First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
So..I watched School Days
30437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Michigan Technolo...
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
Whenever I people complain at me about how "harem protagonists have no backbone an don't take advantage all the hot girls surrounding them," I reply, "Hey, there's this anime, School Days, where the protagonist achieves the 'true harem' end."

Unfortunately, everyone I've ever tried this on has already known the ending of School Days. Than again, maybe that's a good thing, since as plenty of people have already mention on here, the ending is quite disturbing, and could seriously affect the weak at heart.

In other news, the manga is fairly different than the anime. I wasn't disgusted by Makoto as much in the manga (not to say I didn't still find him despicable), and instead my loathing was directed towards a different character.
2266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
To all the people wanting to play the game cause of good endings don't there are no good endings in that game either way someone dies horribly like train accidents, knifing of course, stuff like that all endings in that game end with you losing lol.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
It definetly has a ridiculously dark ending which is the main source of the hate but honestly I enjoyed it lol sadly all the hate will keep it from getting a dub but whatever.
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
I just actually finished it 5 minutes ago and.....


Well....


Ummm....


Ok seriously it was the worst anime I've ever watched. SERIOUS-FREAKING-LY~!!!~!!
It was like a combination of all the things I hate about human nature. I'm still glad I watched it though... Kind of gave me a different feel with anime and it was a good change from all the rom-com and lovey-dovey animes I've been watching this whole time.
BUT STILL OMG I AM SCARRED.
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 3/6/13

SonofGrungni wrote:

Whenever I people complain at me about how "harem protagonists have no backbone an don't take advantage all the hot girls surrounding them," I reply, "Hey, there's this anime, School Days, where the protagonist achieves the 'true harem' end."

Unfortunately, everyone I've ever tried this on has already known the ending of School Days. Than again, maybe that's a good thing, since as plenty of people have already mention on here, the ending is quite disturbing, and could seriously affect the weak at heart.

In other news, the manga is fairly different than the anime. I wasn't disgusted by Makoto as much in the manga (not to say I didn't still find him despicable), and instead my loathing was directed towards a different character.


HAHA OMG Thank you for making me realize it that way...
I understand this anime so much more now. I think the writer was just so tired of all the teasing in harems that he/she just thought, "Hey, what the hell... let me make a more realistic one." Ok maybe he/she went overboard on the realistic part.
17036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
One of the most messed up animes I've ever seen, then again I'm currently watching Higurashi so my opinion might change soon
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
I liked School Days the ending was just so SATISFYING. Also, I really like Kotonoha. I love yanderes and she is one of the best. Also....NICE BOAT!
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
I can't say I liked the series because it's built around the fact that pretty much all the characters are horrible unlikable people who do horrible things, but I can say it was definitely well worth watching and the ending was extremely cathartic. It's one of those animes you should see once and then never watch again.
53437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/7/13

YoruAzeniaSIC wrote:

It definetly has a ridiculously dark ending which is the main source of the hate but honestly I enjoyed it lol sadly all the hate will keep it from getting a dub but whatever.


It was done in 2007 so if there was going to be a dub it would have been made by now.

I would like a live action version. They could call it "One head in a duffle bag, nice boat!"
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13

hpulley wrote:


YoruAzeniaSIC wrote:

It definetly has a ridiculously dark ending which is the main source of the hate but honestly I enjoyed it lol sadly all the hate will keep it from getting a dub but whatever.


It was done in 2007 so if there was going to be a dub it would have been made by now.

I would like a live action version. They could call it "One head in a duffle bag, nice boat!"


haha thatd be interesting XD and I realize a dub isnt likely lol
22652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 3/7/13
I didn't really like School Days that much. But the ending was just unexpected, I couldn't believe what happened.
66794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 3/7/13
Many of the negative reviews about School Days stem from the ending and as previous mentioned by SonofGrungni, this paints a more appropriate light on the whole 'harem' thing.

This show had the balls to show what would happen if the male protagonist was shown in a more realistic fashion.

Sure, the ending 'sucks' according to many people but I believe that ending is what makes this series stand out from the rest of the 'feel good' anime out there in the same genre.
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13


This is the only thing I liked about this anime. Everything else can go to hell
19028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Ending was like yuk!
15098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
i loved the first few episodes but then it just got so depressing i don't know it was just too crazy imo.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.