to satisfy their lust, then there is no doubt that most men would seize the opportunity to have sex at the expense of a woman, because there is no empathic concern in satisfying a physical need. This type of mindset is detrimental to the safety of women and, if eliminated, would most definitely decrease the number of sexual assaults.

http://www.campusrape.org/?cat=13
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/8/13 , edited 1/8/13

lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that these mindsets are the focal point of much of the entertainment in our society and that they lead to sexual assaults.


You are wrong, because this mindset does not lead to rape and sexual assault as Rape and Sexual Assault is usually due to something other than lust- a man who gets laid gets laid to satisfy his lust, just as a women, Rape and Sexual Assault is more psychological- when someone rapes, it is release anger, fustration, or enjoy the dominance and power over another.


Your theory does not account for the data on college campus rape. Most college students who are sexually assaulted personally know their attacker, as it is usually a friend or boyfriend.


Which is where you are wrong- because they can be accounted for via the psychology of the rapist. Most rapists know their victim, regardless of location, many rapists even goes as far as to plan the rape- rape is not about sex, you git, it is about power, about dominance, about releasing anger and fustration.



Is it safe to assume that all of these men are psychopaths who only enter into relationships with women in order to release anger and frustration through sexual assault?


Psychological problems =/= Psychopaths


No, because 40% of attempted rape incidents were stopped when the woman simply told the person to stop.


And this is bullshit because...


If these men just wanted to dominate women through sexual intercourse, they would never listen to their pleas and would continue on with their selfish motives. These psychological issues may be the cause for most sexual assaults, but they do not account for all incidents.


A rapist or attempted rapist is not goint to stop at a simple 'no', because you know why- a Rape is one the does not involve the consent of the other partner- an attempt to rape is an assualt with the intention of raping. If he stopt at the lady's order, guess what, it was not an attempted rape because he believed that she was consenting to it, it is still an assault, and an sexual assault, but it is not an attempted rape.



Two of the main factors that account for women being more likely to experience sexual assault are excessive drinking and having already been a victim of sexual assault, indicating that there is indeed a lifestyle that leads to rape.


Fallacy: Corrolation does not equal causation.

Drinking does not cause one to be raped, and 'having already been a victim of sexual assault' is not having a sexually liberal lifestyle, and, just because those two happen to corrolate in a minor way on a graph, it does not mean one cause the other. So, no, all of that is bullshit.


Both men and women need to be more educated on the consequences of living in a manner that may lead to them being in a position to rape or be a victim.


No, there is no need to be educated about a phathom you created, causation is not proved to exist between a hedonistic lifestyle and rape, and not only that, but you are also blaming the victim for being raped by claiming that she was living a lifestyle that caused her to be raped. I use her because the overwhelming number of rape victims have been female, but it applies equally to male- it is equivilent of saying 'she's a whore, she deserved being raped'. What you need is to be more educated about your bullshit.


If indeed the only reason for men and women to get laid is to satisfy their lust, then there is no doubt that most men would seize the opportunity to have sex at the expense of a woman, because there is no empathic concern in satisfying a physical need.


More and more bullshit, you are wading deep in it, you know, because if men and women casually engage in consensual sex, it does not mean that they will sieze the oppertunity to start raping. Having sex is empathetic, it is between two people who empathise with each other's need for sexual gratification, and having consensual casual sex is not a gateway drug to rape- nor is it not doubtful that most men would seize the oppertunity to rape every time they want sex if they live a libertine lifestyle. You know why? Maybe because the act of rape is not about lust and sexual gratification.



This type of mindset is detrimental to the safety of women and, if eliminated, would most definitely decrease the number of sexual assaults.

http://www.campusrape.org/?cat=13



No, because this type of mindset is not detrimental to the safety of women and, if eliminated, would only decrease the number of people reporting sexaul assault. If we create a puritannical atmosphere based upon your pet theory, be less open with sex, blame the victim for their lifestyle, etc., we are not only avoiding the root causes of rape and sexual assaults, we are also creating an enviorment where it can more easily flourish, we will teach people to blame themselves for being raped, for 'provoking it' by their dress or lifestyle. You know, like back in the days before the women and sexual liberation movement.

Maybe you should think things through before you speak, you may avoid looking like a fool that way.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13 , edited 1/8/13

longfenglim wrote:



Is it safe to assume that all of these men are psychopaths who only enter into relationships with women in order to release anger and frustration through sexual assault?


Psychological problems =/= Psychopaths


A further explanation of this is needed, because a rapist exhibiting these psychological problems is by no means mentally stable and should not be outside of a mental hospital in their condition.



If these men just wanted to dominate women through sexual intercourse, they would never listen to their pleas and would continue on with their selfish motives. These psychological issues may be the cause for most sexual assaults, but they do not account for all incidents.


A rapist or attempted rapist is not goint to stop at a simple 'no', because you know why- a Rape is one the does not involve the consent of the other partner- an attempt to rape is an assualt with the intention of raping. If he stopt at the lady's order, guess what, it was not an attempted rape because he believed that she was consenting to it, it is still an assault, and an sexual assault, but it is not an attempted rape.


What is the point of this? All you did was explain the difference between sexual assault and rape, and are dismissing the idea of a sexual assault as being a problem. Disgusting.




Two of the main factors that account for women being more likely to experience sexual assault are excessive drinking and having already been a victim of sexual assault, indicating that there is indeed a lifestyle that leads to rape.


Fallacy: Corrolation does not equal causation.

Drinking does not cause one to be raped, and 'having already been a victim of sexual assault' is not having a sexually liberal lifestyle, and, just because those two happen to corrolate in a minor way on a graph, it does not mean one cause the other. So, no, all of that is bullshit.


Either do your own research of the topic and have it endorsed by an academic or accept the facts that I give you. Or just continue to be ignorant, but please refrain from being a "cretin" and calling valid research bullshit.




If indeed the only reason for men and women to get laid is to satisfy their lust, then there is no doubt that most men would seize the opportunity to have sex at the expense of a woman, because there is no empathic concern in satisfying a physical need.


More and more bullshit, you are wading deep in it, you know, because if men and women casually engage in consensual sex, it does not mean that they will sieze the oppertunity to start raping. Having sex is empathetic, it is between two people who empathise with each other's need for sexual gratification, and having consensual casual sex is not a gateway drug to rape- nor is it not doubtful that most men would seize the oppertunity to rape every time they want sex if they live a libertine lifestyle. You know why? Maybe because the act of rape is not about lust and sexual gratification.


It is a gateway drug to rape if the male had the psychological problems that you mention and was "setting up" the female by having her put trust in him before he scars her for life.




This type of mindset is detrimental to the safety of women and, if eliminated, would most definitely decrease the number of sexual assaults.

http://www.campusrape.org/?cat=13



No, because this type of mindset is not detrimental to the safety of women and, if eliminated, would only decrease the number of people reporting sexaul assault. If we create a puritannical atmosphere based upon your pet theory, be less open with sex, blame the victim for their lifestyle, etc., we are not only avoiding the root causes of rape and sexual assaults, we are also creating an enviorment where it can more easily flourish, we will teach people to blame themselves for being raped, for 'provoking it' by their dress or lifestyle. You know, like back in the days before the women and sexual liberation movement.


I clearly stated that education is needed on this topic, which does not mean being less open about sex or blaming victims.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/8/13 , edited 1/8/13

lordseth23 wrote:


A further explanation of this is needed, because a rapist exhibiting these psychological problems is by no means mentally stable and should not be outside of a mental hospital in their condition.


What is the point of this? All you did was explain the difference between sexual assault and rape, and are dismissing the idea of a sexual assault as being a problem. Disgusting.

Either do your own research of the topic and have it endorsed by an academic or accept the facts that I give you. Or just continue to be ignorant, but please refrain from being a "cretin" and calling valid research bullshit.


It is a gateway drug to rape if the male had the psychological problems that you mention and was "setting up" the female by having her put trust in him before he scars her for life.




I clearly stated that education is needed on this topic, which does not mean being less open about sex or blaming victims.




There is so much ignorance here, that I have considered not responding at all (it would require at least fifty pages to refute satisfactorily so much bullshit). You first claim that psychological problems must be dealt with by sending them to the hospital- clearly, you have no idea what psychological disorders are, or how much difference there is between the mind of a rapist and a regular non-rapist- not all that much. There is not a single object in a person that can immediately be traced to 'rapist', rather than the psychological problems that many people face every day, for example, inadequecy, anger, need for dominance, etc. You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.

Secondly, you also do not understand what attempted rape mean- if a man stops when the woman ask him to, it is not an attempted rape, because the intention was not rape- he was, for whatever reason, deluded into thinking that the lady was consenting until she told him to stop, at which point he understood that she was not consenting. Notice how rape- a crime which actually seek to violate the consent of the victim- is not the intention here, that is why it is not an attempted rape, it is simply a sexual assault.

Furthermore, you want to tell me that your 'valid research' says that drinking and being a victim of rape will increase the chances of you being raped, which is where you are wrong, your data says nothing of the sort, it only says that there is a correlation between getting drunk and being a prior rape victim, and being raped, and, as any good scientist will tell you, correlation does not equal causation. For example, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on July 4, 1826, meaning they not only died on the same day, but on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the declaration of independence. Does that mean that it being the 50th anniversary cause the death of two of America's founding fathers? Obviously not. Just so with your data, because it points to correlation between being inebriate and being a prior rape victim, does not mean that it causes it.

Then you spout some incoherent babble about a man who plans to rape a lady by beguiling her of her trust. This is irrelevent and does not actually have anything to do with your initial assertion that casual sex makes for rapists.

And finally, you speak about education on the topic of Rape, but your education is merely the propoundment of your ignorance, seeing as you try to link, extremely unsuccessfully I may add, drugs, casual sex, and alcohol to rape, and you want people to fear this trinity of evil. However, you have only shown your own want of learning in Psychology, in Rape, in almost every human study and every human endeavour, and your system unconsciously blame the victim for his lifestyle, saying that because he does drugs, or drinks, or is a bit loose, he cause his own rape- that is not true, and it does more harm than it does good. You should do your own learning before you speak about a topic you clearly know little about.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/9/13 , edited 1/9/13

longfenglim wrote:

You first claim that psychological problems must be dealt with by sending them to the hospital- clearly, you have no idea what psychological disorders are, or how much difference there is between the mind of a rapist and a regular non-rapist- not all that much.


Are you actually saying that there is not much of a difference between a rapist and non-rapist? That is despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting that every man (and to a lesser extent woman) has the psychological make-up to commit the worst of crimes. I can assure you that there are people out there who would NEVER resort to sexual assault in dealing with their problems because they have enough empathic knowledge to recognize the evilness of such a crime. And yes, a rapist may not be considered "mentally-ill", but clearly they do not exhibit enough empathy in order to be allowed in society.



There is not a single object in a person that can immediately be traced to 'rapist', rather than the psychological problems that many people face every day, for example, inadequecy, anger, need for dominance, etc. You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.


http://www.mincava.umn.edu/documents/usvpros/pbinder/tab09/offendersslides/img8.html


Secondly, you also do not understand what attempted rape mean- if a man stops when the woman ask him to, it is not an attempted rape, because the intention was not rape- he was, for whatever reason, deluded into thinking that the lady was consenting until she told him to stop, at which point he understood that she was not consenting. Notice how rape- a crime which actually seek to violate the consent of the victim- is not the intention here, that is why it is not an attempted rape, it is simply a sexual assault.


Why do you condone sexual assault?



And finally, you speak about education on the topic of Rape, but your education is merely the propoundment of your ignorance, seeing as you try to link, extremely unsuccessfully I may add, drugs, casual sex, and alcohol to rape, and you want people to fear this trinity of evil. However, you have only shown your own want of learning in Psychology, in Rape, in almost every human study and every human endeavour, and your system unconsciously blame the victim for his lifestyle, saying that because he does drugs, or drinks, or is a bit loose, he cause his own rape- that is not true, and it does more harm than it does good. You should do your own learning before you speak about a topic you clearly know little about.


No, it does not "unconsciously blame the victim", that is just your personal excuse for wanting to maintain status quo and advocate rape/sexual assault.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.