First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Offensive threads in the forums and polls.
9448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13 , edited 1/5/13
I as a member of Crunchyroll seek the opinion and views of Crunchyroll members on offensive martial. To better understand and to teach others on offensive subjects that are, or should be taboo on the forums and polls. What is appropriate for all ages. In order to find out on the matter of offensive subjects I ask all who would lend me and others your opinion. What do you find offensive? I ask from experience from having an what could be seen as offensive topic deleted. Did this happen to you? What should we as members view as offensive and or what is acceptable. I do believe we need to keep in mind this is a family site with teenagers on it, in saying so I ask these teenagers as well as adults what offends you. Please be mindful of others wail posting in this forum topic that am asking what you personally find offensive or inappropriate. mod advice and opinions areaccepted also. Normal members did you have a post deleted and did not understand why? in terms of asking a question do you see some questions offensive even if kept pg13
Posted 1/5/13
Im not much of a Social Site type of guy im mostly working on computers and doing things that interest me like researching and understanding technology.

I came here to see Anime of course cause ony of my friends she really got me hooked into this and i admit its wonderful Anime feels better then TV shows here in the US.

Um i never truly experianced any negativity on other sites like myspace when i was a teenager it felt nice and a great way to talk to my buddies after we got home from school and then ran off to do teen things like Movies, Shopping etc..

But if there were offensive threads i think they should be controlled and better more deleted cause lets face it no one wants to see a threat or post that is offensive it will just start WW3 heh...
16193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
For me it doesnt matter much what the topic is, it really depends on how its stated. If you clearly state it as a question, or to open a normal discussion then i think its fine pretty much whatever you want to talk about.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
IF someone says something that offends me, I'll challenge them to prove their facts or admit they are a troll. I don't want people self censoring. The Idea that we daresn't give offence is the most insidious and toxic attack on free speech that I have seen in my lifetime.

Note this is not a license to be rude or insulting. but really. people can be offended by the truth. or by opinions that have no effect on them. To stifle the truth and silence dialogue just because someone got mad at a third parties 'words' is ... dangerous.
17496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/5/13 , edited 1/5/13
There's always offensive material here. It's a matter of perspective, though. If you feel uncomfortable, then just report it. There will always be the douche bags that ruin it for others, no stopping it. You just have to ignore them, though.
9448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

IF someone says something that offends me, I'll challenge them to prove their facts or admit they are a troll. I don't want people self censoring. The Idea that we daresn't give offence is the most insidious and toxic attack on free speech that I have seen in my lifetime.

Note this is not a license to be rude or insulting. but really. people can be offended by the truth. or by opinions that have no effect on them. To stifle the truth and silence dialogue just because someone got mad at a third parties 'words' is ... dangerous.


I agree with your opinion, I made a poll asking if size matters male and female pelvic area and it was deleted and I got a letter saying it was offensive in terms of asking a question do you see some questions offensive even if kept pg13
Posted 1/5/13
It's the forums that bring the trouble say you make a thread about religion well people going get iffy if you specify to one religion
Bu then again every ones has there own say but some times keeping your aprons to your self is better to do at times it's more on the person that's replying to the post goes ott or if the post is not open to all and not one movement
Moderator XIV
67188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13
Uh common sense rules here. If you have to stop and ask yourself if posting something is a good idea or might be offensive then odds are.... it is offensive and posting it probably isn't a smart move.

Also we do have forum rules and stuff. Nobody reads em, but they exist!

Link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-406095/cr-siteforum-rules
Queen Moderator
32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

Karkarov wrote:

Uh common sense rules here. If you have to stop and ask yourself if posting something is a good idea or might be offensive then odds are.... it is offensive and posting it probably isn't a smart move.

Also we do have forum rules and stuff. Nobody reads em, but they exist!

Link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-406095/cr-siteforum-rules


I've read em!! :P

And yeah, agreeing with the common sense portion. Most of the rules are no brainers, but there are a few are things you would have to actually read it to know.
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

darkangel09rose wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

IF someone says something that offends me, I'll challenge them to prove their facts or admit they are a troll. I don't want people self censoring. The Idea that we daresn't give offence is the most insidious and toxic attack on free speech that I have seen in my lifetime.

Note this is not a license to be rude or insulting. but really. people can be offended by the truth. or by opinions that have no effect on them. To stifle the truth and silence dialogue just because someone got mad at a third parties 'words' is ... dangerous.


I agree with your opinion, I made a poll asking if size matters male and female pelvic area and it was deleted and I got a letter saying it was offensive in terms of asking a question do you see some questions offensive even if kept pg13


I often find myself thinking that there is too much censoring going around under the pretext of keeping things "safe" for children (whether it's movies, anime, TV shows, or stuff on the internet). I believe we have to be able to trust our children a little more that they will be mature enough to understand that there are different opinions on different matters and that any topic has potential for legitimate and constructive discussion. We coddle our children too much by trying to dumb everything down to their level and making everything "safe" and "child-friendly" by glossing over some things. Case in point, the practice of removing cigarettes from anime / manga in the american release or trying to cover up that a character got drunk by changing it to something other than an alcoholic beverage. Just because a certain character smokes / drinks does not mean your child will pick up the habit from watching the show. I mean come on! Have a little trust in your child's own judgement, kids are smart! They can make up their own minds about things!

... I kinda went off topic, but my point is that anything is fair game for legitimate discussion in my mind, I can't think of something off the top of my head that would particularly offend me, as long as your point was valid or your opinion legitimate. Everyone is different and there's bound to be different points of view. I may not agree with you, but that doesn't mean I would call your opinion offensive or report you for it. As Papagolfwhiskey notes, this doesn't mean you're free to be as rude or insulting as you want, it means you should feel free to express your own opinion on a matter without fear of someone reporting you / trying to shut you up because it was "offensive".
Posted 1/5/13

Karkarov wrote:

Uh common sense rules here. If you have to stop and ask yourself if posting something is a good idea or might be offensive then odds are.... it is offensive and posting it probably isn't a smart move.

Also we do have forum rules and stuff. Nobody reads em, but they exist!

Link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-406095/cr-siteforum-rules


Just wondering Duse this still happen

1st offense ~ Warning
2nd offense ~ 3-day ban
3rd offense ~ Account Deletion


Because I seen people be banned and banned and banned the same people

Insted time gets longer now instead dalton am I right
55346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 1/5/13
If you find something that offends you post your reason why other wise move on to something else. I do find the more liberal a person is the more the want to control the content of forums.
Posted 1/5/13
Something offends you move on like tarakelly said.
9448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 1/5/13

Kurenai_Taka wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

IF someone says something that offends me, I'll challenge them to prove their facts or admit they are a troll. I don't want people self censoring. The Idea that we daresn't give offence is the most insidious and toxic attack on free speech that I have seen in my lifetime.

Note this is not a license to be rude or insulting. but really. people can be offended by the truth. or by opinions that have no effect on them. To stifle the truth and silence dialogue just because someone got mad at a third parties 'words' is ... dangerous.


I agree with your opinion, I made a poll asking if size matters male and female pelvic area and it was deleted and I got a letter saying it was offensive in terms of asking a question do you see some questions offensive even if kept pg13


I often find myself thinking that there is too much censoring going around under the pretext of keeping things "safe" for children (whether it's movies, anime, TV shows, or stuff on the internet). I believe we have to be able to trust our children a little more that they will be mature enough to understand that there are different opinions on different matters and that any topic has potential for legitimate and constructive discussion. We coddle our children too much by trying to dumb everything down to their level and making everything "safe" and "child-friendly" by glossing over some things. Case in point, the practice of removing cigarettes from anime / manga in the american release or trying to cover up that a character got drunk by changing it to something other than an alcoholic beverage. Just because a certain character smokes / drinks does not mean your child will pick up the habit from watching the show. I mean come on! Have a little trust in your child's own judgement, kids are smart! They can make up their own minds about things!

... I kinda went off topic, but my point is that anything is fair game for legitimate discussion in my mind, I can't think of something off the top of my head that would particularly offend me, as long as your point was valid or your opinion legitimate. Everyone is different and there's bound to be different points of view. I may not agree with you, but that doesn't mean I would call your opinion offensive or report you for it. As Papagolfwhiskey notes, this doesn't mean you're free to be as rude or insulting as you want, it means you should feel free to express your own opinion on a matter without fear of someone reporting you / trying to shut you up because it was "offensive".

I agree we take it over bord by all means the more we say something is bad the more they will seek out other worse things. If we teach are kids right instead of always covering there eres to choice and know what is acceptable is some thing we can teach plus this sight is full of teenagers who here worse in school, if its a topic about sex its deleted
Moon Princess Moderator
272789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Heaven
Offline
Posted 1/5/13


I agree with you Karkarov.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.