First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Oreshura Discussions
53335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

asharka wrote:


LeIsMyName wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Another note in the shoe locker and the harem grows. Still finding this show painful to watch but I am still watching so... I guess I am SM after all LOL


It's good and painful at the same time?


Yes, that's it exactly...


Hurts so good LOL
Posted 1/26/13
When Masuzu says "I'm a bitch," I heard "akuma" in the line. Was there a better translation for that context ? I felt that "bitch" doesn't really describe her personality and "devil/demon" may be too literal.
90060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
it is so painful to watch this kind of anime
52241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
Ep 5

I still say if there is an end girl, Chiwa should be her nyaa ;3

and once again, the harem grows
(the hall monitor girl is next lol)
Posted 2/2/13
I love a lot about this episode; the dere side of Masuzu hits me hard and I was clenching onto my chest the whole time. I've had far too many heart attacks from this anime and her cuteness is harmful to my health. The one thing I really like about this episode is that it possibly foreshadows why Masuzu is anti-love; it may involve her sister since she reacted to Mana stealing a kiss from Eita. Masuzu appears as a playful girl with her persona in school but the behavior she exhibited hints more about her character.
151485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 2/2/13
Wow, so many Jojo references. At any rate, I enjoyed the latest episode. I'm not sure if introducing Mana is a good idea for now tbh because there's already an arc going on now with that girl who has the delusions. Yup, drama is coming.

Also, that CPR actually looked like CPR rather than a kiss imo:

21474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Reno, NV
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
I get why this series is going the harem route and all,but it really seems like keeping it as a comedic love triangle would be a better idea. While the show is clearly not realistic at all, the interplay between the three principals is still just believable enough to work for me, and I'm concerned that more characters entering the picture will eventually hurt this element of the show. OTOH, the show's not done yet, so maybe it will work out.
16193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
Hilarious when Natsukawa almost drowned lol.
53335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

Kikusui10 wrote:

Hilarious when Natsukawa almost drowned lol.


Yes, the anime came across better than the manga her attempt to look cool and do a front crawl when she doesn't know how to swim.

Three down, one long haired redhead from the OP to enter the harem. Not sure where they will end the show, it is obviously based off the LNs as the manga doesn't get too much farther yet.
31393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
And his troubles grow. It's hard being so popular. Trust me, I know... ...alright, no I don't. But watch a few harems and you realize that having multiple girls wanting a piece of you is not always ideal. Despite knowing that, still jealous of the lucky bastard.
9529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

The series get's better and better, although I'm not really liking the chihuahua girl.
antx0r 
20320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Various
Online
Posted 2/3/13
I like this anime, I think it's an interesting twist to the normal "harem" animes. I don't like traditional "harem" animes, because the fundamental plot devices are so nonsensical. Don't get me wrong, this anime has it's nonsensical parts, but it's not completely out there like most other animes of this type.

Here's my quick analysis of the anime so far (subject to change as more episodes come out):

21474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Reno, NV
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

antx0r wrote:

I like this anime, I think it's an interesting twist to the normal "harem" animes. I don't like traditional "harem" animes, because the fundamental plot devices are so nonsensical. Don't get me wrong, this anime has it's nonsensical parts, but it's not completely out there like most other animes of this type.

Here's my quick analysis of the anime so far (subject to change as more episodes come out)


I mostly agree with your points about the series so far, and where it may go. And, while I generally like the character of Chiwa, I think it would be an unsatisfying resolution to the series, since, at this point, all it could really be for an ending is just "Eita realizes his feelings for Chiwa and they live happily ever after". Their isn't really a lot of dramatic potential in that storyline, unless the writers get particularly clever about it.

That said, the fact that this is based on a series of light novels, and those books, as far as I know, are still being made, the series may end up like Oreimo and not resolve itself at all, at least until the series of books is near completion X number of years down the line. Of course, not having read the books, maybe there already is some resolution in them I don't know about.

In the end, I'm still enjoying the show, though I'm not as optimistic about the Princess. Personally, I tend to think chunibyou is funnier when the characters seem to at least kinda know that its all b.s., and (at least from her introduction) that doesn't seem to be the case here. But, hey, the show's surprised me so far, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
antx0r 
20320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Various
Online
Posted 2/3/13

imaginarycreatures wrote:
I mostly agree with your points about the series so far, and where it may go. And, while I generally like the character of Chiwa, I think it would be an unsatisfying resolution to the series, since, at this point, all it could really be for an ending is just "Eita realizes his feelings for Chiwa and they live happily ever after". Their isn't really a lot of dramatic potential in that storyline, unless the writers get particularly clever about it.

That said, the fact that this is based on a series of light novels, and those books, as far as I know, are still being made, the series may end up like Oreimo and not resolve itself at all, at least until the series of books is near completion X number of years down the line. Of course, not having read the books, maybe there already is some resolution in them I don't know about.

In the end, I'm still enjoying the show, though I'm not as optimistic about the Princess. Personally, I tend to think chunibyou is funnier when the characters seem to at least kinda know that its all b.s., and (at least from her introduction) that doesn't seem to be the case here. But, hey, the show's surprised me so far, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.


I actually did think of the possibly that there would be no resolution, but that would just suck, and I honestly don't think the writer would do that, unless he wants to drag the story on and create alternate stories from it or whatever. As far as Oreimo goes, if that did have a romantic resolution, that would just be weird. I think Oreimo actually did have something of a resolution, considering it's more an anime about a family relationship and being accepting of the people you love - the brother accepting his sister's strange interests and rather tsundere personality and the sister accepting that her brother is not completely useless and can rely on him if no one else.

I'm sure it's still subject to change as the story develops and the other characters are introduced, but as of right now, I think Masuzu is the best fit. There's just so much more potential for story development with her.
21474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Reno, NV
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

antx0r wrote:

I actually did think of the possibly that there would be no resolution, but that would just suck, and I honestly don't think the writer would do that, unless he wants to drag the story on and create alternate stories from it or whatever. As far as Oreimo goes, if that did have a romantic resolution, that would just be weird. I think Oreimo actually did have something of a resolution, considering it's more an anime about a family relationship and being accepting of the people you love - the brother accepting his sister's strange interests and rather tsundere personality and the sister accepting that her brother is not completely useless and can rely on him if no one else.

I'm sure it's still subject to change as the story develops and the other characters are introduced, but as of right now, I think Masuzu is the best fit. There's just so much more potential for story development with her.


Actually, my use of Oreimo as an example was simply because it is a) a light novel series adapted into an anime; b) the light novels were not completed at the time of the first season; and c) the second season of the show is coming out at the same time as the last novel is scheduled to be released, and therefore should end in (hopefully) much the same way as the books. I was suggesting they might do something similar in Oreshura, for similar reasons.

Its one of the problems with light-novel romance stories adapted into anime; I'm actually worried that both this show and Pet Girl of Sakurasou might both end unresolved because the source material is not finished. Speaking for myself, I'd like the story to have a definite end, even if it isn't the same as what ultimately occurs in the books, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority there.

And, incidentally, I'm totally with you on Masuzu. The relationship dynamic between the two of them is so unusual for anime. The closest I can think of is Kanako and Mariya from Maria*Holic, but even that is totally different from Eita and Masuzu.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.