First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Why do people engage in self-destructive behavior?
13017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/13 , edited 1/23/13
No, it is none of my business to drag the weak out of their pathetic hole.

Teen pregnancies and abortions are caused by the exact opposite of an educated, healthy physical relationship and big coincidence is that these things are more likely in schools and regions with no realistic sexual education. Abstinence only sex Ed is caused by self righteous pricks such as yourself who feel that the way they live their life should be forced upon the world.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/23/13 , edited 1/23/13

lordseth23 wrote:

Never said this.


Dishonest.


No, not everyone has the potential to be a rapist, as my credible source clearly states in defining the characteristics of a rapist. Only people who are not raised in a proper empathic manner as children have the potential to be rapists (I am beginning to think that you belong in this category, so please read up on the empathic research that has been done in order to understand where your cruel behavior comes from). These people do not have the capacity to love someone, so it is better that they be removed from their friends/girlfriends/wives until they alleviate their destructive tendencies through learning empathy.







If you can't say why this is not so, then you can't argue against it. Either prove that it is incorrect or accept it as fact.


You just repeated the same thing, despite the fact that I have already shown that your position is unargued, unfounded, and therefore there is absolutely no reason to believe it to be true.



See, what happens if you bothered to read, you would find your question thoroughly answered- not once, but three times.




No, you just said that it is wrong, without saying why it is wrong.



No, if you have bothered to read, you would see that I gave a rather lenghty exposition on why it is wrong.








I have read through everything, but you still refuse to explain your opinions.



You need to better explain your beliefs.


Which is bullshit because I have demonstrated that I did, in fact, explain my position, reasoned it out, and reasoned it so thoroughly that had you read, you would admit you are wrong on all counts. As such, you accuse me of substituting my personal and unreasoned belief in favour of any actual substance of argument, this is demonstrated false, as I have already shown, but is more akin to your usual mode of discourse.








Why did you only prove that one was incorrect? Why can't you prove that both of these assumptions are incorrect?


I did show both as incorrect. And have shown it so thoroughly that any other, reasonable creature must accept that these two propositions are wrong, but you insist on reducing yourself to the level of mindless slime, rather than bear the burden of being man.





You don't provide any reasoning behind your statements. You just say they are right, without any proof that they are right.


Three examples already of why you are wrong to say that, which is fitting since the most of this thread have been to show that you are wrong in general.





Then why can't you explain the reasoning behind them?


False.





You have not expained yourself thoroughly enough.


Also False





Where are these explanations that you provide?


I don't know, maybe every single post that I have posted?


Having shown myself completely right on this point, I think there is no further point in arguing, in that:

1. Your initial claims are false, and all your other arguments are false.

2. They are unargued, and you try to accuse me of having unreasoned argument, which has been shown, beyond a doubt, false, false, and thoroughly false.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

LampRevolt wrote:

No, it is none of my business to drag the weak out of their pathetic hole.

Teen pregnancies and abortions are caused by the exact opposite of an educated, healthy physical relationship and big coincidence is that these things are more likely in schools and regions with no realistic sexual education. Abstinence only sex Ed is caused by self righteous pricks such as yourself who feel that the way they live their life should be forced upon the world.


Why do you make such assumptions about me? When did I ever promote abstinence?
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/23/13 , edited 1/23/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

Never said this.


Dishonest.


No, not everyone has the potential to be a rapist, as my credible source clearly states in defining the characteristics of a rapist. Only people who are not raised in a proper empathic manner as children have the potential to be rapists (I am beginning to think that you belong in this category, so please read up on the empathic research that has been done in order to understand where your cruel behavior comes from). These people do not have the capacity to love someone, so it is better that they be removed from their friends/girlfriends/wives until they alleviate their destructive tendencies through learning empathy.


How is this anything like what you just said?







If you can't say why this is not so, then you can't argue against it. Either prove that it is incorrect or accept it as fact.


You just repeated the same thing, despite the fact that I have already shown that your position is unargued, unfounded, and therefore there is absolutely no reason to believe it to be true.



See, what happens if you bothered to read, you would find your question thoroughly answered- not once, but three times.


Sorry, but you didn't say why I am wrong. Try again.







No, you just said that it is wrong, without saying why it is wrong.



No, if you have bothered to read, you would see that I gave a rather lenghty exposition on why it is wrong.




Sorry, you didn't explain why it is wrong. Try again.






I have read through everything, but you still refuse to explain your opinions.



You need to better explain your beliefs.


Which is bullshit because I have demonstrated that I did, in fact, explain my position, reasoned it out, and reasoned it so thoroughly that had you read, you would admit you are wrong on all counts. As such, you accuse me of substituting my personal and unreasoned belief in favour of any actual substance of argument, this is demonstrated false, as I have already shown, but is more akin to your usual mode of discourse.


Then why can't you provide any evidence in support of your opinions?








Why did you only prove that one was incorrect? Why can't you prove that both of these assumptions are incorrect?


I did show both as incorrect. And have shown it so thoroughly that any other, reasonable creature must accept that these two propositions are wrong, but you insist on reducing yourself to the level of mindless slime, rather than bear the burden of being man.


You never said why it is wrong, just that it is wrong.






You don't provide any reasoning behind your statements. You just say they are right, without any proof that they are right.


Three examples already of why you are wrong to say that, which is fitting since the most of this thread have been to show that you are wrong in general.


How am I wrong?







Where are these explanations that you provide?


I don't know, maybe every single post that I have posted?


No, you have yet to provide any sort of explanation as to why I am wrong.





Having shown myself completely right on this point, I think there is no further point in arguing, in that:

1. Your initial claims are false, and all your other arguments are false.


How are they false?





2. They are unargued, and you try to accuse me of having unreasoned argument, which has been shown, beyond a doubt, false, false, and thoroughly false.


Then why do you insist on having an unfounded argument?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/23/13 , edited 1/23/13

lordseth23 wrote:



Perfect example of Lordseth23's usual mode of discourse- ignoring the substance of the post in favour of repeating either irrelevent or already answered question, only with dishonesty now thrown in the mix. If you don't want to argue, simply say so, because I have already demonstrated you are wrong, and have exhausted every possible way to show you are wrong, and there is no point in continuing, and, indeed, it has sunk to pathetic depths, where you don't even bother to hide your thoughtlessness.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Perfect example of Lordseth23's usual mode of discourse- ignoring the substance of the post in favour of repeating either irrelevent or already answered question, only with dishonesty now thrown in the mix. If you don't want to argue, simply say so, because I have already demonstrated you are wrong, and have exhausted every possible way to show you are wrong, and there is no point in continuing, and, indeed, it has sunk to pathetic depths, where you don't even bother to hide your thoughtlessness.


How am I wrong?
Posted 2/4/13
I smoke cigarettes, I drink copious amounts of alcohol (When I am performing as a DJ) and I have a lot of sex with my wife.

I know 2 of those 3 things are largely damaging to my person, however I'm an adult and I understand the risks and accept them.

Life's crazy, I quit doing a BUNCH of self-destructive stuff and am happier for it.

2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
It depends on your opinion, and since the OP continues (I've already given up on another thread he made) is living in his fantastical world of his I won't bother to reason as to why alcohol, drugs and sex are all life choices people make.

Now drugs, I can see how it can be destructive, and alcohol as well, but I drink a damn lot, and hell, I love it. It's done nothing but make me feel better, and it's more of a delicacy then a way to drown out my sorrows.

And as one wise man said, "If at first you don't succeed, it don't hurt to smoke some weed."-Dr. Dre
47141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Riding sound waves
Offline
Posted 2/5/13
Why do people abuse said things while others enjoy them sparingly? Simple. Habit vs Addiction

What is the difference between a habit and an addiction?

Addiction - there is a psychological/physical component; the person is unable to control the aspects of the addiction without help because of the mental or physical conditions involved.

Habit - it is done by choice. The person with the habit can choose to stop, and will subsequently stop successfully if they want to. The psychological/physical component is not an issue as it is with an addiction.

Put simply - with a habit you are in control of your choices, with an addiction you are not in control of your choices.

Addiction to substances or activities can sometimes lead to serious problems at home, work, school and socially.

The causes of addiction vary considerably, and are not often fully understood. They are generally caused by a combination of physical, mental, circumstantial and emotional factors.

Addiction, often referred to as dependency often leads to tolerance - the addicted person needs larger and more regular amounts of whatever they are addicted to in order to receive the same effect. Often, the initial reward is no longer felt, and the addiction continues because withdrawal is so unpleasant.

(copy pasta but explains what I am thinking perfectly).
5143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 4/24/13

lordseth23 wrote:

Why is society so focused on the abuse of alcohol, drugs, and casual sex? I do not understand why people willingly engage in these and similar activities. Do they provide enough utility in order to make a shorter and more painful life worth living? I would hope so, because there is no reason why this culture should take precedence over one based on love.


Why is there so much wickedness?

God is not to blame. He gave mankind a perfect start, but humans have chosen to ignore God's requirements and decide for themselves what is good and what is bad. (Deuteronomy. 32:4, 5; Ecclesiastes. 7:29; Genesis. 3:5, 6) By doing this, they have come under the influence of wicked superhuman forces.-----Ephesians. 6:11, 12

1 John. 5:19: " but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. "

Revelation. 12:7-12: And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el*+ and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon+ was hurled, the original serpent,+ the one called Devil+ and Satan,+ who is misleading the entire inhabited earth;*+ he was hurled down to the earth,+ and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come to pass the salvation*+ and the power*+ and the kingdom of our God+ and the authority* of his Christ,+ because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!+ 11 And they conquered him+ because of the blood of the Lamb+ and because of the word of their witnessing,+ and they did not love their souls*+ even in the face of death.* 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them!+ Woe+ for the earth and for the sea,+ because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time." ( This increased woe to the world has occured since Satan has been hurled out of heaven following the birth of the Kingdom, see verse 10.)

2 Timothy 3:1--5: " But know this, that in the last days+ critical times hard* to deal with will be here.+ 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty,* blasphemers,* disobedient to parents,+ unthankful, disloyal,+ 3 having no natural affection,+ not open to any agreement,*+ slanderers,*+ without self-control, fierce,*+ without love of goodness,+ 4 betrayers,+ headstrong, puffed up [with pride],+ lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,+ 5 having a form of godly devotion*+ but proving false to its power;+ and from these turn away. (This is the fruitage of centuries of apostasy from true worship. These conditions have developed because people have proffessed to be religious have ignored what God's word really says. They have proven false to the power for good that true godly Devotion can have on one's life.
Posted 4/24/13
Because it makes us feel alive... Living a boring life is the equivalent of being dead.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/24/13

lordseth23 wrote:

Why is society so focused on the abuse of alcohol, drugs, and casual sex? I do not understand why people willingly engage in these and similar activities. Do they provide enough utility in order to make a shorter and more painful life worth living? I would hope so, because there is no reason why this culture should take precedence over one based on love.


I don't know what is controlling your point of view, but sex is good for you. its a healthy device that can help keep you healthy.

Drugs like what are we talking about?

Because even some drugs can be good for you. *its a case by case thing.*

1696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/24/13 , edited 4/24/13
Let them consume and fornicate, it bothers me not.



I must commend Lordseth23. He has proven that he can hold a viable debate and provide ample veracity, while only having to resort to grammatical correctness only twice in a thread... And if sarcasm eludes you...
468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101
Offline
Posted 4/24/13
Sex isn't self harming? I mean, I'd understand if you were a prostitute or something...

They just feel good. Drugs put you into a heaven of sorts. Feels amazing. Then you get addicted to them, (depending) and it becomes a problem. But they make you feel on the top of the world.

Drinking allows you to forget bad stuff, and it's fun to do in social situations.

Sex? Is...sex. So of course it feels way good.
Posted 4/25/13
Because it's fun.

Pretty simple concept.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.